- Reed Flute Cave (1 hour): Located 5 kilometers northwest of Guilin city, the Reed Flute Cave gets the name from the reeds used for making flutes and pipes that grow at its entrance. The cave is regarded as the largest and most impressive cave in Guilin. It is 240 meters long, and the length of the tour is about 550 meters offering a magic land of stalactites, stalagmites, stone pillars, stone curtains, birds, plants and animals in fantastic shapes and colors. The visit lasts for 40 minutes and there are a lot of steps. Watch your step as the lights are dim. You guide will show you by electric torch.
- Jiangtou Village in Jiuwu Town: Located at north, 32 km far from Guilin city, Jiangtou Village is reputed as one of seven the most valuable ancient villages in China. It has more than 620 residents’ houses built in Ming and Qing Dynasties with 800 years history. What is interesting is that 90 percent of residents there share the same family name—Zhou. According to history, most of them are descendants of Zhou Dunyi, a famous scholar of Neo-Confucianism and writer in Northern Song Dynasty. People there show the highest respect for education, and there were over 160 successful candidates in imperial exams of different levels during the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Ancient well, long alleys, stone arch bridge, exquisite wooden carvings bring you back to ancient time.
- Minority village and Longsheng Terraced Field: The Longji Terraces are built into the steep mountain range named "The Dragon's Backbone" about 2.5 hours from Guilin. The terraces look like ribbons as they wind from the foot to the top of the mountain. This ingenious construction makes best use of the scarce arable land and water resources in the mountainous area. There are about 66 square kilometers of terraced fields in the district. The Terraces were first built in the Yuan dynasty and completed in the Qing dynasty by the Zhuang people. Zhuang and Yao minority villages dot the area and feature traditional unique architecture where no nails are used in construction. The different minority customs and dressing styles are especially interesting. Sedan chairs are available from the parking lot to the top of the mountain for customers who would like to see the great views but do not wish to climb all the way up to the top; it takes about CNY350 per person for the round trip.
- Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo. (4 hours): A cruise along the Li River between Guilin and Yangshuo is an unforgettable experience. As you take in the stunning scenery, there's something interesting to see at almost every bend in the river. Between spectacular limestone peaks you'll see graceful bamboo groves, farmers tending rice paddies, and lumbering water buffaloes pulling carts or cooling off in the river. You may see fishermen gliding along on their narrow bamboo rafts, and if you're very lucky you might see one of the famous fishing cormorants. Boats depart from various wharves, according to the height of the river at different times of the year.The Li river cruise is by a medium size boat which can accommodate about 140 passengers.
- Yangshuo Countryside Cycling: Experience the hustle & bustle of the Yangshuo traffic for 10 minutes before you escape onto the country roads, lanes and tracks of the distinctive and beautiful Yangshuo countryside. Biking alongside the paddy field and orchards that surround the famous mountains will give a fascinating insight into life in rural China. You will have a family visit on the half way. It is an opportunity to see a real country life and talk to the local farmers.
Tai Chi Experience in Yangshuo:
Tai chi is an internal martial art system which places emphasis on the development and control of Chi (Consciousness) energy within the body. Today, you will be able to practice Taiji in a park with a mountain backdrop. Your teacher will share some basic skills as an introduction to the art.
What happens during the class?
- 1. Full illustration of Tai chi by Tai Chi master.
- 2. Demonstration by Yang Style Tai Chi master.
- 3. Tutor to learn Tai Chi Quan
- 4. After class, experimenters are invited to compete doing Tai Chi.