Guilin Essence Tour From Shanghai
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Guilin
Guilin regarded as the most picturesque city in China, The Guilin scenery representative of China Karst formation. Relaxing on the Li River cruise boat, ride a bike in Yangshuo countryside and visit to the local famer’s house. Take a day visit to the Zhuang and Yao ethnic group, this tour will illustrates the unique side of the city.
Duration: 4 Days
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Guilin, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Shanghai), Airport Transfer (Guilin), Reed Flute Cave, Jiangtou Village in Jiuwu Town, Pearl Culture Shop
Meals: Chinese Lunch at McFound Restaurant
- Reed Flute Cave (1 hour): Located 5 kilometers northwest of Guilin city, the Reed Flute Cave gets the name from the reeds used for making flutes and pipes that grow at its entrance. The cave is regarded as the largest and most impressive cave in Guilin. It is 240 meters long, and the length of the tour is about 550 meters offering a magic land of stalactites, stalagmites, stone pillars, stone curtains, birds, plants and animals in fantastic shapes and colors. The visit lasts for 40 minutes and there are a lot of steps. Watch your step as the lights are dim. You guide will show you by electric torch.
- Jiangtou Village in Jiuwu Town: Located at north, 32 km far from Guilin city, Jiangtou Village is reputed as one of seven the most valuable ancient villages in China. It has more than 620 residents’ houses built in Ming and Qing Dynasties with 800 years history. What is interesting is that 90 percent of residents there share the same family name—Zhou. According to history, most of them are descendants of Zhou Dunyi, a famous scholar of Neo-Confucianism and writer in Northern Song Dynasty. People there show the highest respect for education, and there were over 160 successful candidates in imperial exams of different levels during the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Ancient well, long alleys, stone arch bridge, exquisite wooden carvings bring you back to ancient time.
- McFound Restaurant: A restaurant which decorated in traditional northern style, with wheaten food of full aroma and household atmosphere of authentic culture, is warmly welcome for customers.
- Pearl Culture Shop: Guilin is fortunate to have a company that is licensed by the Government to both grow and sell pearls. The Pearls are cultivated in the clean waters of the South China Sea off the coast of Guangxi province and then transported to Guilin for processing and to be created in the superb jewelry that you will see exhibited. You will also learn how to tell the difference between real and fake pearls and well as seeing the production process. Pearls purchased here will be of the highest quality and their authenticity is guaranteed.
Tel: 0773-2893 008
Address: Opposite Sleeping Budda Rock, 12, Taohuajiang Road, Guilin
Place & Transport: Guilin
Today's Activities: Minority village and Longsheng Terraced Field
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Longji Ping'an Restaurant
- Minority village and Longsheng Terraced Field: The Longji Terraces are built into the steep mountain range named "The Dragon's Backbone" about 2.5 hours from Guilin. The terraces look like ribbons as they wind from the foot to the top of the mountain. This ingenious construction makes best use of the scarce arable land and water resources in the mountainous area. There are about 66 square kilometers of terraced fields in the district. The Terraces were first built in the Yuan dynasty and completed in the Qing dynasty by the Zhuang people. Zhuang and Yao minority villages dot the area and feature traditional unique architecture where no nails are used in construction. The different minority customs and dressing styles are especially interesting. Sedan chairs are available from the parking lot to the top of the mountain for customers who would like to see the great views but do not wish to climb all the way up to the top; it takes about CNY350 per person for the round trip.
- Longji Ping'an Restaurant: Ping'an restaurant is one of the popular restaurants in Longji terrace, which is located half way up of the terrace field and will take some steps to get there. The restaurant mainly serves Guilin local dishes and is especially famous for roasted Bamboo Rice and fresh vegetables.
Place & Transport: Guilin to Yangshuo
Today's Activities: Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo., Yangshuo Countryside Cycling
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo. (4 hours): A cruise along the Li River between Guilin and Yangshuo is an unforgettable experience. As you take in the stunning scenery, there's something interesting to see at almost every bend in the river. Between spectacular limestone peaks you'll see graceful bamboo groves, farmers tending rice paddies, and lumbering water buffaloes pulling carts or cooling off in the river. You may see fishermen gliding along on their narrow bamboo rafts, and if you're very lucky you might see one of the famous fishing cormorants. Boats depart from various wharves, according to the height of the river at different times of the year.The Li river cruise is by a medium size boat which can accommodate about 140 passengers.
- Yangshuo Countryside Cycling: Experience the hustle & bustle of the Yangshuo traffic for 10 minutes before you escape onto the country roads, lanes and tracks of the distinctive and beautiful Yangshuo countryside. Biking alongside the paddy field and orchards that surround the famous mountains will give a fascinating insight into life in rural China. You will have a family visit on the half way. It is an opportunity to see a real country life and talk to the local farmers.
Place & Transport: Yangshuo to Guilin to Shanghai, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Yangshuo to Guilin, Tai Chi Experience in Yangshuo, Airport Transfer (Guilin), Airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at cafe Del Moon
- cafe Del Moon: Cafe Del Moon is one of the most popular restaurants in Yangshuo West Street, it serve western cuisine especially for firewood pizza, as well as variety of ground coffee are provided in the restaurants, people can choose to take the upstairs seat to enjoy the surrounding mountain scenery.
Tai Chi Experience in Yangshuo:
Tai chi is an internal martial art system which places emphasis on the development and control of Chi (Consciousness) energy within the body. Today, you will be able to practice Taiji in a park with a mountain backdrop. Your teacher will share some basic skills as an introduction to the art.
What happens during the class?
1. Full illustration of Tai chi by Tai Chi master.
2. Demonstration by Yang Style Tai Chi master.
3. Tutor to learn Tai Chi Quan
4. After class, experimenters are invited to compete doing Tai Chi.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$1,479||$1,399||$1,319||$245 / $158 / $81 /|
|6-9 Persons||$1,229||$1,129||$1,059||$245 / $158 / $81 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$1,539||$1,449||$1,329||$297 / $221 / $81 /|
|6-9 Persons||$1,299||$1,199||$1,069||$297 / $221 / $81 /|
Tour Length: 4 Days
Attractions: Reed Flute Cave, Jiangtou Village in Jiuwu Town, Minority village and Longsheng Terraced Field, Li River Cruise, Yangshuo Countryside Cycling
||Guilin Bravo Hotel
||Guilin Osmanthus Hotel
||New Century Hotel
||Yangshuo Aiyuan Hotel
|Yangshuo||Green Lotus Hotel
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Shanghai, Guilin, Longsheng, Yangshuo by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Shanghai To Guilin Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Guilin To Shanghai Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.