Tour Itinerary of Beijing & Guilin Romance Combo
8-Day Beijing, Guilin and Yangshuo Tour (CHT-HM-01)
Combine Beijing's history and culture with the beauty of Guilin and Yangshou, what better way to spend 8 days.
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing), A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group)
- A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group):
A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group) includes free rental for the cell phone and SIM card (Includes prepaid value of CNY 50), delivery and collection in China. Return the phone to your guide when you depart. For more about the cell phone rental service, please click cell phone rental information.China Highlights also provides a Wi-Fi package so that you can connect to the internet in China anytime and anywhere. Our 3G service provides speeds of up to 21Mbps on your smart phone, pad or laptop, so you can stay in contact. For more detail please visit Wi-Fi rental information .
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Treasure Houses, Temple of Heaven
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant (Di'anmen Branch), Chinese Dinner at Qianmen Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant
- Tiananmen Square (50 minutes): Tian'anmen Square is the largest city square in the centre of Beijing, named after the Tiananmen (literally, Gate of Heavenly Peace) which sits to its north, separating it from the Forbidden City. It has great cultural significance as it was the site of several key events in Chinese history. As the world's largest city square and enduring symbol of China's national pride, it is surrounded by many imposing buildings including the Heavenly Gate (entry to the Forbidden City), Museums, government buildings and Chairman Mao's Mausoleum.
- The Forbidden City (2.5 hours): The Forbidden City was home to 24 emperors between 1368 and 1911.This "city within a city" is a World Heritage Site, and is the largest and the best preserved ancient imperial architecture complex in the world, with great square, halls and gates contrast with intricate halls, gardens, courtyards and quarters. The exhibitions, both permanent and temporary, are all important treasures of ancient China.
- Treasure Houses (30 minutes): Treasure house has undergone 4 time renovations, the present one takes up almost 220 square metres, more than 440 treasures on display belonged to Qing dynasty royalty, half of which have not never been on display in the old one. It's worthy of visiting.
- Temple of Heaven (1.5 hours): Built in 1420 during the Ming Dynasty, Temple of Heaven is a complex of Taoist buildings where emperors of Ming and Qing dynasties visited for annual ceremonies of pray for good harvests. Located in the south of Central Beijing, it covers an area of 273 hectares. Temple of Heaven was enrolled as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1998.
- Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant (Di'anmen Branch): This restaurant of typical Chinese style, it serves authentic dishes of Old Beijing fare - hand-pulled noodles, cold dishes, snack foods and more. Having the taste of the tasty noodles, usually eaten with a thick sesame and soy-based sauce.
- Qianmen Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant: In the evening, enjoy Peking Roasted Duck which is renowned as the most delicious food of Beijing at Qianmen Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant(Old Duck). As the nickname implies, this is one of the oldest restaurants in the capital, dating back to 1864, and they serve great Peking duck.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Exterior visit of Beijing Olympic Stadiums(Bird's Nest and Water Cube)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant
- The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car) (2 hours): This less-crowded section of the Great Wall is a about 2.5 hours' drive from downtown Beijing. A cable car takes you to a good section (avoiding a very steep climb), where you can walk along the wall, through the watch towers and enjoy superb views as it snakes across the hills and mountains. You can return by cable car, walk down or walk along the wall for about an hour to descend by chairlift. Wear good walking shoes and protection from the weather.
- Exterior visit of Beijing Olympic Stadiums(Bird's Nest and Water Cube) (1 hour): Located at the north end of the central axis of Beijing City, with a large area of 1215 hectares, it contains National museum, exhibition area, Olympic Village and Olympic competition avenues. Approximately 31 venues are used in Beijing Olympics, including National Stadium, the Bird's Nest and National Aquatics Center. You will explore the park, but it doesn't include going inside the Bird's Nest and Water Cube.
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant is near Great Wall of Mutianyu section. This garden style restaurant serves farmhouse dishes, specializing in rainbow trout, sturgeon and salmon. The fabulous taste will leave you with great memories.
Place & Transport: Beijing to Guilin, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing), Airport Transfer (Guilin), Reed Flute Cave, Elephant Trunk Hill, Fubo Hill
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at McFound Restaurant
- Reed Flute Cave (1 hour): Located 5 kilometers northwest of Guilin city, the Reed Flute Cave gets the name from the reeds used for making flutes and pipes that grow at its entrance. The cave is regarded as the largest and most impressive cave in Guilin. It is 240 meters long, and the length of the tour is about 550 meters offering a magic land of stalactites, stalagmites, stone pillars, stone curtains, birds, plants and animals in fantastic shapes and colors. The visit lasts for 40 minutes and there are a lot of steps. Watch your step as the lights are dim. You guide will show you by electric torch.
- Elephant Trunk Hill (40 minutes): Elephant Trunk Hill is located at the junction of Li River and Peach Blossom River. It is the symbol of Guilin with 55 meters high and got its name because its shape resembles an elephant with its trunk drinking from the Li River. The hill is pierced with many caves and topped with a small pagoda.
- Fubo Hill: Fubo Hill is on the west bank of the Li River in the city center. Partially submerged in the river it was named after General Fubo of the Tang Dynasty who built Mayuan Temple on the hill. Because of its location and height, Fubo Hill can tame the waves and stop the surging waters which then form whirlpools. It is 213 meters above sea level and 62 meters above ground level. There are almost 350 steps to climb to reach top of hill and but then you can enjoy a birds eye view of Guilin city.
- McFound Restaurant: A restaurant which decorated in traditional northern style, with wheaten food of full aroma and household atmosphere of authentic culture, is warmly welcome for customers.
Place & Transport: Guilin
Today's Activities: Minority village and Longsheng Terraced Field
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Minority village and Longsheng Terraced Field: The Longji Terraces are built into the steep mountain range named "The Dragon's Backbone" about 2.5 hours from Guilin. The terraces look like ribbons as they wind from the foot to the top of the mountain. This ingenious construction makes best use of the scarce arable land and water resources in the mountainous area. There are about 66 square kilometers of terraced fields in the district. The Terraces were first built in the Yuan dynasty and completed in the Qing dynasty by the Zhuang people. Zhuang and Yao minority villages dot the area and feature traditional unique architecture where no nails are used in construction. The different minority customs and dressing styles are especially interesting. Sedan chairs are available from the parking lot to the top of the mountain for customers who would like to see the great views but do not wish to climb all the way up to the top; it takes about CNY350 per person for the round trip.
Place & Transport: Guilin to Yangshuo (Watch the Video )
Today's Activities: Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo. (4 hours): A cruise along the Li River between Guilin and Yangshuo is an unforgettable experience. As you take in the stunning scenery, there's something interesting to see at almost every bend in the river. Between spectacular limestone peaks you'll see graceful bamboo groves, farmers tending rice paddies, and lumbering water buffaloes pulling carts or cooling off in the river. You may see fishermen gliding along on their narrow bamboo rafts, and if you're very lucky you might see one of the famous fishing cormorants. Boats depart from various wharves, according to the height of the river at different times of the year.The Li river cruise is by a medium size boat which can accommodate about 140 passengers.
Place & Transport: Yangshuo to Guilin
Today's Activities: Yangshuo Countryside Cycling, Our guide and driver will escort you from Yangshuo to Guilin, Yangshuo Chinese Cookery Class
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Yuanshiren Restaurant
- Yangshuo Countryside Cycling: Experience the hustle & bustle of the Yangshuo traffic for 10 minutes before you escape onto the country roads, lanes and tracks of the distinctive and beautiful Yangshuo countryside. Biking alongside the paddy field and orchards that surround the famous mountains will give a fascinating insight into life in rural China. You will have a family visit on the half way. It is an opportunity to see a real country life and talk to the local farmers.
- Yuanshiren Restaurant: Yuanshiren restaurant located in the middle of West Street, which is runing for more than 10 years, it is famous for the western food and traditional Yangshuo food！
Yangshuo Chinese Cookery Class: This class begins at the local market where ingredients for the dishes are chosen by students. Back at a covered, rooftop patio-classroom, you have an opportunity to learn three dishes and enjoy the fruits of your labor. You can choose other favorite dishes at the lunch.
What happens during the class?
1. Meet the teacher in cooking school and choose two meat dishes and one vegetable dish from the menu.
2. Walk to local farmer's market and see different kinds of seasonable vegetable and meat sell in the market.
3. Back to school to start the class, there are three steps to learn: chopping, frying and seasoning.
4. Taste the dishes you cook and receive the recipes after class.
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$2,149||$1,959||$1,869||$533/ $338/ $240|
|6-9 Persons||$1,849||$1,659||$1,559||$533/ $338/ $240|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$2,319||$2,099||$1,919||$695/ $469/ $278|
|6-9 Persons||$2,019||$1,799||$1,609||$695/ $469/ $278|
Excellent Local Guides
We selected the most experienced tour guides in each city. They are all very professional and flexible during the tour with oustanding knowledge of all the sites and history.
Our Luxury Car for Families
We use the modern air-conditioned luxury cars for families or 2-3 persons. The comfort and safety of our customers is of utmost importance, so we ensure that all of the vehicles that we use are well-maintained and always very clean.
Comfortable People Carrier for Small Groups
We use only air-conditioned small buses for small groups of 4-7 persons. Our drivers are very nice and careful with over 5-year drive experience.
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Phone Rental Package:
Rental cost for the cell phone and SIM card for use in mainland China, and at least 30 mins of FREE international calls.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing, Guilin, Yangshuo by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Beijing To Guilin Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Guilin To Beijing Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax for Domestic Flights
Airport Tax and Fuel Fee for Flights if applicable
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.