Tour Itinerary of Amazing Minorities and Majestic Scenery Tour
10-Day Kunming, Lijiang, Guiyang, KaiLi and Xijiang Tour (CHT-MN-02)
These simple people live in some of the most beautiful places on earth. Peek into their world as we take you to some of China's most remote places.
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Kunming, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Kunming), A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group)
- A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group):
A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group) includes free rental for the cell phone and SIM card (Includes prepaid value of CNY 50), delivery and collection in China. Return the phone to your guide when you depart. For more about the cell phone rental service, please click cell phone rental information.
China Highlights can also provide a Wi-Fi package so that you can stay connected in China anytime and anywhere without relying on hotel for other hotspots. Our 3G service provides speeds of up to 21Mbps on your smart phone, pad or laptop, so you can stay in contact. For more detail please visit Wi-Fi rental information.
Place & Transport: Kunming
Today's Activities: The Stone Forest
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Chinese Restaurant of Stone Forest Ashima Hotel
- The Stone Forest (2 hours): A fantastic natural phenomena located 90 km southeast of Kunming. The various shapes of karst landscape was formed due to millions of years' movement of Earth. The Stone Forest area is the home of the Sani people, their folk customs has become one spectacular scene, the colorful embroidery and minority dances combine with the natural sceneries, which will surely leave you a deep impression.
- Chinese Restaurant of Stone Forest Ashima Hotel : Situated by the entrance to Stone Forest landscaped area, the restaurant is famous for its roast duck.
Place & Transport: Kunming to Lijiang (Watch the Video ), Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Yuantong Temple, The Grand View Tower, Green Lake Park, Hotel to airport Transfer (Kunming), Airport Transfer (Lijiang)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Yikeyin Old House Restauratn
- Yuantong Temple (1 hour): With a history of over 1,200 years, it is the largest temple in Kunming. In 1956, the grand ceremony of greeting and consecrating the Buddha's tooth was held in it. It was in the list among the key Buddhist temples in China issued by the State Council.
- The Grand View Tower (30 minutes): It is located at the terminus of Daguan Road and is 6 km from the city center, near Dianchi Lake and facing Taihua Mountain which is on the other side of Dianchi Lake. Completed in 1690 during the Qing Dynasty, the park consists of hills, ponds, pavilions and rockeries in a style similar to that of the gardens of the Yangtze River Delta.
- Green Lake Park (1 hour): Located just opposite Yunnan University, it is one of the most picturesque parks in downtown Kunming. There are nine spring outlets at north of the lake, so it was also named "Nine Dragon Pond" in ancient times. Here you may take a leisure walk or enjoy the performance (playing Taiji, Mahjong and local operal) by local people. In November and December every winter, huge flocks of red-beaked gulls migrate there from Siberia, constructing a nice scene.
- Yikeyin Old House Restauratn: Located at the exit of Bird and Flower Market, Yikeyin Old House Restaurant serves the traditional Yunnan Cuisine. The main building of the restaurant was built in 1852. It is a very typical example of the "Yikeyin" courtyard.
Place & Transport: Lijiang (Watch the Video )
Today's Activities: Baisha Murals at Baisha Village, The Jade Dragon Snow Mountain(Yak Meadow)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Baisha Shiguang Restaurant
- Baisha Murals at Baisha Village (30 minutes): Painted over a thousand years ago, the murals combine the cultures of Han, Tibetan and Naxi people displaying the life stories of the Tibet Buddhism, Confucian and Taoism.
- The Jade Dragon Snow Mountain(Yak Meadow) (3 hours): The cable way from the Yak Meadow has a top altitude of 3,800m. Attractions dot the area: Yak Snow Plain, Yak Snow Valley, Black Water Valley, Snow Flake Lake, Yak Stream, and Jinxiu Meadow. It is the best place to spot the 13 peaks of Jade Snow Mountain. Yi and Tibetan people live here, and they welcome visitors.
- Baisha Shiguang Restaurant: The restaurant is located in Baisha Village and provides mainly Naxi cuisine along with some Chinese dishes.
Place & Transport: Lijiang (Watch the Video )
Today's Activities: Shuhe ancient town
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at No.8 Lv Xue Zhai Restaurant
- Shuhe ancient town (1.5 hours): Also known as Longquan Village, it is home to one of the ethnic groups, and is just like a village forgotten by time. Featuring a nice temple complex, this village is extremely peaceful. It is a well preserved important town on the ancient tea and horse route.
- No.8 Lv Xue Zhai Restaurant: The restaurant is decorated in courtyard style of Naxi region and mainly provides Naxi cuisine as well some Chinese dishes.
Place & Transport: Lijiang to Kunming to Guiyang, Flight No. TBA, connect China Southern Airlines CZ3666 Dep 20:40 - Arr 21:30
Today's Activities: Lijiang Ancient Town, Hotel to airport Transfer (Lijiang), Airport Transfer (Kunming), Airport Transfer (Kunming), Airport Transfer (Guiyang)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Buon Appetito Restaurant
- Lijiang Ancient Town (2 hours): It is situated in the middle area of the county, which is more than 2400 meters high above sea level. It enjoys beautiful scenes, an indeed famous city with long history and splendid culture, it is very rare in China that such well-preserved minority ancient city still exists. The old town is quite busy in the afternoon and evening with an active atmosphere of the lights and crowd. An early morning visit will be less crowded.
- Buon Appetito Restaurant: Buon Appetito is a traditional two floor folk house which is located beside Yuhe square (the square is in the entrance to the old town) and easily accessible. Its main feature is the Italian food, but it also offers Chinese food.
Accommodations: Trade Point Hotel (Deluxe) Shaoxing Hotel - Guiyang
Place & Transport: Guiyang (Watch the Video )
Today's Activities: Cultural Village in Tianlong, Huangguoshu Waterfall and Tianxing Qiao Scenic Area, Batik Museum
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Local Restaurant
- Cultural Village in Tianlong (1.5 hours): Have a chance to see their traditional opera-Dixi(Ground Opera), which they perform at festivals and celebrations, renowned as "the living fossil of the ancient shows". The performers will put wooden on their forehead and ensure their voice could be heard by the audience.
- Huangguoshu Waterfall and Tianxing Qiao Scenic Area (3 hours): Located 43 km southwest of Anshun City in Guizhou Province, Huangguoshu Waterfalls are one of the largest waterfall groups in China. They have been found out that the falls in this area consist of 18 falls on the ground and 4 underground falls. Tianxing Qiao Scenic Area features the perfect combination of stones, trees and water, the Tianxing Bridge Scenic Zone is a natural miniascape evolving from the growing stone forests in water(Aquatic stone forest).
- Local Restaurant: The limited restaurant options mean that there is no choice available however our guide will organize the best available based on the season and the surroundings.
- Batik Museum : The Batik Museum is near the Huangguoshu Waterfall in Anshun. You can see the process of making batik.
Accommodations: Trade Point Hotel (Deluxe) Shaoxing Hotel - Guiyang
Place & Transport: Guiyang to KaiLi
Today's Activities: Shiqiao Miao village, Our guide and driver will escort you from Guiyang to KaiLi, Kaili Ethnic Minorities Museum, Qingman Miao Village
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
- Shiqiao Miao village (1 hour): Visit Shiqiao Miao village to see its traditional way of making paper from the bark of mulberry tree. This method of making paper has a history of more than one thousand years, local people still keep it and extend to make color paper using different plants.
- Kaili Ethnic Minorities Museum (1 hour): In the museum there has a quite detailed introduction to human culture, geography, and the national minorities' customs of the southeastern areas of Guizhou Province. Some writings, pictures, and material objects are displayed there. Minority Customs hall and Dragon Boat hall are the main exhibits which are worth watching. You can have an overview of Guizhou's minority groups.
- Qingman Miao Village (1 hour): You will be greeted into the village by drinking the block-way wine. Family visit will be arranged to see their wooden stilt house. You will have a chance to see their traditional way of dying fabric by using indigo.
- Sour soup fish restaurant: This is a local Miao food restaurant built in typical wooden stilt house style. The guests are with a traditional Miao welcome ceremony. They serve sour fish soup in a hotpot which will be a unique experience for most visitors. Sour soup fish is the most typical dish for Miao people.
Place & Transport: KaiLi to Xijiang to KaiLi
Today's Activities: Jidao Miao Village, Embroidery Museum , Our guide and driver will escort you from KaiLi to Xijiang, Xijiang Miao Village, Our guide and driver will escort you from Xijiang to KaiLi
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Dinner, Chinese Lunch
- Jidao Miao Village (1 hour): Located in China's poor southwestern province of Guizhou, Jidao long-skirt Miao village is set in idyllic surroundings and populated by ethnic Miao people. Village life is simple and children play as their parents tend fields of lush, organically grown vegetables surrounded by towering pine forests. Elderly women stoke fires in traditional wooden houses, some hundreds of years old. You will be greeted by its friendly villagers and drink the block way wine before entering the village.You will have a chance to see their traditional way of spinning and weaving.
- Embroidery Museum : Embroidery Museum is near Jidao and Langde Miao people's village. It has displays of the ethnic costumes from the people of Guizhou. They also show they methods of making the different embroideries.
- Xijiang Miao Village (2 hours): Xijiang Miao village was built on the mountain slope and noted as the largest Miao village in China with more than 1000 family households. You will have a chance to see their folk performance.
Place & Transport: KaiLi to Guiyang (Watch the Video ) to Departure City, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from KaiLi to Guiyang, Airport Transfer (Guiyang)
Excellent Local Guides
We selected the most experienced tour guides in each city. They are all very professional and flexible during the tour with oustanding knowledge of all the sites and history.
Our Luxury Car for Families
We use the modern air-conditioned luxury cars for families or 2-3 persons. The comfort and safety of our customers is of utmost importance, so we ensure that all of the vehicles that we use are well-maintained and always very clean.
Comfortable People Carrier for Small Groups
We use only air-conditioned small buses for small groups of 4-7 persons. Our drivers are very nice and careful with over 5-year drive experience.
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Phone Rental Package:
Rental cost for the cell phone and SIM card for use in mainland China, and at least 30 mins of FREE international calls.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Kunming, Lijiang, Guiyang, KaiLi, Xijiang by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Kunming To Lijiang Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Lijiang To Kunming Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Kunming To Guiyang Transfer via: Flight, CA1752 (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax for Domestic Flights
Airport Tax and Fuel Fee for Flights if applicable
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.