Essence Of Dunhuang Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Dunhuang
The mysterious Silk Road awaits those who want adventure. Visit the Obvious Pearl on the Silk Road - Dunhuang. You will enjoy your tour by visiting the Mogao Grottoes with the artistic features of the treasured Buddhist murals and the Crescent Lake.
Duration: 4 Days
Be picked up from Bus or Train Station by your guide.
Place & Transport: Dunhuang
Today's Activities: Mogao caves, Dunhuang Museum, The Singing Sand Mountains and Crescent Spring
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Caigenxiang Restaurant
- Mogao caves (3.5 hours): Tours of Mogao caves are conducted by a guide (English, German, French and Japanese speaking guides are available) who you will share with other tourists. There are about 30 caves open to the public, but usually the tour consists of 10 which provide a representation of the total. The selection is at the discretion of the guide.
- Dunhuang Museum (1.5 hours): This comprehensive local museum exhibits historical relics, folk art, local human and geographic artifacts and natural resources. Boasting a rich collection of over 4000 pieces of precious cultural and historical relics, the museum reflects the flourishing social development and cultural exchange between China and the West during the time when Dunhuang was a major center along the Silk Road. If you've visited the Jade Gate or Yangguan Pass, you may enjoy seeing what's been found.
- The Singing Sand Mountains and Crescent Spring (2 hours): Crescent Spring (Yueya Quan) is in the Singing Sand Mountains (Mingsha Shan), 6 km (4 mi) south of Dunhuang. It is an oasis in the desert. The spring's name derives from the crescent-shaped lake formed by the spring water between two huge sand dunes. Although the area is very dry, the pool doesn't dry up as one might expect.
- Caigenxiang Restaurant: The Caigenxiang is near Moon Spring in Dunhuang. It is well known for its Sichuan dishes, mutton roll and hotpots.
Place & Transport: Dunhuang
Today's Activities: Yumenguan Pass, Desert Discovery at Yadan Landform Park
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Yumenguan Pass (30 minutes): Once as one of the west gates out of the country of the Han Dynasty (206 B. C. -220 A. D.), it is quite ruined by the shifting sands but still shows the ever splendor.
Yumeng Town: The site of China’s first oil field
- Desert Discovery at Yadan Landform Park (2.5 hours): The Evil City:It locates the south to the Wubao town in Hami and 20kms far from Wubao while 100kms far from Hami city. The Evil city is famous for its night sound and vivid rocks in various shapes those look like animals or other world famous attractions in the world.
Our guide and driver will transfer you to Bus or Train Station.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$639||$599||$499||$239 / $202 / $98 /|
|6-9 Persons||$499||$459||$349||$239 / $202 / $98 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$639||$609||$499||$239 / $209 / $98 /|
|6-9 Persons||$499||$459||$349||$239 / $209 / $98 /|
Tour Length: 4 Days
Attractions: Mogao Grottos, Echoing-Sand Mountain, City Musuem, The Crescent Lake and Echoing-Sand Mountain, Yumenguan Pass, Yadan Landform Park/The Evil City
|Dunhuang||The silk Road Dunhuang Hotel
||Dun Huang Hotel
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Dunhuang by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.