Tour Itinerary of Fairyland Tour
7-Day Chengdu, Emeishan and Jiuzhaigou Tour (CHT-SC-01)
Taste a world of difference as you travel China's southwest corridor. In 7 short days, you will be amazed by the charms of the mystical Emei Mountain, Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and the China's mascot – the Panda.
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Chengdu, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Chengdu), A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group)
- A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group):
A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group) includes free rental for the cell phone and SIM card (Includes prepaid value of CNY 50), delivery and collection in China. Return the phone to your guide when you depart. For more about the cell phone rental service, please click cell phone rental information.China Highlights also provides a Wi-Fi package so that you can connect to the internet in China anytime and anywhere. Our 3G service provides speeds of up to 21Mbps on your smart phone, pad or laptop, so you can stay in contact. For more detail please visit Wi-Fi rental information .
Accommodations: Minshan Lhasa Grand Hotel (Economy)
Place & Transport: Chengdu
Today's Activities: Du Fu Thatched Cottage, Panda Breeding and Research Center, Wu Hou Temple
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Sanguyuan Restaurant
- Du Fu Thatched Cottage (1.5 hours): A museum and memorial for Du Fu (712-770 AD), often called China's greatest poet, surrounded by a large and beautiful garden. Du Fu spent five years in Chengdu, the peak of his creativity, living in a thatched hut on this site.
- Panda Breeding and Research Center (2.5 hours): Located 6 miles north of Chengdu City, it is home to giant pandas, red (or lesser) pandas, and other endangered species. Visit the nursery to see the highly successful breeding program, among the bamboo groves and shady walkways, and to view the pandas at rest or play. There is a panda museum where you can learn some information about giant pandas.
Note: The Panda Breeding and Research Center has a donation program which allows you take pictures with holding a panda one minute by donating RMB 2,000 Yuan (for reference only). Only 40 tourists are allowed to hold pandas a day. If you want to hold a panda, you must book it one day in advance.This program is subject to the availability of pandas on that day. Please bring enough RMB cash as payment by credit card is not accepted there.
- Wu Hou Temple (1.5 hours): The Marquis of Wu, Zhuge Liang (181-234) was the outstanding military strategist immortalized in "The Romance of the Three Kingdoms" and in the saying wise as "the Marquis of Wu". Peaceful and attractive gardens surround several halls, including one dedicated to his memory and another to that of his emperor Liu Bei, some impressive statues, a small museum, a famous Tang Dynasty stele and the classic red wall leading to Liu Bei's tomb. A delightful complex.
- Sanguyuan Restaurant : It's the place where you can enjoy not only the wonderful dishes but the culture of Three Kingdoms. Each dish has a name related with Three Kingdoms.
Accommodations: Minshan Lhasa Grand Hotel (Economy)
Place & Transport: Chengdu to Emeishan
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Chengdu to Emeishan, Leshan Giant Buddha, Cruise to have a overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha, Baoguo monastery
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Leshan Local Restaurant
- Leshan Giant Buddha (2 hours): The Great Buddha in Leshan is located to the east of Leshan City, Sichuan Province and on the Lingyun Mountain where Min River, Qingyi River and Dadu River meet. It has been the largest stone carved sitting Buddhist statue in the world so far.
- Cruise to have a overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha (40 minutes): The Great Buddha in Leshan is located to the east of Leshan City, Sichuan Province and on the Lingyun Mountain where Min River, Qingyi River and Dadu River meet. It has been the largest stone carved sitting Buddhist statue in the world so far.You can sit on board to have an overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha.
- Baoguo monastery (1 hour): This monastery was built in the 16th century, enlarged in the 17th century, and rebuilt in recent years. To the left of the gate is a rockery for potted miniature trees and rare plants.
- Leshan Local Restaurant: The limited restaurant options mean that there is no choice available however our guide will organize the best available based on the season and the surroundings.
Accommodations: Hong Zhushan Hotel (Economy)
Place & Transport: Emeishan to Chengdu
Today's Activities: Monastery of Ten Thousand Years, Emei Mountain, Our guide and driver will escort you from Emeishan to Chengdu, Cable Car leading to Monastery of Ten Thousand Years
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Local Restaurant
- Monastery of Ten Thousand Years (1 hour): 1,043 meters above sea level, was built in the 4th century. It was burned several times in the following centuries. The present brick building was reconstructed in the Ming dynasty (1368-1644). The Brick Hall, a domed building with small stupas on it, was built of bricks. In the hall is a statue of the Bodhisattva. Puxian on a white elephant, 8.5 meters high, cast in copper and bronze. It weight is estimated 62 tons. And this statu was here in 980AD.
- Emei Mountain (50 minutes): One of the most famous mountains for Buddhism in China. It has many temples and beautiful scenery.Baoguo Temple lies right at the foot of Mt. Emei.
- Local Restaurant: The limited restaurant options mean that there is no choice available however our guide will organize the best available based on the season and the surroundings.
- Cable Car leading to Monastery of Ten Thousand Years (20 minutes): The Wannian Monastery is the largest of the eight monasteries to be found on Mount Emei. It is dedicated to Bodhisattva Puxian who famous for his preaching.
Accommodations: Minshan Lhasa Grand Hotel (Economy)
Place & Transport: Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Chengdu), Airport Transfer (Jiuzhaigou), Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area, Huanglong Chair Lift(Up), Huanglong Chair Lift(Down)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area (4.5 hours): Huanglong is located on the easternmost of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. It belongs to Songpan county, Aba Tibetan and Qiang autonomous prefecture, Sichuan province. It is 300 kilometers far away from Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province. And Jiuzhaigou Valley is as its neighbor. It is close to the boundary of Sichuan, Gansu, and Shanxi province.
The whole interest area looks like a golden dragon by overlooking. That is the reason why the place calls Huanglong, which means a golden dragon in Chinese. Huanglong is over 300 kilometers far away from Chengdu. The main area is consisted of Huanglong Valley, Danyun Valley, Red-star Cave, Xuebaoding, Mouni Valley, and Songpan Ancient City, etc. The total area occupies 1340 square kilometers. It is famous for “the colorful ponds, the beaches, the snow-capped peaks, the valleys, the ancient temple, and the folk customs”. Therefore, Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area is accredited as “the paradise in the earth”.
Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area is located at the foot of Xuebaoding Hill, the major peak of Minshan Mountain, Songpan county. The interest area is a valley with 7000 meters in length, and 300 meters in width. Over 3400 natural ponds scatter there. Some ponds are big with area of over one Mu, while some are as small as basins, or bowels, or even as small as cups. The walls of the ponds are golden, as if they were made of gold. The water in those ponds is colorful and clear.
On every July 12th to 15th, there is the grand Huanglong Temple Fair. Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area together with Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historical Interest Area are the two shining pearls in the West-Sichuan Plateau. In 1991, they were listed on the category of the world natural heritage by UNESCO.
- : Nuorilang Restaurant offers buffet lunch at general level , but it is the only restaurant in the park.
Accommodations: The Zhonglv Hotel (Economy)
Place & Transport: Jiuzhaigou
Today's Activities: Shuzheng Valley, Sight-Seeing Shuttle Bus, Rize Valley, Zechawa Valley, Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Sheraton
- Shuzheng Valley: Shuzheng Valley is reputed as the epitome of Jiuzhaigou. The Shuzheng Qun Hai (Shu Zheng Lakes) in this valley is the entrance to the beautiful and splendid Jiuzhaigou. With a total length of 13.8 kilometers, Shuzheng contains over 40 various lakes, occupied 40% of the total in Jiuzhaigou and stretching along Shuzheng Gully for 5 to 6 kilometers.The lakes reflect the shining sunshine, named respectively as: Luwei Hai (Reed Lake), Penjing Hai, Huohua Hai (Sparking Lake), Wolong Hai (Sleeping Dragon Lake), Shuzheng Waterfall, and Laohu Hai (Tiger Lake) etc. All provide visitors dream-like views.
- Sight-Seeing Shuttle Bus: The sight-seeing shuttle bus is provided by the park, with seating capacity of 28-47 seats. It is quite crowded during the travel season.
- Rize Valley: It is noted as the best part of all Jiuzhaigou tour routes for its multi-colored lakes, highest waterfalls, treasure beaches and virgin forests. The Nuorilang waterfall is the starting spot of Rize Valley with 18 separate lakes.Going along the 18km Rize valley, there comes the Mirror Lake, Pearl lake, Peacock lake, Five-flower lake, Panda lake, Panda waterfall, Bamboo Arrow lake and Virgin Forest. Each is uniquely designed by the magic hand of nature.
- Zechawa Valley: The 18km long Zechawa Valley stretches its way from Nuorilang to the Chang(long)lake. It is the route of the highest altitude of all your Jiuzhaigou tours, featuring seasonal lakes and snow-capped peaks. Here, Jiuzhaigou will show the visitors the small but most graceful lake, five color pond, noted for its bright and distinct colors.
- Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area (8 hours): Inscribed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1992, Jiuzhaigou Valley is an invaluable present sent from above. It is part of the Min Mountains on the edge of the Tibetan Plateau.
Stretching out over 72,000 hectares, its elevation ranges widely from 2,000 to 4,500 meters (6,600 – 14,800 ft). Multi-level waterfalls, colorful lakes and snow-capped peaks are its signatures. The entire Jiuzhaigou Valley is composed of three major parts: Rize Valley, Zechawa Valley and Shuzheng Valley, each of which are dotted with numerous natural attractions. Well-noted attractions include: the Primeval Forest, Swan Lake and Panda Lake in Rize Valley; Long Lake and Five-Color Pond in Zechawa Valley; as well as Nuorilang Falls, Sleeping Dragon Lake and Reed Lake in Shuzheng Valley.
Nine Tibetan villages snuggle cozily and peacefully inside the valley, thus the name Jiuzhaigou (Nine-Village Valley).
- Sheraton: The Sheraton provides a comfortable atmosphere and good service. Western and Asian are served in the buffet.
Accommodations: The Zhonglv Hotel (Economy)
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$2,759||$2,459||$2,439||$504/ $279/ $280|
|6-9 Persons||$2,139||$1,899||$1,819||$504/ $279/ $280|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$3,219||$2,579||$2,419||$886/ $304/ $200|
|6-9 Persons||$2,559||$1,939||$1,769||$886/ $304/ $200|
Excellent Local Guides
We selected the most experienced tour guides in each city. They are all very professional and flexible during the tour with oustanding knowledge of all the sites and history.
Our Luxury Car for Families
We use the modern air-conditioned luxury cars for families or 2-3 persons. The comfort and safety of our customers is of utmost importance, so we ensure that all of the vehicles that we use are well-maintained and always very clean.
Comfortable People Carrier for Small Groups
We use only air-conditioned small buses for small groups of 4-7 persons. Our drivers are very nice and careful with over 5-year drive experience.
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Phone Rental Package:
Rental cost for the cell phone and SIM card for use in mainland China, and at least 30 mins of FREE international calls.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Chengdu, Emeishan, Jiuzhaigou by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Chengdu To Jiuzhaigou Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
JIUZHAIGOU To CHENGDU Transfer via: Flight, CA4478 (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.