Tour Itinerary of Yunnan Cycling Escapade
7-Day Kunming, Dali and Lijiang Tour (CHT-CL-04)
Escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Discover the peace and tranquillity of Xizhou and Shuhe Ancient Towns.
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Kunming, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Kunming), A Free CH cell phone package
- A Free CH cell phone package:
A Free CH cell phone package includes free rental for the cell phone and SIM card (Includes prepaid value of CNY 50), delivery and collection in China. Return the phone to your guide when you depart. For more about the cell phone rental service, please click cell phone rental information.China Highlights also provides a Wi-Fi package so that you can connect to the internet in China anytime and anywhere. Our 3G service provides speeds of up to 21Mbps on your smart phone, pad or laptop, so you can stay in contact. For more detail please visit Wi-Fi rental information .
Place & Transport: Kunming
Today's Activities: The Stone Forest, Kunming Hand Workshop
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Chinese Restaurant of Stone Forest Ashima Hotel
- The Stone Forest (2 hours): A fantastic natural phenomena located 90 km southeast of Kunming. The various shapes of karst landscape was formed due to millions of years' movement of Earth. The Stone Forest area is the home of the Sani people, their folk customs has become one spectacular scene, the colorful embroidery and minority dances combine with the natural sceneries, which will surely leave you a deep impression.
- Kunming Hand Workshop: Located near Yangzong Lake, Kunming Hand Workshop sell the embroidery clothes, wall carpet and some ethnic style embroidery hand crafts.
- Chinese Restaurant of Stone Forest Ashima Hotel : Situated by the entrance to Stone Forest landscaped area, the restaurant is famous for its roast duck.
Place & Transport: Kunming to Dali (Watch the Video ), Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Kunming), Airport Transfer (Dali), Houses of Bai People in Xizhou, Three Pagodas, Houses of Zhoucheng, ZhouCheng tie-dye family workshop
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Kaiyi's Kitchen
- Houses of Bai People in Xizhou (30 minutes): The Houses of Bai people in Xizhou are located in the Xizhou Town which is 16 kilometers away from the Ancient City of Dali. Xizhou is not only a famous historic city, but also a typical commercial town of Bai people. It is one of the cradles of National capitalism of Bai people, and a famous hometown to overseas Chinese in Yunnan. You will see typical Bai traditions and dresses there. Some buildings are old and typical ancient architectures, which are the real local house. On the outside walls of each house, there are numerous exquisite paintings showing the art atmosphere.
- Three Pagodas (1.5 hours): The Three Pagodas between the Cangshan Mountain and Erhai Lake are considered the landmark of Dali. Towering aloft in a triangle shape, the Three Pagodas were built more than 1,000 years ago. Stored in the pagodas are valued Buddhist scripts and scriptures.
- Houses of Zhoucheng (30 minutes): Zhoucheng is located 23 kilometers to the north of the Ancient City of Dali. Zhoucheng Town is the biggest town of Bai people in Dali. There in the Town live altogether more than 1,500 Bai families.
- ZhouCheng tie-dye family workshop: The workshop is near the Spring of Butterflies. You will learn the making process of tie-dye cloth which is one of the Bai people's traditional handcrafts.
Address: ZhouCheng village，XiZhou town
- Kaiyi's Kitchen: Kaiyi’s Kitchen is one of the most popular coffee shops on the foreigner’s street. There are more than 200 options on the menu which include the western- style and the Asian food.
Place & Transport: Dali to Lijiang (Watch the Video )
Today's Activities: Agricultural Trade Market, Cruise on the Erhai Lake, Our guide and driver will escort you from Dali to Lijiang, Lijiang Ancient Town, Lijiang Museum
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at No.8 Lv Xue Zhai Restaurant
- Agricultural Trade Market (1.5 hours): Every morning the local people go about their daily life. The people bring fish, vegetable, poultry and dairy to be sold. The Bai ladies dress in their traditional clothes and go about their business selling farming products. This market is a picture of Bai people's daily life.
- Cruise on the Erhai Lake: The area around Lake Erhai is blessed with a mild climate and fertile land with forests containing valuable stocks of timber, medicinal herbs and rare animals. A cruise around the lake and its islands is an excellent way to explore the area and visit a working fishing village. Fifteen minutes' wait is sometimes required if there are less than five people to take the cruise.
- Lijiang Ancient Town (2 hours): It is situated in the middle area of the county, which is more than 2400 meters high above sea level. It enjoys beautiful scenes, an indeed famous city with long history and splendid culture, it is very rare in China that such well-preserved minority ancient city still exists. The old town is quite busy in the afternoon and evening with an active atmosphere of the lights and crowd. An early morning visit will be less crowded.
- Lijiang Museum: Lijiang Museum showcases products of many types, including the old paintings and hand writing arts.
- No.8 Lv Xue Zhai Restaurant: The restaurant is decorated in courtyard style of Naxi region and mainly provides Naxi cuisine as well some Chinese dishes.
Place & Transport: Lijiang (Watch the Video )
Today's Activities: Baisha Murals at Baisha Village, The Black Dragon Pool, Shuhe ancient town
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Baisha Murals at Baisha Village (30 minutes): Painted over a thousand years ago, the murals combine the cultures of Han, Tibetan and Naxi people displaying the life stories of the Tibet Buddhism, Confucian and Taoism.
- The Black Dragon Pool (1.5 hours): The park holds the Black Dragon Pool and gets name because of it. The pool is listed in the Collections of Famous Pools of China because of its beauty.
- Shuhe ancient town (1.5 hours): Also known as Longquan Village, it is home to one of the ethnic groups, and is just like a village forgotten by time. Featuring a nice temple complex, this village is extremely peaceful. It is a well preserved important town on the ancient tea and horse route.
Place & Transport: Lijiang (Watch the Video )
Today's Activities: The Jade Dragon Mountain (with Large Cable Car from Ganhaizi), The Yufengsi Lamasery/The Jade Summit Lamasery
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- The Jade Dragon Mountain (with Large Cable Car from Ganhaizi) (3.5 hours): Noted as the highest tourist cable in China, the Large Cable way goes up to Shanzidou (Shanzi Peak) the main peak of the snow mountain, with the an entire length of 2,914m, a top altitude of 4,506 km, and a perpendicular ascent of 1,150m. The cable car will take you into the clouds, where you will be far away from the worldly hurly-burly, and find yourself in a real paradise. Many visit Ganhanzi, Baishuihe (White Water River), and Glacier Park from this cableway.
- The Yufengsi Lamasery/The Jade Summit Lamasery (1 hour): Built in the Qing Dynasty and famous for camellias in the temple. Being the traditional Sihe Yard layout, consisting of the gate building, the main palace and two stone tigers, it represents the architecture style of Qing Dynasty. There are many dragon relieve and exquisite Buddhist paintings in the main palace.
- Baisha Shiguang Restaurant: The restaurant is located in Baisha Village and provides mainly Naxi cuisine along with some Chinese dishes.
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$1,809||$1,399||$1,359||$720/ $303/ $233|
|6-9 Persons||$1,599||$1,139||$1,139||$720/ $303/ $233|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$1,869||$1,449||$1,419||$720/ $303/ $233|
|6-9 Persons||$1,609||$1,179||$1,179||$720/ $303/ $233|
Tour Class Comparison (Demo for Beijing)
|Superior ( 5 Star )||Deluxe (4 Star)||Economy (4/3 Star)|
|Crowne Plaza Beijing||Sunworld Hotel||Days Inn Forbidden City|
Hotels We Selected for This Tour
|City||Superior Class||Deluxe Class||Tourist Class|
|Kunming||Green Lake Hotel||Kunming New Era Hotel||King World Hotel|
|Dali||Gurong Hotel||Dali Landscape Hotel||Dali Landscape Hotel|
|Lijiang||Crowne Plaza Lijiang Ancient Town||Lijiang Yinxiang Old City Hotel||Sanhe Hotel Lijiang|
Excellent Local Guides
We selected the most experienced tour guides in each city. They are all very professional and flexible during the tour with oustanding knowledge of all the sites and history.
Our Luxury Car for Families
We use the modern air-conditioned luxury cars for families or 2-3 persons. The comfort and safety of our customers is of utmost importance, so we ensure that all of the vehicles that we use are well-maintained and always very clean.
Comfortable People Carrier for Small Groups
We use only air-conditioned small buses for small groups of 4-7 persons. Our drivers are very nice and careful with over 5-year drive experience.
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Phone Rental Package:
Rental cost for the cell phone and SIM card for use in mainland China, and at least 30 mins of FREE international calls.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Kunming, Dali, Lijiang by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Kunming To Dali Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Lijiang To Kunming Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax for Domestic Flights
Airport Tax and Fuel Fee for Flights if applicable
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.