Tour Itinerary of Jiuzhaigou and Yangtze River Stunning Tour
8-Day Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Chongqing, Yangtze and Yichang Tour (CHT-YZ-11)
Jiuzhaigou is one of the most breathtaking places imaginable with glassy lakes, flowers and trees and in China is called fairy land. It has been recognized as a "World Natural Heritage" by UNESCO. A Yangtze River is a good place to relax and enjoy the scenery as it passes bye. The combination of Jiuzhaigou and a Yangtze River Cruise provides the opportunity to take some of China’s most fascinating and beautiful places.
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Chengdu, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Chengdu), A Free CH cell phone package
- A Free CH cell phone package:
A Free CH cell phone package includes free rental for the cell phone and SIM card (Includes prepaid value of CNY 50), delivery and collection in China. Return the phone to your guide when you depart. For more about the cell phone rental service, please click cell phone rental information.China Highlights also provides a Wi-Fi package so that you can connect to the internet in China anytime and anywhere. Our 3G service provides speeds of up to 21Mbps on your smart phone, pad or laptop, so you can stay in contact. For more detail please visit Wi-Fi rental information .
Place & Transport: Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Chengdu), Airport Transfer (Jiuzhaigou), Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area, Huanglong Chair Lift(Up), Huanglong Chair Lift(Down)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area (4.5 hours): Huanglong is located on the easternmost of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. It belongs to Songpan county, Aba Tibetan and Qiang autonomous prefecture, Sichuan province. It is 300 kilometers far away from Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province. And Jiuzhaigou Valley is as its neighbor. It is close to the boundary of Sichuan, Gansu, and Shanxi province.
The whole interest area looks like a golden dragon by overlooking. That is the reason why the place calls Huanglong, which means a golden dragon in Chinese. Huanglong is over 300 kilometers far away from Chengdu. The main area is consisted of Huanglong Valley, Danyun Valley, Red-star Cave, Xuebaoding, Mouni Valley, and Songpan Ancient City, etc. The total area occupies 1340 square kilometers. It is famous for “the colorful ponds, the beaches, the snow-capped peaks, the valleys, the ancient temple, and the folk customs”. Therefore, Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area is accredited as “the paradise in the earth”.
Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area is located at the foot of Xuebaoding Hill, the major peak of Minshan Mountain, Songpan county. The interest area is a valley with 7000 meters in length, and 300 meters in width. Over 3400 natural ponds scatter there. Some ponds are big with area of over one Mu, while some are as small as basins, or bowels, or even as small as cups. The walls of the ponds are golden, as if they were made of gold. The water in those ponds is colorful and clear.
On every July 12th to 15th, there is the grand Huanglong Temple Fair. Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area together with Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historical Interest Area are the two shining pearls in the West-Sichuan Plateau. In 1991, they were listed on the category of the world natural heritage by UNESCO.
- : Nuorilang Restaurant offers buffet lunch at general level , but it is the only restaurant in the park.
Place & Transport: Jiuzhaigou
Today's Activities: Shuzheng Valley, Sight-Seeing Shuttle Bus, Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area, Rize Valley, Zechawa Valley
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Sheraton
- Shuzheng Valley: Shuzheng Valley is reputed as the epitome of Jiuzhaigou. The Shuzheng Qun Hai (Shu Zheng Lakes) in this valley is the entrance to the beautiful and splendid Jiuzhaigou. With a total length of 13.8 kilometers, Shuzheng contains over 40 various lakes, occupied 40% of the total in Jiuzhaigou and stretching along Shuzheng Gully for 5 to 6 kilometers.The lakes reflect the shining sunshine, named respectively as: Luwei Hai (Reed Lake), Penjing Hai, Huohua Hai (Sparking Lake), Wolong Hai (Sleeping Dragon Lake), Shuzheng Waterfall, and Laohu Hai (Tiger Lake) etc. All provide visitors dream-like views.
- Sight-Seeing Shuttle Bus: The sight-seeing shuttle bus is provided by the park, with seating capacity of 28-47 seats. It is quite crowded during the travel season.
- Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area (8 hours): Inscribed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1992, Jiuzhaigou Valley is an invaluable present sent from above. It is part of the Min Mountains on the edge of the Tibetan Plateau.
Stretching out over 72,000 hectares, its elevation ranges widely from 2,000 to 4,500 meters (6,600 – 14,800 ft). Multi-level waterfalls, colorful lakes and snow-capped peaks are its signatures. The entire Jiuzhaigou Valley is composed of three major parts: Rize Valley, Zechawa Valley and Shuzheng Valley, each of which are dotted with numerous natural attractions. Well-noted attractions include: the Primeval Forest, Swan Lake and Panda Lake in Rize Valley; Long Lake and Five-Color Pond in Zechawa Valley; as well as Nuorilang Falls, Sleeping Dragon Lake and Reed Lake in Shuzheng Valley.
Nine Tibetan villages snuggle cozily and peacefully inside the valley, thus the name Jiuzhaigou (Nine-Village Valley).
- Rize Valley: It is noted as the best part of all Jiuzhaigou tour routes for its multi-colored lakes, highest waterfalls, treasure beaches and virgin forests. The Nuorilang waterfall is the starting spot of Rize Valley with 18 separate lakes.Going along the 18km Rize valley, there comes the Mirror Lake, Pearl lake, Peacock lake, Five-flower lake, Panda lake, Panda waterfall, Bamboo Arrow lake and Virgin Forest. Each is uniquely designed by the magic hand of nature.
- Zechawa Valley: The 18km long Zechawa Valley stretches its way from Nuorilang to the Chang(long)lake. It is the route of the highest altitude of all your Jiuzhaigou tours, featuring seasonal lakes and snow-capped peaks. Here, Jiuzhaigou will show the visitors the small but most graceful lake, five color pond, noted for its bright and distinct colors.
- Sheraton: The Sheraton provides a comfortable atmosphere and good service. Western and Asian are served in the buffet.
Place & Transport: Jiuzhaigou to Chengdu, Air China CA4478 Dep 11:55 - Arr 12:40
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Jiuzhaigou), Airport Transfer (Chengdu)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Chenmapo Beancurd Restaurant
- Chenmapo Beancurd Restaurant: The tradition of Chenmapo beancurd can be traced back to 1862. This dish gained its name simply due to the fact that the beancurd was first cooked in a special way by a cook with visible smallpox on her face, known as "mapo" in Chengdu dialect. Now mapo beancurd has a world-wide reputation.
The popularity of Mapo beancurd comes from its well-known taste and smell of the tender beancurd cooked in spicy ingredients everyone is impressed by it spicy, hot, aromatic, tender qualities. Its name entered as a famous Chengdu food in
Place & Transport: Chengdu to Chongqing to Yangtze, Train No. D5104 (Chengdu Railway Station - Chongqing North Railway Station) Dep 09:00 - Arr 11:16
Today's Activities: Hotel to Train station Transfer (Chengdu), Train station Transfer (Chongqing), Panda Room in Chongqing Zoo, Three Gorges Museum, Ciqikou Old Town, Cruise pier Transfer (Chongqing), Board the ship from 5:00pm to 8:00pm and departs Chongqing at 9:00pm.(Dinner is not included)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Yunyuan restaurant
- Panda Room in Chongqing Zoo (2 hours): Located in the western suburbs of the city, Chongqing Zoo occupies an area of 45 hectares. There are some rare animals including Golden hair monkeys and South China Tigers. In Panda Room, visitors can see the giant and lesser pandas and their offspring.In the mornings, many local people practice Tai chi at the zoo. Join them if you wish.
- Three Gorges Museum (2 hours): The best exhibits are those on the history of the Yangtze and, of course, the Dam. It also houses some excellent stone and terracotta sculptures, art and interesting artifacts, items from the war years, and temporary exhibitions. The museum faces the impressive People's Hall, built to resemble the Temple of Heaven, across a lively square, itself a hub of activity.
- Ciqikou Old Town (1.5 hours): This lively old area has been partly restored, and remains an authentic and busy community. The old wooden houses and narrow streets furthest from the river are mostly unimproved, closer to the river there are craft and souvenir shops, teahouses and music, and lots of local food and snacks. The locals certainly love their food – this is a good chance to try some.
- Yunyuan restaurant: Yunyuan restaurant serves Sichuang food and is famous for its hot pot.
Place & Transport: Yangtze
Today's Activities: Welcoming Banquet, Dancing Party, Shore excursion to Shibaozhai(14;00-16;00).Optinal tour to Fengdu Ghost City(RMB260 per person).
Meals: Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
--Shibaozhai, literally means Stone Treasure Fortress, Located in Zhong County, it was first built in Qing Dynasty in 1750. Shibaozhai is one historic site that will look much different in 2009. The wooden architecture stands on the riverside. It is built by catch upon a rectangular rock with sheer cliffs with a height of 56 meters and 12 stories. And every floor of the wooden structure contains interesting artifacts. Each of the 12 floors of Shibaozhai is dedicated to a famous general of the Three Kingdoms period (220-265AD), a local scholar or a renowned Chinese poet.
Place & Transport: Yangtze
Today's Activities: Qutang Gorge, Wu Gorge, Shennong Stream(1:30pm-5:30pm), Crew's Performance
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
--Passes through the 1st gorge--Qutang Gorge.
Passes through the 2cd gorge---Wu Gorge.
Shore excursion to Shennong Stream(1:30pm-5:30pm). You have the option of visiting White Emperor City(RMB260 per person).
Sails through the 5-steps Ship locks.
Shennong Stream is another tributary of the Yangtze River, and its fast-flowing, crystal clear water runs southwards through deep gorges. The stream races past large and small karst caves, flocks of swallows, sheer cliffs, deep gorges, waterfalls, three-colored springs, rapids, the ancient plank path, a suspended coffin in the cliff, groups of ancient tombs and marvelous karst formations
Place & Transport: Yangtze to Yichang to Departure City, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Cruise pier Transfer (Yichang), Airport Transfer (Yichang), Three Gorges Dam Site
--Shore excursion to The Three Gorges Dam Site. Arrive in Yichang at 1:00pm.
Three Gorges Dam, the largest water conservancy project ever undertaken by man and it has been a dream for several generations of Chinese people. The construction of the dam formally began in 1994. The body of the dam was completed in 2003, and the whole construction has been completed in 2009. It will be 2,335 meters long, 185 meters high, 18 meters wide on the top and 130 meters wide at the bottom.The tourists can get access to the top of the dam and enjoy different kinds of photo opportunities.
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$3,169||$3,119||$2,939||$329/ $296/ $127|
|6-9 Persons||$3,579||$3,529||$3,319||$329/ $296/ $127|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$3,679||$3,199||$3,109||$701/ $304/ $254|
|6-9 Persons||$4,049||$3,559||$3,459||$701/ $304/ $254|
Tour Class Comparison (Demo for Beijing)
|Superior ( 5 Star )||Deluxe (4 Star)||Economy (4/3 Star)|
|Crowne Plaza Beijing||Sunworld Hotel||Days Inn Forbidden City|
Hotels We Selected for This Tour
|City||Superior Class||Deluxe Class||Tourist Class|
|Chengdu||Sofitel Wanda Chengdu||Tianfu Sunshine Hotel Chengdu||Minshan Lhasa Grand Hotel|
|Jiuzhaigou||Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort||Jiuzhai Resort Hotel||The Zhonglv Hotel|
|Chengdu||Sofitel Wanda Chengdu||Tianfu Sunshine Hotel Chengdu||Minshan Lhasa Grand Hotel|
Excellent Local Guides
We selected the most experienced tour guides in each city. They are all very professional and flexible during the tour with oustanding knowledge of all the sites and history.
Our Luxury Car for Families
We use the modern air-conditioned luxury cars for families or 2-3 persons. The comfort and safety of our customers is of utmost importance, so we ensure that all of the vehicles that we use are well-maintained and always very clean.
Comfortable People Carrier for Small Groups
We use only air-conditioned small buses for small groups of 4-7 persons. Our drivers are very nice and careful with over 5-year drive experience.
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Chongqing, Yangtze, Yichang by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Yangtze River Cruises:
The price quoted for a Yangtze River Cruise includes all meals onboard, and all land excursions including the smaller cruise fee to Lesser Three Gorges or Shennong Stream. (Optional land excursions are available for a few ships which will be specially noted.) The price does not include any incidental charges, including room service, mini bar, laundry, and drinks and bar charges, tipping, etc.
The Pre-boarding Fee includes overnight accommodations on the ship the night before departure and breakfast in the morning.
Chengdu To Jiuzhaigou Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
JIUZHAIGOU To CHENGDU Transfer via: Flight, CA4478 (Our arrangements)
Chengdu Railway Station To Chongqing North Railway Station Transfer via: Train, D5104 (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports/railway stations/cruise piers and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement:
Important note for those who choose to pay a single room supplement fee: The fee only covers hotel single room supplements; it does NOT include use of a single cabin on the Yangtze River Cruise. Standard Yangtze River Cruise prices per person are based on 2 people sharing 1 cabin unless otherwise specified. If you would like to request a single cabin on the Yangtze River ship, please contact us to check cost and availability.