Chengdu Kuan-zhai Lane, Panda Breeding and Research Center, Chengdu People's Park
- Chengdu Kuan-zhai Lane: It is a part of the old city in Chengdu which has been restored and renovated. This is a chance to see old Chengdu and experience the traditional lifestyle. It features Western foods and drinks, take-aways, coffee and art.
- Panda Breeding and Research Center (2.5 hours): Located 6 miles north of Chengdu City, it is home to giant pandas, red (or lesser) pandas, and other endangered species. Visit the nursery to see the highly successful breeding program, among the bamboo groves and shady walkways, and to view the pandas at rest or play. There is a panda museum where you can learn some information about giant pandas.
Note: The Panda Breeding and Research Center has a donation program which allows you take pictures with holding a panda one minute by donating RMB 2,000 Yuan (for reference only). Only 40 tourists are allowed to hold pandas a day. If you want to hold a panda, you must book it one day in advance.This program is subject to the availability of pandas on that day. Please bring enough RMB cash as payment by credit card is not accepted there.
- Chengdu People's Park: The People's Park is a spiritual haven for the city's citizens amidst the bustle of downtown. The park contains refreshing bonsai gardens, artificial lakes, rockeries, historical monuments and traditional tea houses. Another highlight of the park is the annual chrysanthemum exhibition in autumn, whose colorful blossoms seem to set the park ablaze.
Our guide and driver will escort you from Chengdu to Leshan, Leshan Giant Buddha, Cruise to have a overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha, Our guide and driver will escort you from Leshan to Emeishan, Baoguo monastery
- Leshan Giant Buddha (2 hours): The Great Buddha in Leshan is located to the east of Leshan City, Sichuan Province and on the Lingyun Mountain where Min River, Qingyi River and Dadu River meet. It has been the largest stone carved sitting Buddhist statue in the world so far.
- Cruise to have a overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha (40 minutes): The Great Buddha in Leshan is located to the east of Leshan City, Sichuan Province and on the Lingyun Mountain where Min River, Qingyi River and Dadu River meet. It has been the largest stone carved sitting Buddhist statue in the world so far.You can sit on board to have an overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha.
Cable Car leading to Monastery of Ten Thousand Years, Monastery of Ten Thousand Years, Emei Mountain, Our guide and driver will escort you from Emeishan to Chengdu
- Cable Car leading to Monastery of Ten Thousand Years (20 minutes): The Wannian Monastery is the largest of the eight monasteries to be found on Mount Emei. It is dedicated to Bodhisattva Puxian who famous for his preaching.
- Monastery of Ten Thousand Years (1 hour): 1,043 meters above sea level, was built in the 4th century. It was burned several times in the following centuries. The present brick building was reconstructed in the Ming dynasty (1368-1644). The Brick Hall, a domed building with small stupas on it, was built of bricks. In the hall is a statue of the Bodhisattva. Puxian on a white elephant, 8.5 meters high, cast in copper and bronze. It weight is estimated 62 tons. And this statu was here in 980AD.
- Emei Mountain (50 minutes): One of the most famous mountains for Buddhism in China. It has many temples and beautiful scenery.Baoguo Temple lies right at the foot of Mt. Emei.
Hotel to airport Transfer (Chengdu), Airport Transfer (Jiuzhaigou), Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area, Huanglong Chair Lift(Up)
- Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area (4.5 hours): Huanglong is located on the easternmost of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. It belongs to Songpan county, Aba Tibetan and Qiang autonomous prefecture, Sichuan province. It is 300 kilometers far away from Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province. And Jiuzhaigou Valley is as its neighbor. It is close to the boundary of Sichuan, Gansu, and Shanxi province.
The whole interest area looks like a golden dragon by overlooking. That is the reason why the place calls Huanglong, which means a golden dragon in Chinese. Huanglong is over 300 kilometers far away from Chengdu. The main area is consisted of Huanglong Valley, Danyun Valley, Red-star Cave, Xuebaoding, Mouni Valley, and Songpan Ancient City, etc. The total area occupies 1340 square kilometers. It is famous for “the colorful ponds, the beaches, the snow-capped peaks, the valleys, the ancient temple, and the folk customs”. Therefore, Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area is accredited as “the paradise in the earth”.
Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area is located at the foot of Xuebaoding Hill, the major peak of Minshan Mountain, Songpan county. The interest area is a valley with 7000 meters in length, and 300 meters in width. Over 3400 natural ponds scatter there. Some ponds are big with area of over one Mu, while some are as small as basins, or bowels, or even as small as cups. The walls of the ponds are golden, as if they were made of gold. The water in those ponds is colorful and clear.
On every July 12th to 15th, there is the grand Huanglong Temple Fair. Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area together with Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historical Interest Area are the two shining pearls in the West-Sichuan Plateau. In 1991, they were listed on the category of the world natural heritage by UNESCO.
- Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area (8 hours): Inscribed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1992, Jiuzhaigou Valley is an invaluable present sent from above. It is part of the Min Mountains on the edge of the Tibetan Plateau.
Stretching out over 72,000 hectares, its elevation ranges widely from 2,000 to 4,500 meters (6,600 – 14,800 ft). Multi-level waterfalls, colorful lakes and snow-capped peaks are its signatures. The entire Jiuzhaigou Valley is composed of three major parts: Rize Valley, Zechawa Valley and Shuzheng Valley, each of which are dotted with numerous natural attractions. Well-noted attractions include: the Primeval Forest, Swan Lake and Panda Lake in Rize Valley; Long Lake and Five-Color Pond in Zechawa Valley; as well as Nuorilang Falls, Sleeping Dragon Lake and Reed Lake in Shuzheng Valley.
Nine Tibetan villages snuggle cozily and peacefully inside the valley, thus the name Jiuzhaigou (Nine-Village Valley).
- Shuzheng Valley: Shuzheng Valley is reputed as the epitome of Jiuzhaigou. The Shuzheng Qun Hai (Shu Zheng Lakes) in this valley is the entrance to the beautiful and splendid Jiuzhaigou. With a total length of 13.8 kilometers, Shuzheng contains over 40 various lakes, occupied 40% of the total in Jiuzhaigou and stretching along Shuzheng Gully for 5 to 6 kilometers.The lakes reflect the shining sunshine, named respectively as: Luwei Hai (Reed Lake), Penjing Hai, Huohua Hai (Sparking Lake), Wolong Hai (Sleeping Dragon Lake), Shuzheng Waterfall, and Laohu Hai (Tiger Lake) etc. All provide visitors dream-like views.
- Sight-Seeing Shuttle Bus: The sight-seeing shuttle bus is provided by the park, with seating capacity of 28-47 seats. It is quite crowded during the travel season.
Hotel to airport Transfer (Jiuzhaigou), Airport Transfer (Chongqing), Goose Neck Park, Ciqikou Old Town, Cruise pier Transfer (Chongqing), Board the ship from 5:00pm to 8:00pm and departs Chongqing at 9:00pm.
- Goose Neck Park (1 hour): Very popular with the locals who come here to enjoy the gardens, play Mahjohngg, make music or just relax. Nice views over the river and Chongqing, there are also a number of interesting buildings and former Embassies in the grounds, plus an enormous long painting of the Yangtze.
- Ciqikou Old Town (1.5 hours): This lively old area has been partly restored, and remains an authentic and busy community. The old wooden houses and narrow streets furthest from the river are mostly unimproved, closer to the river there are craft and souvenir shops, teahouses and music, and lots of local food and snacks. The locals certainly love their food – this is a good chance to try some.
Welcoming Banquet, Dancing Party, Shore excursion to Shibaozhai(14;00-16;00).Optinal tour to Fengdu Ghost City(RMB260 per person).
Shibaozhai, literally means Stone Treasure Fortress, Located in Zhong County, it was first built in Qing Dynasty in 1750. Shibaozhai is one historic site that will look much different in 2009. The wooden architecture stands on the riverside. It is built by catch upon a rectangular rock with sheer cliffs with a height of 56 meters and 12 stories. And every floor of the wooden structure contains interesting artifacts. Each of the 12 floors of Shibaozhai is dedicated to a famous general of the Three Kingdoms period (220-265AD), a local scholar or a renowned Chinese poet.
Qutang Gorge, Wu Gorge, Shennong Stream(1:30pm-5:30pm), Crew's Performance
--Passes through the 1st gorge--Qutang Gorge.
Passes through the 2cd gorge---Wu Gorge.
Shore excursion to Shennong Stream(1:30pm-5:30pm). You have the option of visiting White Emperor City(RMB260 per person).
Sails through the 5-steps Ship locks.
Shennong Stream is another tributary of the Yangtze River, and its fast-flowing, crystal clear water runs southwards through deep gorges. The stream races past large and small karst caves, flocks of swallows, sheer cliffs, deep gorges, waterfalls, three-colored springs, rapids, the ancient plank path, a suspended coffin in the cliff, groups of ancient tombs and marvelous karst formations
Cruise pier Transfer (Yichang), Airport Transfer (Yichang), Three Gorges Dam Site
-Shore excursion to The Three Gorges Dam Site. Arrive in Yichang at 1:00pm.
Three Gorges Dam, the largest water conservancy project ever undertaken by man and it has been a dream for several generations of Chinese people. The construction of the dam formally began in 1994. The body of the dam was completed in 2003, and the whole construction has been completed in 2009. It will be 2,335 meters long, 185 meters high, 18 meters wide on the top and 130 meters wide at the bottom.The tourists can get access to the top of the dam and enjoy different kinds of photo opportunities.
- Just let us know your travel style!
- Guide vs. Free-time ratio / Hotel Style & Interests / Dates / People
- We will then adapt this tour and create a unique quote based on your individual needs.