Tour Itinerary of Romantic China Tours
10-Day Shanghai, Yichang, Yangtze, Chongqing and Lijiang Tour (CHT-HM-05)
Start your honeymoon tours in China!With your lover to trip this romantic tours: walk along the bund get views of Huangpu River,take cruise along Yangtze River to enjoy happy among your lover and biking to Shuhe ancient town in Lijiang, all these will wait for lovers.
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Shanghai), A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group)
- A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group):
A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group) includes free rental for the cell phone and SIM card (Includes prepaid value of CNY 50), delivery and collection in China. Return the phone to your guide when you depart. For more about the cell phone rental service, please click cell phone rental information.China Highlights also provides a Wi-Fi package so that you can connect to the internet in China anytime and anywhere. Our 3G service provides speeds of up to 21Mbps on your smart phone, pad or laptop, so you can stay in contact. For more detail please visit Wi-Fi rental information .
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: The Shanghai World Financial Center, The Bund, Yuyuan Market, Shanghai Museum(Audio Guide included)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Home's Restaurant, Chinese Dinner at Shanghai Oriental Pearl Revolving Restaurant
- The Shanghai World Financial Center (40 minutes): Shanghai World Financial Center is located in Pudong District, reaching a height of 492 meters (1,615 feet). It is now a new landmark of prosperous Shanghai. It was the second tallest building in the world when it was completed in 2007. Its observation deck, at 474 meters (1,555 feet) above the ground, is currently the tallest in the world. The multi-function skyscraper consists of hotels, apartments, restaurants, shopping malls, offices and observation decks.
- The Bund (40 minutes): This 1.5-kilometer-long embankment runs along the western bank of Huangpu River. On its west side it is the "architecture gallery" with 52 well-preserved old European style buildings. Once the major trading and commercial center of old Shanghai, the Bund has now taken on new vitality, with futuristic developments, chic restaurants, top end shops and bars offer plenty to see and do-and by night it's magic!
- Yuyuan Market (30 minutes): Located next to the Yuyuan Garden and also known today as the City God Temple, it was built in the fifteenth century during the Ming Dynasty. The City God Temple is a Taoist temple which is composed of many halls such as the Grand Hall, Middle Hall, Bedroom Palace, Star Gods Hall and etc. The City God Temple has a great influence on the residents of Shanghai. The religious festivals of the temple are considered to be festivals for all Shanghai people.
- Shanghai Museum((Audio Guide included)) (1.5 hours): The biggest, and many think the best museum in China. The galleries in this outstanding building display stunning collections of bronzes, sculptures, ceramics and porcelain, paintings, calligraphy, seals, jade, coins, furniture, ethnic artefacts from minority groups, temporary travelling exhibitions from places like the Guggenheim, and so much more ... give yourself time to enjoy it.
- Home's Restaurant: Home's Restaurant is located near the Nanjing Road. It specializes in Shanghai cuisine using the best local ingredients. Smoked fish and red jujube with sticky rice are well known in Shanghai. The restaurant enjoys a great reputation with diners from many parts of China and abroad.
- Shanghai Oriental Pearl Revolving Restaurant: Located on top of the Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Oriental Pearl Revolving Restaurant is the highest one in Asia. The buffet features hundreds of Chinese and western dishes while the restaurant revolves once every two hours.
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Yichang to Yangtze, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Shikumen, Hotel to airport Transfer (Shanghai), Airport Transfer (Yichang), Cruise pier Transfer (Yichang), Board the ship from 5:00pm to 10:00pm and departs Yichang at night--00:00am.(Dinner is not included)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xi's Garden
- Shikumen (40 minutes): Shikumen: also called "stone gate", is a style of housing, where 80% of Shanghainese was born and grow up before 1990s. Now with the economy developing, Shikumen has changed a lot, turns into a gathering place with bars, tea houses and entertainment centers. However, you still could take a glance at Wu Li Xiang, which is a small exhibition of the old Shanghainese’ home furnishings.
- Xi's Garden : Xi's Garden has a great garden-side location in the French Concession with a beautiful open platform and provides typical Shanghai style dishes.
Place & Transport: Yangtze
Today's Activities: Passes though the 1st Gorge----Xiling Gorge
Shore excursion to Three Gorges Dam Site.
Passes though the 5-steps ship locks.
Captain's Welcome Banquet.
Meals: Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
--Three Gorges Dam, the largest water conservancy project ever undertaken by man and it has been a dream for several generations of Chinese people. The construction of the dam formally began in 1994. The body of the dam has been completed in 2003, and the whole construction will be competed in 2009. It will be 2,335 meters long, 185 meters high, 18 meters wide on the top and 130 meters wide at the bottom.The tourists can get access to the top of the dam and enjoy different kinds of photo opportunities.
Place & Transport: Yangtze
Today's Activities: Shore excursion to Shennong Stream(8:00-12:30).You have the option of visiting White Emperor City(RMB280 per person).
Passes though the 2nd gorge--Wu gorge.
Passes though the 3rd gorge--Qutang.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
--Shennong Stream is another tributary of the Yangtze River, and its fast-flowing, crystal clear water runs southwards through deep gorges. The stream races past large and small karst caves, flocks of swallows, sheer cliffs, deep gorges, waterfalls, three-colored springs, rapids, the ancient plank path, a suspended coffin in the cliff, groups of ancient tombs and marvelous karst formations.
Place & Transport: Yangtze
Today's Activities: Shore excurison to Fengdu Ghost City(8:30am-10:30am).
Captain’s Farewell Banquet.
Talent Show Party in Ballroom.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
--Fengdu is where the devil lives, according to Chinese legend. They say that spirits go to heaven, and evil goes to Fengdu. The town is overlooked by Ming Shan Hill, home of Tianzi, the King of the Dead. The whole place has an eerie feel to it with deserted streets, tower blocks, empty shops and banks. The only people here are those who make a living from visiting cruise boats.
1.There are about 100 steps from the river to the town.
2.A cable car is available ride to the top of the hill. The cable car is not included in the tour cost. The cost is RMB20/ per person round trip.
Place & Transport: Yangtze to Chongqing to Lijiang, Xiamen Airlines MF8413 Dep 14:50 - Arr 16:15
Today's Activities: Cruise pier Transfer (Chongqing), Panda Room in Chongqing Zoo, Ciqikou Old Town, Airport Transfer (Chongqing), Airport Transfer (Lijiang), Arrives in Chongqing at 9:00am.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Cai Xiang Yuan Restaurant (Yangjiaping Branch)
- Panda Room in Chongqing Zoo (2 hours): Located in the western suburbs of the city, Chongqing Zoo occupies an area of 45 hectares. There are some rare animals including Golden hair monkeys and South China Tigers. In Panda Room, visitors can see the giant and lesser pandas and their offspring.In the mornings, many local people practice Tai chi at the zoo. Join them if you wish.
- Ciqikou Old Town (1.5 hours): This lively old area has been partly restored, and remains an authentic and busy community. The old wooden houses and narrow streets furthest from the river are mostly unimproved, closer to the river there are craft and souvenir shops, teahouses and music, and lots of local food and snacks. The locals certainly love their food – this is a good chance to try some.
- Cai Xiang Yuan Restaurant (Yangjiaping Branch): Located close to the Chongqing Zoo, Cai Xiang Yuan Restaurant serves with dishes are cooked with local flavors and ingredients. Cantonese dishes are also available.
Place & Transport: Lijiang (Watch the Video )
Today's Activities: Baisha Murals at Baisha Village, Lijiang Ancient Town, The Jade Dragon Mountain (with Large Cable Car from Ganhaizi)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Naxi family cafe
- Baisha Murals at Baisha Village (30 minutes): Painted over a thousand years ago, the murals combine the cultures of Han, Tibetan and Naxi people displaying the life stories of the Tibet Buddhism, Confucian and Taoism.
- Lijiang Ancient Town (2 hours): It is situated in the middle area of the county, which is more than 2400 meters high above sea level. It enjoys beautiful scenes, an indeed famous city with long history and splendid culture, it is very rare in China that such well-preserved minority ancient city still exists. The old town is quite busy in the afternoon and evening with an active atmosphere of the lights and crowd. An early morning visit will be less crowded.
- The Jade Dragon Mountain (with Large Cable Car from Ganhaizi) (3.5 hours): Noted as the highest tourist cable in China, the Large Cable way goes up to Shanzidou (Shanzi Peak) the main peak of the snow mountain, with the an entire length of 2,914m, a top altitude of 4,506 km, and a perpendicular ascent of 1,150m. The cable car will take you into the clouds, where you will be far away from the worldly hurly-burly, and find yourself in a real paradise. Many visit Ganhanzi, Baishuihe (White Water River), and Glacier Park from this cableway.
- Naxi family cafe: Located in the old city of Lijiang, and typical Naxi traditional style building it serves home made Naxi Cuisine.
Place & Transport: Lijiang (Watch the Video )
Today's Activities: Shuhe ancient town
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Buon Appetito Restaurant
- Shuhe ancient town (1.5 hours): Also known as Longquan Village, it is home to one of the ethnic groups, and is just like a village forgotten by time. Featuring a nice temple complex, this village is extremely peaceful. It is a well preserved important town on the ancient tea and horse route.
- Buon Appetito Restaurant: Buon Appetito is a traditional two floor folk house which is located beside Yuhe square (the square is in the entrance to the old town) and easily accessible. Its main feature is the Italian food, but it also offers Chinese food.
Place & Transport: Depart Lijiang, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Lijiang)
Excellent Local Guides
We selected the most experienced tour guides in each city. They are all very professional and flexible during the tour with oustanding knowledge of all the sites and history.
Our Luxury Car for Families
We use the modern air-conditioned luxury cars for families or 2-3 persons. The comfort and safety of our customers is of utmost importance, so we ensure that all of the vehicles that we use are well-maintained and always very clean.
Comfortable People Carrier for Small Groups
We use only air-conditioned small buses for small groups of 4-7 persons. Our drivers are very nice and careful with over 5-year drive experience.
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Shanghai, Yichang, Yangtze, Chongqing, Lijiang by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Yangtze River Cruises:
The price quoted for a Yangtze River Cruise includes all meals onboard, and all land excursions including the smaller cruise fee to Lesser Three Gorges or Shennong Stream. (Optional land excursions are available for a few ships which will be specially noted.) The price does not include any incidental charges, including room service, mini bar, laundry, and drinks and bar charges, tipping, etc.
The Pre-boarding Fee includes overnight accommodations on the ship the night before departure and breakfast in the morning.
Shanghai To Yichang Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
CHONGQING To LIJIANG Transfer via: Flight, MF8413 (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports/cruise piers and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement:
Important note for those who choose to pay a single room supplement fee: The fee only covers hotel single room supplements; it does NOT include use of a single cabin on the Yangtze River Cruise. Standard Yangtze River Cruise prices per person are based on 2 people sharing 1 cabin unless otherwise specified. If you would like to request a single cabin on the Yangtze River ship, please contact us to check cost and availability.