Essence Of Hanoi And Halong Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Hanoi
Hanoi has an abundance of attractions from museums to tranquil gardens and Ha Long Bay looks has been the inspiration for artist for centuries. These are must-see sites while in Vietnam.
Duration: 4 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Hanoi, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Hanoi), Vietnam Museum of Ethnology, Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Lake,
Meals: Chinese Lunch
- Vietnam Museum of Ethnology: Vietnam Museum of Ethnology is an informative museum about Vietnam cultural diversity.
- Old Quarter: At the beginning of the 20th century the city consisted of only about 36 streets, most of which are now part of the old quarter.
Packed with charming colonial architecture, Buddhist temples and pagodas, the Old Quarter, located near Hoan Kiem Lake in Hoan Kiem District, is Hanoi’s major commercial district. Its heart and soul is exposed in the ancient commercial streets which are named after their original businesses dating back about 1,000 years. Though most of the specialties (cotton, jewellery, herbs, and silk) have changed over time and have been replaced with a variety of modern-day commodities and services, visitors can still appreciate some of the original goods as well as get a feel of rich old Vietnamese customs.
- Hoan Kiem Lake (40 minutes): The Hoan Kiem Lake is situated in the heart of the booming capital of Vietnam, embedded in trees, flowers and a fair promenade. The origin of the lakes name - lake of the returned sword - can be traced back to a legend from the 15th century, which is the provenance for the cultural meaning of the lake. The adoration of the Vietnamese people for the lake and especially for the turtle that is living in it and which species is threatened by extinction, requires precaution concerning any works near and in the lake.Due to central location in the metropolis Hanoi the lake was exposed to strong pollution. At the beginning of the 19th century the area was settled by various manufactures, whose wastewater was piped into the lake. These wastewaters contained lots of pollutants, but also sand and dust, forming now enormous sludge layers in the lake. The water volume as well as the water quality have been changing for the worse.
Place & Transport: Hanoi to Halong
Today's Activities: Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum, One pillar pagoda, Temple of Literature, Our guide and driver will escort you from Hanoi to Halong
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum (40 minutes): This is the final resting place of the great leader, enclosed in a glass sarcophagus. A fascinating place to ponder his life, as well as observe the reactions of the local people to his embalmed body. It was actually Ho Chi Minh's express wish to be cremated so this presents an extra frisson to the place. Very strict rules on dress and behavior apply and photography is forbidden. The mausoleum is closed for three months of the year, normally from September onwards.
- Temple of Literature (40 minutes): This ancient Confucian sanctuary is now considered one of Hanoi's finest historical sites. The temple is based on Confucius' birthplace at Qufu in the Chinese province of Shandong. It consists of five courtyards lined out in order, entrance to the first, via the impressive twin-tiered Văn Miếu gate, leads to three pathways that run the length of the complex.
Place & Transport: Halong to Hanoi
Today's Activities: Ha Long Bay Cruise, Our guide and driver will escort you from Halong to Hanoi
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Ha Long Bay Cruise: Ha Long Bay consists of a dense cluster of over 3,000 limestone monolithic islands (although locals claim there are only 1,969 as this is the year of Ho Chi Minh's death).
Viewed from above, Ha Long Bay looks like an extremely vivid huge drawing, and sailing beneath the bay is like leisuring in between a huge valley on water. Ha Long bay is exactly a wonderfully skilful masterpiece of Nature that turns thousands of dumb soulless stone islands into fantastic sculptural and artistic works of various graceful shapes, both familiar and strange to human beings. Thousands of islands emerging in the fanciful waves look strong and magnificent but also mild and vivid. Amidst these islands tourists may feel as if they were astrayed in a petrified legendary world.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
Tour Length: 4 Days
Attractions: Vietnam Museum of Ethnology, Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Lake, Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum, Temple of Literature, Ha Long Bay Cruise
|Hanoi||Sofitel Plaza Hanoi
||Star View Hotel
|Hanoi||Sofitel Plaza Hanoi
||Star View Hotel
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Hanoi, Halong by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.