Guilin Off The Beaten Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Guilin
We want to thank China Highlights, especially you, for re-arranging everything and making our stay in guilin and yanshuo a smooth and pleasant one. I Read more
Nancy Jul. 02, 2010
Feast on the best that Guilin has to offer in 3 short days. Venture into the Jiangtou Village to see the ancient village scenery and take a chair lift to the top of Yao Mountain - the highest mountain in the city area to get a bird's view of Guilin city.
Duration: 4 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Guilin, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Guilin), Yao Mountain with roundway chair lift service
- Yao Mountain with roundway chair lift service: Yao Mountain lies in the east of Guilin, 12 km away from the downtown. The top peak is 909 meters high and 760 meters by relative height and is the biggest and the highest mountain in Guilin.Tourist can have a panoramic view on the peak, and also can enjoy azalea blossom in spring all over the mountain.
Place & Transport: Guilin
Today's Activities: Reed Flute Cave, Elephant Trunk Hill, Fubo Hill, Seven Star Park (including the panda house), Pearl Culture Shop
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at McFound Restaurant
- Reed Flute Cave (1 hour): Located 5 kilometers northwest of Guilin city, the Reed Flute Cave gets the name from the reeds used for making flutes and pipes that grow at its entrance. The cave is regarded as the largest and most impressive cave in Guilin. It is 240 meters long, and the length of the tour is about 550 meters offering a magic land of stalactites, stalagmites, stone pillars, stone curtains, birds, plants and animals in fantastic shapes and colors. The visit lasts for 40 minutes and there are a lot of steps. Watch your step as the lights are dim. You guide will show you by electric torch.
- Elephant Trunk Hill (40 minutes): Elephant Trunk Hill is located at the junction of Li River and Peach Blossom River. It is the symbol of Guilin with 55 meters high and got its name because its shape resembles an elephant with its trunk drinking from the Li River. The hill is pierced with many caves and topped with a small pagoda.
- Fubo Hill: Fubo Hill is on the west bank of the Li River in the city center. Partially submerged in the river it was named after General Fubo of the Tang Dynasty who built Mayuan Temple on the hill. Because of its location and height, Fubo Hill can tame the waves and stop the surging waters which then form whirlpools. It is 213 meters above sea level and 62 meters above ground level. There are almost 350 steps to climb to reach top of hill and but then you can enjoy a birds eye view of Guilin city.
- Seven Star Park (including the panda house): Situated on the eastern side of the Li River, it is the biggest park inside Guilin city. Its takes its name from Seven Star Hill which consists of seven peaks which are said to resemble the star pattern of the Ursa Major (Big Dipper) constellation. Attractions in the park include Flowers Bridge, Camel Hill and much more. The Panda House features a number of beautiful pandas.
- Pearl Culture Shop: Guilin is fortunate to have a company that is licensed by the Government to both grow and sell pearls. The Pearls are cultivated in the clean waters of the South China Sea off the coast of Guangxi province and then transported to Guilin for processing and to be created in the superb jewelry that you will see exhibited. You will also learn how to tell the difference between real and fake pearls and well as seeing the production process. Pearls purchased here will be of the highest quality and their authenticity is guaranteed.
Tel: 0773-2893 008
Address: Opposite Sleeping Budda Rock, 12, Taohuajiang Road, Guilin
- McFound Restaurant: A restaurant which decorated in traditional northern style, with wheaten food of full aroma and household atmosphere of authentic culture, is warmly welcome for customers.
Place & Transport: Guilin
Today's Activities: Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo. (4 hours): A cruise along the Li River between Guilin and Yangshuo is an unforgettable experience. As you take in the stunning scenery, there's something interesting to see at almost every bend in the river. Between spectacular limestone peaks you'll see graceful bamboo groves, farmers tending rice paddies, and lumbering water buffaloes pulling carts or cooling off in the river. You may see fishermen gliding along on their narrow bamboo rafts, and if you're very lucky you might see one of the famous fishing cormorants. Boats depart from various wharves, according to the height of the river at different times of the year.The Li river cruise is by a medium size boat which can accommodate about 140 passengers.
Place & Transport: Depart Guilin, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Jiangtou Village in Jiuwu Town, Hotel to airport Transfer (Guilin)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Taste Made Restaurant(A La Carte)
- Jiangtou Village in Jiuwu Town: Located at north, 32 km far from Guilin city, Jiangtou Village is reputed as one of seven the most valuable ancient villages in China. It has more than 620 residents’ houses built in Ming and Qing Dynasties with 800 years history. What is interesting is that 90 percent of residents there share the same family name—Zhou. According to history, most of them are descendants of Zhou Dunyi, a famous scholar of Neo-Confucianism and writer in Northern Song Dynasty. People there show the highest respect for education, and there were over 160 successful candidates in imperial exams of different levels during the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Ancient well, long alleys, stone arch bridge, exquisite wooden carvings bring you back to ancient time.
- Taste Made Restaurant(A La Carte): Taste Made Restaurant is an avant-courier of creating a new concept of cuisine in Guilin. Located at riverside, it is demonstrated in modern style, preparing the meals that are as pleasing the palate as the eye. It customizes for customers' taste by uniting Chinese and Western cookery, which will leave you a fantastic memory of dining.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$699||$599||$529||$245 / $135 / $81 /|
|6-9 Persons||$519||$419||$369||$245 / $135 / $81 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$799||$659||$539||$324 / $198 / $81 /|
|6-9 Persons||$619||$499||$369||$324 / $198 / $81 /|
Tour Length: 4 Days
Attractions: Reed Flute Cave, Elephant Trunk Hill, Fubo Hill, Seven Star Park, Li River Cruise, Yangshuo Countryside Cycling, Jiangtou Village of Jiuwu Town
||Guilin Bravo Hotel
||Guilin Osmanthus Hotel
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Guilin by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.