Tour Itinerary of Henan Highlights Tour
6-Day Zhengzhou, Anyang, Kaifeng, Dengfeng and Luoyang Tour (CHT-OB-03)
Discover the origin of Shaolin kungfu and explore Song Dynasty Culture in Henan's Typical Cities including Zhengzhou, Dengfeng, Luoyang and Kaifeng.
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Zhengzhou, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Zhengzhou)
Accommodations: Weilai conifer Hotel
Place & Transport: Zhengzhou to Anyang to Zhengzhou
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Zhengzhou to Anyang, Youli Town - the Birthplace of lching, Museum of Chinese Characters, Our guide and driver will escort you from Anyang to Zhengzhou
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Anyang Hotel
- Museum of Chinese Characters: Officially opened on November 16, 2009, the Museum of Chinese Characters is the first of its kind to be established in China. The collection of Chinese art and artifacts currently housed in this new museum contains more than 5,000 objects and spans a period of about 4,000 years. It is the best place to learn the history and the development of the Chinese characters.
- Anyang Hotel: Anyang hotel restaurant has a very good reputation and provides Henan style food.
Accommodations: Weilai conifer Hotel
Place & Transport: Zhengzhou to Kaifeng to Zhengzhou
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Zhengzhou to Kaifeng, Dragon Pavilion, Grand Xiangguo Monastery, Millennium City Park, Kaifeng Jewish Quarters, Our guide and driver will escort you from Kaifeng to Zhengzhou
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Jinyuan Hotel
- Dragon Pavilion (1 hour): Dragon Pavilion houses a tablet "Huang Di Wan Sui" (Long Live the Emperor), thus getting the name Dragon Pavilion. A park centered on this pavilion called Longting (Dragon Pavilion) Park now has become the biggest scenic spot in Kaifeng and attracted many tourists from home and overseas. It is said that tourists who visit Kaifeng can not miss Longting (Dragon Pavilion) Park.
- Grand Xiangguo Monastery (40 minutes): Daxianggguo Temple is a famous Buddhist temple in China. For hundreds of years there have been so many related legends, dramas, and fictions that Daxiangguo Temple has become well-known both at home and abroad. The stories of Xiang Couple, Mother Buddha, and Lu Zhishen pulling out a tree add to its legendary color.
- Millennium City Park (2 hours): Located on western shore of Longting Lake in Kaifeng, it is a large historical cultural theme park with an area of almost 400,000 Sqm. It was founded as a tribute to the painting The MILLENNIUM CITY PARK painted by Zhang Zeduan, a famous artist from the Northern Song Dynasty (960AD-1127AD) and opened to the public in October 28th 1998. The Theme park illustrates the social life and architecture of the people of Northern Song Dynasty. The park also contains a museum to the history of people of Jewish descent that lived in Kaifeng.
- Kaifeng Jewish Quarters (2 hours): Jews came to Kaifeng around 9AD, and were widely accepted by the authorities and the local people. By 11AD, there were around 5000 Jews living in Kaifeng - one of the biggest political and commercial centers of the time. Some were promoted to be the ruling classes and made a great contribution to the social and economic development. A synagogue was built in 1163 however it was destroyed by flood in 1642. The last rabbi died in 1905. Due to isolation, the Jewish population in Kaifeng lost the contact with outside and many intermarried with those of other beliefs. Judaism lost influence and is no longer inexistence in Kaifeng. Around 200 descendants of those Jewish people still live in Kaifeng, and attract many Jews from the world to visit.
- Jinyuan Hotel : There are Chinese and Western restaurants in the hotel. The Chinese restaurant serves Cantonese and local cuisines.
Accommodations: Weilai conifer Hotel
Place & Transport: Zhengzhou to Dengfeng
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Zhengzhou to Dengfeng, Shaolin Temple and Pagoda Forest (including Shaolin Kungfu Show), Jades store
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Shaolin Temple and Pagoda Forest (including Shaolin Kungfu Show) (3 hours): This temple is shrouded in legend and mystery. The origin of martial arts and kung fu is part of the mystique of Shaolin Temple and the Shaolin monks. This is probably the most famous temple in China, not only because of its long history and its role in Chinese Buddhism, but also because of its martial arts or Wushu. There is a theatre here which presents the famous Kungfu Show at 0930, 1030, 1130, 1400, 1500, and1600. It's best to get there early, as it is only a small theatre with about 200 seats.
- Jades store : The store showcases chinese jade products.It has become a popular spot for foreign tourists looking for authentic, quality products.
Address: The BeiHuan Road , dengfeng
- Yongtaisi shaolin Vegetarian : Located close to the Shaoling Temple, the Yongtai Nunnery serves Vegetarian food.
Accommodations: Chanwu Hotel (Economy)
Place & Transport: Dengfeng to Luoyang
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Dengfeng to Luoyang, Longmen Grottoes, White Horse Temple, The Museum of Imperial Carriages of the Emperor of Zhou Dynasty, Luoyang Old Town District
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Luoyang Wangfuyu Gargen
- Longmen Grottoes (2.5 hours): 13 kilometers to the west of Luoyang, Longmen Grottoes is one of the four largest grottoes in China. Live cultural relics lie amid green mountains and serpentine rivers. As early as 1961, Longmen Grottoes had been authorized by the central government of PRC as a key national cultural relic protection unit. It was authorized in 1982 by central government as one of the 44 National Parks of China. In 2000, it was enlisted into the List of World Heritage.
- White Horse Temple (30 minutes): Backed by Mangshan Mountain and facing the Luohe River, White Horse Temple lies about 20 kilometers to the east of Luoyang city, Henan province. Since White Horse Temple, Buddhism monasteries in China traditionally began to be called as 'temple'. White Horse Temple as a result was ever since regarded as the cradle land of Buddhism in China. In history, highly accomplished Buddhist monks from China, even world renowned Buddhist monks from abroad used to pay visits to White Horse Temple in pursuit of Buddhism inspirations and wisdom; it was thereby also called the 'Home of Sakyamuni' or the 'Court for Ancestors'.
- The Museum of Imperial Carriages of the Emperor of Zhou Dynasty (50 minutes): It is at the Wangchen square of Luoyan City, northeast of the relic zone of East Zhou Dynasty.A sight spot that is the place where many imperial carriages and horses were buried during the East Zhou period.
- Luoyang Old Town District (1.5 hours): The Luoyang Old Town District measures a few square miles as the main center, but it probably extends out over twenty square miles. It is the best place to find remaining ancient architecture. The area also features a museum for folk art that contains local art such as paper cuttings art, local clothing, and other local artwork. Some of the streets are shopping streets that sell a certain kind of good or article. Others are residential streets with small shops and old apartments lining both sides.
- Luoyang Wangfuyu Gargen: Located in the downtown area, Luoyang Wangfuyu Gargen is decorated in Chinese style. It serves Yu and Sichuan cuisines.
Accommodations: New friendship Hotel
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$999||$919||$869||$85/ $250/ $193|
|6-9 Persons||$709||$639||$599||$85/ $250/ $193|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$999||$949||$879||$85/ $272/ $201|
|6-9 Persons||$709||$669||$599||$85/ $272/ $201|
Excellent Local Guides
We selected the most experienced tour guides in each city. They are all very professional and flexible during the tour with oustanding knowledge of all the sites and history.
Our Luxury Car for Families
We use the modern air-conditioned luxury cars for families or 2-3 persons. The comfort and safety of our customers is of utmost importance, so we ensure that all of the vehicles that we use are well-maintained and always very clean.
Comfortable People Carrier for Small Groups
We use only air-conditioned small buses for small groups of 4-7 persons. Our drivers are very nice and careful with over 5-year drive experience.
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Zhengzhou, Anyang, Kaifeng, Dengfeng, Luoyang by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
The highlight for me was the Longman Caves. That was on my list of must-see sights for China. When we were finished, I asked to take the little boat back and Mary arranged for this.When we went to the Read more
Lois Jun. 15, 2011
We are the FIRST as well as the LARGEST online tour operator to meet the strict standards to be allowed to offer Paypal payment services to our foreign customers in China. This makes booking our tours even faster and more secure.