Tour Itinerary of Picturesque Jiuzhaigou and Yangtze River Tour from Hong Kong
10-Day Hong Kong, Chengdu, Leshan, Emeishan, Jiuzhaigou, Chongqing, Yangtze and Yichang Tour (CHT-YZ-16)
This 10-day tour will take you to some of the most amazing attractions in China – Panda Reserve in Chengdu, Giant Buddha at Leshan, Buddhism Temples at Mt. Emei, fabulous scenery at Jiuzhaigou Valley, and unforgettable Three Georges on the Yangtze. It presents combination of culture and rare natural beauty.
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Hong Kong to Chengdu, Air China CA6502 Dep 10:45 - Arr 13:30
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Hong Kong), Airport Transfer (Chengdu), A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group)
- A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group):
A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group) includes free rental for the cell phone and SIM card (Includes prepaid value of CNY 50), delivery and collection in China. Return the phone to your guide when you depart. For more about the cell phone rental service, please click cell phone rental information.China Highlights also provides a Wi-Fi package so that you can connect to the internet in China anytime and anywhere. Our 3G service provides speeds of up to 21Mbps on your smart phone, pad or laptop, so you can stay in contact. For more detail please visit Wi-Fi rental information .
Place & Transport: Chengdu
Today's Activities: Chengdu Kuan-zhai Lane, Panda Breeding and Research Center, Chengdu People's Park
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Chengdu Ba Guo Bu Yi Restaurant
- Chengdu Kuan-zhai Lane: It is a part of the old city in Chengdu which has been restored and renovated. This is a chance to see old Chengdu and experience the traditional lifestyle. It features Western foods and drinks, take-aways, coffee and art.
- Panda Breeding and Research Center (2.5 hours): Located 6 miles north of Chengdu City, it is home to giant pandas, red (or lesser) pandas, and other endangered species. Visit the nursery to see the highly successful breeding program, among the bamboo groves and shady walkways, and to view the pandas at rest or play. There is a panda museum where you can learn some information about giant pandas.
Note: The Panda Breeding and Research Center has a donation program which allows you take pictures with holding a panda one minute by donating RMB 2,000 Yuan (for reference only). Only 40 tourists are allowed to hold pandas a day. If you want to hold a panda, you must book it one day in advance.This program is subject to the availability of pandas on that day. Please bring enough RMB cash as payment by credit card is not accepted there.
- Chengdu People's Park: The People's Park is a spiritual haven for the city's citizens amidst the bustle of downtown. The park contains refreshing bonsai gardens, artificial lakes, rockeries, historical monuments and traditional tea houses. Another highlight of the park is the annual chrysanthemum exhibition in autumn, whose colorful blossoms seem to set the park ablaze.
- Chengdu Ba Guo Bu Yi Restaurant: Ba Guo Bu Yi is located nearby Wu Hou Temple. The restaurant serves authentic Sichuan food with its traditional Chinese style decorations. It is an old and famous restaurant, which is very popular with local people. Favorite dishes include Peppery chicken, braised beef tenderloin, and fried carp in squirrel shape.
Place & Transport: Chengdu to Leshan to Emeishan
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Chengdu to Leshan, Leshan Giant Buddha, Cruise to have a overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha, Our guide and driver will escort you from Leshan to Emeishan, Baoguo monastery
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Leshan Local Restaurant, Chinese Dinner
- Leshan Giant Buddha (2 hours): The Great Buddha in Leshan is located to the east of Leshan City, Sichuan Province and on the Lingyun Mountain where Min River, Qingyi River and Dadu River meet. It has been the largest stone carved sitting Buddhist statue in the world so far.
- Cruise to have a overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha (40 minutes): The Great Buddha in Leshan is located to the east of Leshan City, Sichuan Province and on the Lingyun Mountain where Min River, Qingyi River and Dadu River meet. It has been the largest stone carved sitting Buddhist statue in the world so far.You can sit on board to have an overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha.
- Leshan Local Restaurant: The limited restaurant options mean that there is no choice available however our guide will organize the best available based on the season and the surroundings.
- Baoguo monastery (1 hour): This monastery was built in the 16th century, enlarged in the 17th century, and rebuilt in recent years. To the left of the gate is a rockery for potted miniature trees and rare plants.
Place & Transport: Emeishan to Chengdu
Today's Activities: Cable Car leading to Monastery of Ten Thousand Years, Monastery of Ten Thousand Years, Emei Mountain, Our guide and driver will escort you from Emeishan to Chengdu
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Cable Car leading to Monastery of Ten Thousand Years (20 minutes): The Wannian Monastery is the largest of the eight monasteries to be found on Mount Emei. It is dedicated to Bodhisattva Puxian who famous for his preaching.
- Monastery of Ten Thousand Years (1 hour): 1,043 meters above sea level, was built in the 4th century. It was burned several times in the following centuries. The present brick building was reconstructed in the Ming dynasty (1368-1644). The Brick Hall, a domed building with small stupas on it, was built of bricks. In the hall is a statue of the Bodhisattva. Puxian on a white elephant, 8.5 meters high, cast in copper and bronze. It weight is estimated 62 tons. And this statu was here in 980AD.
- Emei Mountain (50 minutes): One of the most famous mountains for Buddhism in China. It has many temples and beautiful scenery.Baoguo Temple lies right at the foot of Mt. Emei.
Place & Transport: Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou, Sichuan Airlines 3U8603 Dep 08:25 - Arr 09:15
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Chengdu), Airport Transfer (Jiuzhaigou), Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area, Huanglong Chair Lift(Up)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
- Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area (4.5 hours): Huanglong is located on the easternmost of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. It belongs to Songpan county, Aba Tibetan and Qiang autonomous prefecture, Sichuan province. It is 300 kilometers far away from Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province. And Jiuzhaigou Valley is as its neighbor. It is close to the boundary of Sichuan, Gansu, and Shanxi province.
The whole interest area looks like a golden dragon by overlooking. That is the reason why the place calls Huanglong, which means a golden dragon in Chinese. Huanglong is over 300 kilometers far away from Chengdu. The main area is consisted of Huanglong Valley, Danyun Valley, Red-star Cave, Xuebaoding, Mouni Valley, and Songpan Ancient City, etc. The total area occupies 1340 square kilometers. It is famous for “the colorful ponds, the beaches, the snow-capped peaks, the valleys, the ancient temple, and the folk customs”. Therefore, Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area is accredited as “the paradise in the earth”.
Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area is located at the foot of Xuebaoding Hill, the major peak of Minshan Mountain, Songpan county. The interest area is a valley with 7000 meters in length, and 300 meters in width. Over 3400 natural ponds scatter there. Some ponds are big with area of over one Mu, while some are as small as basins, or bowels, or even as small as cups. The walls of the ponds are golden, as if they were made of gold. The water in those ponds is colorful and clear.
On every July 12th to 15th, there is the grand Huanglong Temple Fair. Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area together with Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historical Interest Area are the two shining pearls in the West-Sichuan Plateau. In 1991, they were listed on the category of the world natural heritage by UNESCO.
Place & Transport: Jiuzhaigou
Today's Activities: Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area, Shuzheng Valley, Sight-Seeing Shuttle Bus
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
- Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area (8 hours): Inscribed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1992, Jiuzhaigou Valley is an invaluable present sent from above. It is part of the Min Mountains on the edge of the Tibetan Plateau.
Stretching out over 72,000 hectares, its elevation ranges widely from 2,000 to 4,500 meters (6,600 – 14,800 ft). Multi-level waterfalls, colorful lakes and snow-capped peaks are its signatures. The entire Jiuzhaigou Valley is composed of three major parts: Rize Valley, Zechawa Valley and Shuzheng Valley, each of which are dotted with numerous natural attractions. Well-noted attractions include: the Primeval Forest, Swan Lake and Panda Lake in Rize Valley; Long Lake and Five-Color Pond in Zechawa Valley; as well as Nuorilang Falls, Sleeping Dragon Lake and Reed Lake in Shuzheng Valley.
Nine Tibetan villages snuggle cozily and peacefully inside the valley, thus the name Jiuzhaigou (Nine-Village Valley).
- Shuzheng Valley: Shuzheng Valley is reputed as the epitome of Jiuzhaigou. The Shuzheng Qun Hai (Shu Zheng Lakes) in this valley is the entrance to the beautiful and splendid Jiuzhaigou. With a total length of 13.8 kilometers, Shuzheng contains over 40 various lakes, occupied 40% of the total in Jiuzhaigou and stretching along Shuzheng Gully for 5 to 6 kilometers.The lakes reflect the shining sunshine, named respectively as: Luwei Hai (Reed Lake), Penjing Hai, Huohua Hai (Sparking Lake), Wolong Hai (Sleeping Dragon Lake), Shuzheng Waterfall, and Laohu Hai (Tiger Lake) etc. All provide visitors dream-like views.
- Sight-Seeing Shuttle Bus: The sight-seeing shuttle bus is provided by the park, with seating capacity of 28-47 seats. It is quite crowded during the travel season.
Place & Transport: Jiuzhaigou to Chongqing to Yangtze, Sichuan Airlines 3U8638 Dep 09:50 - Arr 11:10
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Jiuzhaigou), Airport Transfer (Chongqing), Goose Neck Park, Ciqikou Old Town, Cruise pier Transfer (Chongqing), Board the ship from 5:00pm to 8:00pm and departs Chongqing at 9:00pm.(Dinner is not included)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Dinner at Yunyuan restaurant, Chinese Lunch at Cai Xiang Yuan Restaurant (Yangjiaping Branch)
- Goose Neck Park (1 hour): Very popular with the locals who come here to enjoy the gardens, play Mahjohngg, make music or just relax. Nice views over the river and Chongqing, there are also a number of interesting buildings and former Embassies in the grounds, plus an enormous long painting of the Yangtze.
- Ciqikou Old Town (1.5 hours): This lively old area has been partly restored, and remains an authentic and busy community. The old wooden houses and narrow streets furthest from the river are mostly unimproved, closer to the river there are craft and souvenir shops, teahouses and music, and lots of local food and snacks. The locals certainly love their food – this is a good chance to try some.
- Cai Xiang Yuan Restaurant (Yangjiaping Branch): Located close to the Chongqing Zoo, Cai Xiang Yuan Restaurant serves with dishes are cooked with local flavors and ingredients. Cantonese dishes are also available.
- Yunyuan restaurant: Yunyuan restaurant serves Sichuang food and is famous for its hot pot.
Place & Transport: Yangtze
Today's Activities: Welcoming Banquet, Dancing Party, Shore excursion to Shibaozhai(14;00-16;00).Optinal tour to Fengdu Ghost City(RMB260 per person).
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Dinner, Chinese Lunch
--Shibaozhai, literally means Stone Treasure Fortress, Located in Zhong County, it was first built in Qing Dynasty in 1750. Shibaozhai is one historic site that will look much different in 2009. The wooden architecture stands on the riverside. It is built by catch upon a rectangular rock with sheer cliffs with a height of 56 meters and 12 stories. And every floor of the wooden structure contains interesting artifacts. Each of the 12 floors of Shibaozhai is dedicated to a famous general of the Three Kingdoms period (220-265AD), a local scholar or a renowned Chinese poet.
Place & Transport: Yangtze
Today's Activities: Qutang Gorge, Wu Gorge, Shennong Stream(1:30pm-5:30pm), Crew's Performance
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
--Passes through the 1st gorge--Qutang Gorge.
Passes through the 2cd gorge---Wu Gorge.
Shore excursion to Shennong Stream(1:30pm-5:30pm). You have the option of visiting White Emperor City(RMB260 per person).
Sails through the 5-steps Ship locks.
Shennong Stream is another tributary of the Yangtze River, and its fast-flowing, crystal clear water runs southwards through deep gorges. The stream races past large and small karst caves, flocks of swallows, sheer cliffs, deep gorges, waterfalls, three-colored springs, rapids, the ancient plank path, a suspended coffin in the cliff, groups of ancient tombs and marvelous karst formations
Place & Transport: Yangtze to Yichang to Departure City, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Cruise pier Transfer (Yichang), Airport Transfer (Yichang), Three Gorges Dam Site
--Shore excursion to The Three Gorges Dam Site. Arrive in Yichang at 1:00pm.
Three Gorges Dam, the largest water conservancy project ever undertaken by man and it has been a dream for several generations of Chinese people. The construction of the dam formally began in 1994. The body of the dam was completed in 2003, and the whole construction has been completed in 2009. It will be 2,335 meters long, 185 meters high, 18 meters wide on the top and 130 meters wide at the bottom.The tourists can get access to the top of the dam and enjoy different kinds of photo opportunities.
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$4,249||$4,159||$4,009||$497/ $418/ $247|
|6-9 Persons||$4,519||$4,419||$4,239||$497/ $418/ $247|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$4,839||$4,249||$4,099||$937/ $436/ $260|
|6-9 Persons||$5,079||$4,499||$4,299||$937/ $436/ $260|
Excellent Local Guides
We selected the most experienced tour guides in each city. They are all very professional and flexible during the tour with oustanding knowledge of all the sites and history.
Our Luxury Car for Families
We use the modern air-conditioned luxury cars for families or 2-3 persons. The comfort and safety of our customers is of utmost importance, so we ensure that all of the vehicles that we use are well-maintained and always very clean.
Comfortable People Carrier for Small Groups
We use only air-conditioned small buses for small groups of 4-7 persons. Our drivers are very nice and careful with over 5-year drive experience.
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Hong Kong, Chengdu, Leshan, Emeishan, Jiuzhaigou, Chongqing, Yangtze, Yichang by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Yangtze River Cruises:
The price quoted for a Yangtze River Cruise includes all meals onboard, and all land excursions including the smaller cruise fee to Lesser Three Gorges or Shennong Stream. (Optional land excursions are available for a few ships which will be specially noted.) The price does not include any incidental charges, including room service, mini bar, laundry, and drinks and bar charges, tipping, etc.
The Pre-boarding Fee includes overnight accommodations on the ship the night before departure and breakfast in the morning.
Hong Kong To Chengdu Transfer via: Flight, CA6502 (Our arrangements)
CHENGDU To JIUZHAIGOU Transfer via: Flight, 3U8603 (Our arrangements)
JIUZHAIGOU To CHONGQING Transfer via: Flight, 3U8638 (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports/cruise piers and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement:
Important note for those who choose to pay a single room supplement fee: The fee only covers hotel single room supplements; it does NOT include use of a single cabin on the Yangtze River Cruise. Standard Yangtze River Cruise prices per person are based on 2 people sharing 1 cabin unless otherwise specified. If you would like to request a single cabin on the Yangtze River ship, please contact us to check cost and availability.