Imperial Luxury China Tour
8-Day Beijing, Xi'an and Shanghai Tour
- Centrally Located Hotels
- Authentic Chinese Food
- Private Cars and Drivers
- Private Guides
- Flights & Transfers in China
- Airport Taxes and Fuel Fees
- Entrance Fees
- Phone Rental / Wi-Fi Package
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Luggage Transfers
- Limited offer for this unique luxury tour: Save $600 p/p
($3099). Great value for money!
- The best 5 star hotels, special food experiences and VIP seating to spectacular shows
- Attention to customer needs, comfort and relaxation itinerary.
- Day 1 Arrive in Beijing
Our tour guide greets you in the arrival hall of the airport and transfers you to your hotel in an air-conditioned private vehicle.
Our guide will give you suggestions for your own dinner. The rest of the day is free for you to relax or explore the sights close to your hotel.Hotel: Peninsula Hotel Beijing
- Day 2 Beijing
Activities: Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Lunch, Hutong Tour, Kung Fu Show
Stroll around the ancient imperial palace. Hop on a rickshaw to explore the ancient alleyways in the Hutong. You can talk to the local people and get to know history of old Beijing. The spectacular Kung Fu show is a highlight to round off the day.
- Day 3 Beijing
Activities: Temple of Heaven, Lunch, the Mutianyu Great Wall, Peking Duck Banquet
See the thousands of people practicing Tai Chi at the temple of Heaven and joining in if you wish. Then head to less-crowded Mutianyu Great Wall. A Peking duck banquet is a special treat for the evening.
- Day 4 Beijing, Fly to Xi'an
Activities: Summer Palace, Lunch
Enjoy the landscaped gardens, halls, pavilions and cruise in the Summer Palace - the playground for emperors. Fly to Xi’an later and transfer to the hotel by our private guide and driver.Hotel: Hilton Hotel Xi'an
- Day 5 Xi'an
Activities: The Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Lunch, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Dumpling Banquet & Tang Dynasty Show
Visit the world famous Terracotta Warriors. Marching soldiers and horses are coming for you! Feast at the dumpling banquet in the evening while watching the Tang Dynasty Show.
- Day 6 Xi'an, Fly to Shanghai
Activities: Shaanxi History Museum, Lunch, Xian City Wall by Bicycle
Learn more about Xi’an history today by visiting the History Museum. Cycling on the city wall is a special experience today. Fly to Shanghai later and then on to you hotel.Hotel: Grand Hyatt Shanghai
- Day 7 Shanghai
Activities: Oriental Pearl TV Tower including lunch at the Revolving Restaurant, Yuyuan Garden, The Bund, Acrobatic Show
This amazing day is packed with the modern but also with old world charm not found anywhere else.
- Day 8 Depart Shanghai
Our guide will take you to the airport for your international flight. Our guide will help you to check in and leave you when you enter the Airport Security Check.
Traveling with China Highlights - Discovery your way.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please inquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts.
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Phone Rental Package:
Rental cost for the cell phone and SIM card for use in mainland China, and at least 30 mins of FREE international calls.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing, Xian, Shanghai by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Beijing To Xian Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Xian To Shanghai Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
- Q: Could you tell me the tour departure time?
- A: You choose your departure time as long as you confirm the booking before Nov.30, because this is a limited offer.
- Q: Do we need to pay any additional fee during this tour?
- A: No. There is absolutely no hidden cost.
- Q: I want to relax more, can I have a free day and customize the tour?
- A: Sure, we can add extra days or reduce days, when and where you like!
- Q: Can I keep up? How much walking is there and how strenuous?
- A: As this is a private tour you can adjust the moving pace to suit.
- Q: What is the most comfortable weather, when is it really hot or cold?
- A: The coldest time is January, Autumn reds are in Nov and July & August are hottest.
I loved visiting Lele's friend, a lady who is a widow and lives in a traditional home. She seems eager to be welcoming and friendly and we get the chance to see a traditional farm/village home. Read more
Sara Oct. 9, 2011
We have just returned from our tour to China and would like to thank you and China Hightlights for helping create a really great holiday. Overall the tour we booked through China Highlights was excellent. Read more
Paul March 21, 2012
- Business since 1959 and 13 years online
- Flexibility, you call the shots
- Absolutely no forced shopping
- 76% of our customers and their friends come back to us again