Tour Itinerary of Tour to Shanghai with Yangtze River Cruise and Chengdu
10-Day Shanghai, Yichang, Yangtze, Chongqing and Chengdu Tour (CHT-WT-04)
After shopping and sightseeing in the Shanghai, take a leisurely Yangtze River Cruise. Cute pandas are waiting for you in Chengdu together with the culture of Sichuan Opera while trying the local delicacies in the Old Teahouse. Experience all this al more with this amazing tour!
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Shanghai), A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group)
- A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group):
A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group) includes free rental for the cell phone and SIM card (Includes prepaid value of CNY 50), delivery and collection in China. Return the phone to your guide when you depart. For more about the cell phone rental service, please click cell phone rental information.China Highlights also provides a Wi-Fi package so that you can connect to the internet in China anytime and anywhere. Our 3G service provides speeds of up to 21Mbps on your smart phone, pad or laptop, so you can stay in contact. For more detail please visit Wi-Fi rental information .
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: The Shanghai World Financial Center, Yuyuan Garden, The Bund
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xi's Garden
- The Shanghai World Financial Center (40 minutes): Shanghai World Financial Center is located in Pudong District, reaching a height of 492 meters (1,615 feet). It is now a new landmark of prosperous Shanghai. It was the second tallest building in the world when it was completed in 2007. Its observation deck, at 474 meters (1,555 feet) above the ground, is currently the tallest in the world. The multi-function skyscraper consists of hotels, apartments, restaurants, shopping malls, offices and observation decks.
- Yuyuan Garden (1 hour): Yuyuan Garden is located in the center of Shanghai old quarters. It was a private garden built in 1559 during the Ming Dynasty, with typical Chinese classic architecture and style. The complex covers an area of 2 hectares, with rockeries, pavilions, ponds and corridors. Yuyuan Garden is surrounding by a busy market place, where visitors can find everything from popular local snacks, handicrafts, antiques and souvenirs to some famous time-honored restaurants.
- The Bund (40 minutes): This 1.5-kilometer-long embankment runs along the western bank of Huangpu River. On its west side it is the "architecture gallery" with 52 well-preserved old European style buildings. Once the major trading and commercial center of old Shanghai, the Bund has now taken on new vitality, with futuristic developments, chic restaurants, top end shops and bars offer plenty to see and do-and by night it's magic!
- Xi's Garden : Xi's Garden has a great garden-side location in the French Concession with a beautiful open platform and provides typical Shanghai style dishes.
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Yichang to Yangtze, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Shanghai), Airport Transfer (Yichang), Cruise pier Transfer (Yichang), Board the ship from 5:00pm to 10:00pm and departs Yichang at night--00:00am.(Dinner is not included)
Place & Transport: Yangtze
Today's Activities: Passes though the 1st Gorge----Xiling Gorge
Shore excursion to Three Gorges Dam Site.
Passes though the 5-steps ship locks.
Captain’s Welcoming Banquet.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
--Three Gorges Dam, the largest water conservancy project ever undertaken by man and it has been a dream for several generations of Chinese people. The construction of the dam formally began in 1994. The body of the dam was completed in 2003, and the whole construction has been completed in 2009. It will be 2,335 meters long, 185 meters high, 18 meters wide on the top and 130 meters wide at the bottom.The tourists can get access to the top of the dam and enjoy different kinds of photo opportunities.
Place & Transport: Yangtze
Today's Activities: Shore excursion to Shennong Stream(8:00-12:30).You have the option of visiting White Emperor City(RMB260 per person).
Passes though the 2nd gorge--Wu gorge.
Passes though the 3rd gorge--Qutang.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
--Shennong Stream is another tributary of the Yangtze River, and its fast-flowing, crystal clear water runs southwards through deep gorges. The stream races past large and small karst caves, flocks of swallows, sheer cliffs, deep gorges, waterfalls, three-colored springs, rapids, the ancient plank path, a suspended coffin in the cliff, groups of ancient tombs and marvelous karst formations.
Place & Transport: Yangtze
Today's Activities: Shore excurison to Fengdu Ghost City(8:30am-10:30am).
Captain’s Farewell Banquet.
Talent Show Party in Ballroom.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Dinner, Chinese Lunch
--Fengdu is where the devil lives, according to Chinese legend. They say that spirits go to heaven, and evil goes to Fengdu. The town is overlooked by Ming Shan Hill, home of Tianzi, the King of the Dead. The whole place has an eerie feel to it with deserted streets, tower blocks, empty shops and banks. The only people here are those who make a living from visiting cruise boats.
Place & Transport: Yangtze to Chongqing to Chengdu, Train No. D5107 (Chongqing North Railway Station - Chengdu East Railway Station) Dep 11:35 - Arr 13:39
Today's Activities: Cruise pier Transfer (Chongqing), Train station Transfer (Chongqing), Train station Transfer (Chengdu), Arrives in Chongqing at 9:00am.
Place & Transport: Chengdu
Today's Activities: , Half Day Tour to Panda Breeding Reserve, Wu Hou Temple, Jinli Old Street, Panda Breeding and Research Center
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Qin Shan Zhai Restaurant
--Half Day Tour to Panda Breeding Reserve: Your guide will pick you up at your hotel and transfer you to the Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Research Base which covers an area of 600 acres. The grounds of the Panda base have a lush natural environment with bamboo growing luxuriantly. It may be possible to take a photo with a panda. A substantial extra fee is applicable and is not always possible.
Be transferred to your hotel after the tour. Note: you may need to consult with your guide about the interaction programs before you visit the pandas, so that your guide can make a reservation. Lunch is not included.
Those seeking additional interaction with the panda may consider the Panda Keeper Program which requires booking in advance.
- Wu Hou Temple (1.5 hours): The Marquis of Wu, Zhuge Liang (181-234) was the outstanding military strategist immortalized in "The Romance of the Three Kingdoms" and in the saying wise as "the Marquis of Wu". Peaceful and attractive gardens surround several halls, including one dedicated to his memory and another to that of his emperor Liu Bei, some impressive statues, a small museum, a famous Tang Dynasty stele and the classic red wall leading to Liu Bei's tomb. A delightful complex.
- Jinli Old Street (1 hour): Once the commercial heart of the old kingdoms this ancient street has been fully restored in traditional Sichuan style. Picturesque, bustling, and cheerful, you can sample local arts and craft, traditional Chinese goods, food and delicacies, and even a Starbucks, local style.
- Panda Breeding and Research Center (2.5 hours): Located 6 miles north of Chengdu City, it is home to giant pandas, red (or lesser) pandas, and other endangered species. Visit the nursery to see the highly successful breeding program, among the bamboo groves and shady walkways, and to view the pandas at rest or play. There is a panda museum where you can learn some information about giant pandas.
Note: The Panda Breeding and Research Center has a donation program which allows you take pictures with holding a panda one minute by donating RMB 2,000 Yuan (for reference only). Only 40 tourists are allowed to hold pandas a day. If you want to hold a panda, you must book it one day in advance.This program is subject to the availability of pandas on that day. Please bring enough RMB cash as payment by credit card is not accepted there.
- Qin Shan Zhai Restaurant: It is famous for its restorative, which has two types with one is fried dish and the other is hotpot. The restaurant is decorated in ancient style with water and bridge. The soup is cooked in light taste and good for your health.
Place & Transport: Chengdu
Today's Activities: Shunxin Old Teahouse Snack & Sichuan Opera & Tea , Du Fu Thatched Cottage, Chengdu People's Park, Chunxi Street
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Morals Village
Shunxin Old Teahouse Snack & Sichuan Opera & Tea: After enjoy the snack,appreciate the classic operatic circle of the origin of a hundred years.
Wheneve performing Sichuan Opera in night: changing face , spit out fiery, hand shadow play , spit out fiery nighlights from operas
- Du Fu Thatched Cottage (1.5 hours): A museum and memorial for Du Fu (712-770 AD), often called China's greatest poet, surrounded by a large and beautiful garden. Du Fu spent five years in Chengdu, the peak of his creativity, living in a thatched hut on this site.
- Chengdu People's Park: The People's Park is a spiritual haven for the city's citizens amidst the bustle of downtown. The park contains refreshing bonsai gardens, artificial lakes, rockeries, historical monuments and traditional tea houses. Another highlight of the park is the annual chrysanthemum exhibition in autumn, whose colorful blossoms seem to set the park ablaze.
- Chunxi Street (2 hours): Bright, contemporary, and the centre of the biggest, busiest shopping area in town.A chance to enjoy the action browsing alongside the locals in modern China. Brand stores and boutiques, malls and department stores, supermarkets, cafes and restaurants make this a fun area to visit.
- Morals Village: This fabulously decorated restaurant which can hold up hundreds of people for dining is famous for its delicious hotpot. Another kind of specialty is its crisp baber tripe.
Place & Transport: Depart Chengdu, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Chengdu)
Excellent Local Guides
We selected the most experienced tour guides in each city. They are all very professional and flexible during the tour with oustanding knowledge of all the sites and history.
Our Luxury Car for Families
We use the modern air-conditioned luxury cars for families or 2-3 persons. The comfort and safety of our customers is of utmost importance, so we ensure that all of the vehicles that we use are well-maintained and always very clean.
Comfortable People Carrier for Small Groups
We use only air-conditioned small buses for small groups of 4-7 persons. Our drivers are very nice and careful with over 5-year drive experience.
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Shanghai, Yichang, Yangtze, Chongqing, Chengdu by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Yangtze River Cruises:
The price quoted for a Yangtze River Cruise includes all meals onboard, and all land excursions including the smaller cruise fee to Lesser Three Gorges or Shennong Stream. (Optional land excursions are available for a few ships which will be specially noted.) The price does not include any incidental charges, including room service, mini bar, laundry, and drinks and bar charges, tipping, etc.
The Pre-boarding Fee includes overnight accommodations on the ship the night before departure and breakfast in the morning.
Shanghai To Yichang Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Chongqing North Railway Station To Chengdu East Transfer via: Train, D5107 (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports/railway stations/cruise piers and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement:
Important note for those who choose to pay a single room supplement fee: The fee only covers hotel single room supplements; it does NOT include use of a single cabin on the Yangtze River Cruise. Standard Yangtze River Cruise prices per person are based on 2 people sharing 1 cabin unless otherwise specified. If you would like to request a single cabin on the Yangtze River ship, please contact us to check cost and availability.