Airport Transfer (Chengdu)
Half Day Tour to Panda Breeding Reserve: Your guide will pick you up at your hotel and transfer you to the Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Research Base which covers an area of 600 acres. The grounds of the Panda base have a lush natural environment with bamboo growing luxuriantly. It may be possible to take a photo with a panda. A substantial extra fee is applicable and is not always possible.
Be transferred to your hotel after the tour. Note: you may need to consult with your guide about the interaction programs before you visit the pandas, so that your guide can make a reservation. Lunch is not included.
Those seeking additional interaction with the panda may consider the Panda Keeper Program which requires booking in advance.
Half Day Tour to Sanxingdui Ruins: You will be picked up from your hotel by your guide who will accompany you on your one day tour. And then, transfer to Sanxingdui ruins, a ruined city with a history of over 3000 years. Thousands of pieces of invaluable relics such as bronze ware, jade ware, gold ware, pottery, and bone ware unearthed respectively. After the tour, our driver will take you back to Chengdu and return to your hotel.
Train No. D5104 (Chengdu Railway Station - Chongqing North Railway Station) Dep 09:00 - Arr 11:16
Hotel to Train station Transfer (Chengdu), Train station Transfer (Chongqing), Chongqing People's Congress Hall, Ciqikou Old Town, Three Gorges Museum, Cruise pier Transfer (Chongqing)
- Chongqing People's Congress Hall (1 hour): Located in the Xuewen Wan, Renmin Road, Chongqing People's Congress Hall is a giant traditional building with a large square. Early morning is the best time to visit it when you will be able to watch the local people doing their morning exercises like dancing, walking, practicing tai chi or playing games on the square.
- Ciqikou Old Town (1.5 hours): This lively old area has been partly restored, and remains an authentic and busy community. The old wooden houses and narrow streets furthest from the river are mostly unimproved, closer to the river there are craft and souvenir shops, teahouses and music, and lots of local food and snacks. The locals certainly love their food – this is a good chance to try some.
- Three Gorges Museum (2 hours): The best exhibits are those on the history of the Yangtze and, of course, the Dam. It also houses some excellent stone and terracotta sculptures, art and interesting artifacts, items from the war years, and temporary exhibitions. The museum faces the impressive People's Hall, built to resemble the Temple of Heaven, across a lively square, itself a hub of activity.
Welcoming Banquet, Dancing Party, Shore excursion to Shibaozhai(14;00-16;00).Optinal tour to Fengdu Ghost City(RMB260 per person).
-Shibaozhai, literally means Stone Treasure Fortress, Located in Zhong County, it was first built in Qing Dynasty in 1750. Shibaozhai is one historic site that will look much different in 2009. The wooden architecture stands on the riverside. It is built by catch upon a rectangular rock with sheer cliffs with a height of 56 meters and 12 stories. And every floor of the wooden structure contains interesting artifacts. Each of the 12 floors of Shibaozhai is dedicated to a famous general of the Three Kingdoms period (220-265AD), a local scholar or a renowned Chinese poet.
Qutang Gorge, Wu Gorge, Shennong Stream(1:30pm-5:30pm), Crew's Performance
--Passes through the 1st gorge--Qutang Gorge.
Passes through the 2cd gorge---Wu Gorge.
Shore excursion to Shennong Stream(1:30pm-5:30pm). You have the option of visiting White Emperor City(RMB260 per person).
Sails through the 5-steps Ship locks.
Shennong Stream is another tributary of the Yangtze River, and its fast-flowing, crystal clear water runs southwards through deep gorges. The stream races past large and small karst caves, flocks of swallows, sheer cliffs, deep gorges, waterfalls, three-colored springs, rapids, the ancient plank path, a suspended coffin in the cliff, groups of ancient tombs and marvelous karst formations
Cruise pier Transfer (Yichang), Airport Transfer (Yichang), Three Gorges Dam Site
-Shore excursion to The Three Gorges Dam Site. Arrive in Yichang at 1:00pm.
Three Gorges Dam, the largest water conservancy project ever undertaken by man and it has been a dream for several generations of Chinese people. The construction of the dam formally began in 1994. The body of the dam was completed in 2003, and the whole construction has been completed in 2009. It will be 2,335 meters long, 185 meters high, 18 meters wide on the top and 130 meters wide at the bottom.The tourists can get access to the top of the dam and enjoy different kinds of photo opportunities.
- Just let us know your travel style!
- Guide vs. Free-time ratio / Hotel Style & Interests / Dates / People
- We will then adapt this tour and create a unique quote based on your individual needs.