Tour Itinerary of Shanghai, Hangzhou and Wuzhen Romance Combo
5-Day Shanghai, Hangzhou and Wuzhen Tour (CHT-HM-02)
See metropolis Shanghai, classic Chinese beauty Hangzhou as well as anicnet watertown Wuzhen in 5 days to memory your honeymoon.
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: Yuyuan Garden, Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, The Bund
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Home's Restaurant, Chinese Dinner at Shanghai Oriental Pearl Revolving Restaurant
- Yuyuan Garden (1 hour): Yuyuan Garden is located in the center of Shanghai old quarters. It was a private garden built in 1559 during the Ming Dynasty, with typical Chinese classic architecture and style. The complex covers an area of 2 hectares, with rockeries, pavilions, ponds and corridors. Yuyuan Garden is surrounding by a busy market place, where visitors can find everything from popular local snacks, handicrafts, antiques and souvenirs to some famous time-honored restaurants.
- Oriental Pearl TV Tower (1.3 hours): One of the tallest TV towers in the world, known for its distinctive spheres, or "pearls", it stands across the river from the Bund, among the exciting architecture of the east bank. The Shanghai History Museum is Located on the first floor of the Oriental TV Tower. There you can see the four major exhibition units reflecting Shanghai's history, modern and recent revolutionary history respectively.
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall (1 hour): A short walk across Renmin Square from the Shanghai Museum, this is a fascinating insight into Shanghai's future. The 2nd floor has a giant walkaround model of the city, and other floors have great displays, interactive exhibitions and walkthroughs of aspects such as the ports, greening, leisure etc.
- The Bund (40 minutes): This 1.5-kilometer-long embankment runs along the western bank of Huangpu River. On its west side it is the "architecture gallery" with 52 well-preserved old European style buildings. Once the major trading and commercial center of old Shanghai, the Bund has now taken on new vitality, with futuristic developments, chic restaurants, top end shops and bars offer plenty to see and do-and by night it's magic!
- Home's Restaurant: Home's Restaurant is located near the Nanjing Road. It specializes in Shanghai cuisine using the best local ingredients. Smoked fish and red jujube with sticky rice are well known in Shanghai. The restaurant enjoys a great reputation with diners from many parts of China and abroad.
- Shanghai Oriental Pearl Revolving Restaurant: Located on top of the Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Oriental Pearl Revolving Restaurant is the highest one in Asia. The buffet features hundreds of Chinese and western dishes while the restaurant revolves once every two hours.
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Hangzhou, Train No. D5653 (Shanghai Railway Station - Hangzhou Railway Station) Dep 08:01 - Arr 09:46
Today's Activities: Hotel to Train station Transfer (Shanghai), Train station Transfer (Hangzhou), Leisure Bicycle around the West Lake, Lingyin Temple, Meijiawu Tea Plantation and Tea Shop
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Louwailou Resturant
Leisure Bicycle around the West Lake: It is romantic and easy to tour around the West Lake by bicycle. You can feel the picturesque scenery of the West Lake, breathe the fragrant air of the nature and exercise your body as well.
- Lingyin Temple (2 hours): As one of the most important and wealthiest Buddhist temples in China, Lingyin Temple boasts plenty of pagodas and Buddhist grottoes.
During the Eastern Jin Dynasty in 328 AD, Hui Li, a monk from India brought Buddhism to this area and founded this temple. At that time, nine multi-storey buildings, 8 pavilions, 72 halls and more than 1,300 dormitory rooms had made up this temple, and it was the national worship center.
Located in front of the temple proper, Feilai Feng (Flying Peak) is an outstanding Buddhist grotto site, in which are engraved numerous Buddha images. Legend has it the peak was originally from India, and flew to Hangzhou overnight as a demonstration of the omnipotence of Buddhist law.
Other attractions include Hall of the Heavenly Kings, Grand Hall of the Great Sage, Hall of the Medicine Buddha, Sutra Library, and Hall of the Five Hundred Arhats.
- Louwailou Resturant: Louwailou is a famous restaurant located nearby West Lake and has a long history of more than 150 years. The restaurant specializes in Hangzhou cuisine and it is well known for West lake vinegar fish and Braised Dongpo Pork.
- Meijiawu Tea Plantation and Tea Shop: Meijiawu Tea Village is located in the western part of West Lake scenic area. It has a history of over 600 years. Situated among lush green hills, it is a rustic, natural scenic spot. Visitors can have a tea culture experience by seeing tea picking and processing. It also showcases tea products of all kinds including Jasmine tea, Dragon Well tea, Green tea, Black tea, and Wulong tea. Visitors can buy the tea in the tea shop.
Address: No.1 South Meiling Road
Place & Transport: Hangzhou to Wuzhen (Watch the Video )
Today's Activities: Ancient Village Wuzhen, The Riverine Ancient Town of Wuzhen, Wu Zhen boat cruise, Our guide and driver will escort you from Hangzhou to Wuzhen
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Ancient Village Wuzhen (1 hour): Wuzhen lies in the far north-east of Zhejiang province, about 90 minutes by road from Shanghai. The name "water town" is especially apt; besides lying on the Grand Canal, the settlement is completely encircled by two rivers - the Dong Shi and a smaller tributary, which meet at a T-junction.
- The Riverine Ancient Town of Wuzhen (2 hours): Wuzhen is in the north of Tongxiang city in Zhejiang Province, with Huzhou city to its west and Wujiang county of Jiangsu Province to its north.
- Wu Zhen boat cruise (2 hours): The Wuzhen wooden boat takes 6 people at maximum and cruise is around 20 minutes. tourists can enjoy the atmosphere of the traditional cultures and the original ancient features of the town that have been preserved intact, the elegant watery views and the strong local colored traditions and customs.
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$1,099||$899||$839||$406/ $197/ $149|
|6-9 Persons||$839||$619||$599||$406/ $197/ $149|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$1,209||$939||$849||$514/ $241/ $156|
|6-9 Persons||$949||$679||$599||$514/ $241/ $156|
Tour Class Comparison (Demo for Beijing)
|Superior ( 5 Star )||Deluxe (4 Star)||Economy (4/3 Star)|
|Crowne Plaza Beijing||Sunworld Hotel||Days Inn Forbidden City|
Hotels We Selected for This Tour
|City||Superior Class||Deluxe Class||Tourist Class|
|Shanghai||Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World||The Bund Hotel Shanghai||Kingtown Hotel Plaza Shanghai|
|Hangzhou||Sofitel Westlake Hangzhou||Ramada Plaza Hangzhou Haihua||Enjoyor Hotel|
|Wuzhen||Splendid Clubhouse||Tong An Hotel||Wuzhen Guest House|
Excellent Local Guides
We selected the most experienced tour guides in each city. They are all very professional and flexible during the tour with oustanding knowledge of all the sites and history.
Our Luxury Car for Families
We use the modern air-conditioned luxury cars for families or 2-3 persons. The comfort and safety of our customers is of utmost importance, so we ensure that all of the vehicles that we use are well-maintained and always very clean.
Comfortable People Carrier for Small Groups
We use only air-conditioned small buses for small groups of 4-7 persons. Our drivers are very nice and careful with over 5-year drive experience.
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Wuzhen by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Shanghai To Hangzhou Transfer via: Train, D5653 (Our arrangements)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports/railway stations and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.