Airport Transfer (Guilin)
- Minority village and Longsheng Terraced Field: The Longji Terraces are built into the steep mountain range named "The Dragon's Backbone" about 2.5 hours from Guilin. The terraces look like ribbons as they wind from the foot to the top of the mountain. This ingenious construction makes best use of the scarce arable land and water resources in the mountainous area. There are about 66 square kilometers of terraced fields in the district. The Terraces were first built in the Yuan dynasty and completed in the Qing dynasty by the Zhuang people. Zhuang and Yao minority villages dot the area and feature traditional unique architecture where no nails are used in construction. The different minority customs and dressing styles are especially interesting. Sedan chairs are available from the parking lot to the top of the mountain for customers who would like to see the great views but do not wish to climb all the way up to the top; it takes about CNY350 per person for the round trip.
- Longsheng Hot Spring National Park : Situated in Longsheng is a multi-ethnic county near Guilin. Longsheng Hot Springs National Forest Park is 132 kilometers (about 82 miles) northwest of Guilin. Covering an area of 260 hectares (about 642 acres), the park boasts a dense primeval forest with rare animals and plants, as well as its famous hot springs. The best known attractions in the park are the sixteen hot springs. These springs spout over 1,200 meters from underground river at water temperatures ranging from 45C (113F) to 58C(136F). The waters contain various elements including zinc, manganese, lithium, strontium and iron that are beneficial to health. Bathing in the springs is not only good for your heath, but reputedly, can alleviate diseases such as rheumatism as well as certain skin conditions. Unlike other hot springs, the water here is so pure that it can be drunk directly from the source. It is modern a complex which offers a range of baths, massage services, saunas and swimming pools. No wonder that Longsheng is the most famous hot springs in southern China.
How to enjoy the springs?
- Take a shower before you enter the spring.
- Leave your clothes in the basket in the changing room with your bath towel, or leave them in the hotel room and wear the bathrobe that is provided by the Resort.
- Swim suits are necessary.
- Enter the hot spring and soak for a while. Note that the bath water can be very hot (typical temperatures are 40 to 44 degrees). If it feels too hot, try to enter very slowly and move as little as possible.
- After soaking for a while, get out of the hot spring and try the pool which is at room temperature pool, or stand for a while to cool down. Re-enter the hot pool and soak some more.
- After finishing, do not rinse your body with tap water. Allow the minerals form the hot spring to have their full effect on your body.
- Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo. (4 hours): A cruise along the Li River between Guilin and Yangshuo is an unforgettable experience. As you take in the stunning scenery, there's something interesting to see at almost every bend in the river. Between spectacular limestone peaks you'll see graceful bamboo groves, farmers tending rice paddies, and lumbering water buffaloes pulling carts or cooling off in the river. You may see fishermen gliding along on their narrow bamboo rafts, and if you're very lucky you might see one of the famous fishing cormorants. Boats depart from various wharves, according to the height of the river at different times of the year.The Li river cruise is by a medium size boat which can accommodate about 140 passengers.
Countryside Tour from Yangshuo to Aishan With Open-air Mini Bus: After half hour's drive from Yangshuo County,you will arrive at Aishan Village where you can witness the beautiful farming scene dotted by farmers and water buffalos. The quaint dissolved limestone hills, charming water and large pieces of paddy fields, like a Chinese landscapes painting, will highly feast your eyes.
- Reed Flute Cave (1 hour): Located 5 kilometers northwest of Guilin city, the Reed Flute Cave gets the name from the reeds used for making flutes and pipes that grow at its entrance. The cave is regarded as the largest and most impressive cave in Guilin. It is 240 meters long, and the length of the tour is about 550 meters offering a magic land of stalactites, stalagmites, stone pillars, stone curtains, birds, plants and animals in fantastic shapes and colors. The visit lasts for 40 minutes and there are a lot of steps. Watch your step as the lights are dim. You guide will show you by electric torch.
- Elephant Trunk Hill (40 minutes): Elephant Trunk Hill is located at the junction of Li River and Peach Blossom River. It is the symbol of Guilin with 55 meters high and got its name because its shape resembles an elephant with its trunk drinking from the Li River. The hill is pierced with many caves and topped with a small pagoda.