The Nadam Grassland Festival Of Mongolia
Top Tours in Beijing
- 3 -Day Tianjin Tour from Beijing by High-speed Railway $ 468
- 3 -Day High-speed Railway Experience from Beijing to Shanghai $ 728
- 6 -Day Beijing Private Tour Especially for Women $ 836
- 8 -Day Adventure Tibet tour with Mt. Everest Camp from Beijing $ 2474
- 1 -Day Beijing & Xian Highlights Tour $ 486
- 2 -Day Jinshanling, Simatai Great Wall Hiking Trip $ 406
Enjoy the Nadam Grassland festival, which is held between summer and autumn from July to August when the flowers are blooming, the grass is green, and the cattle and sheep are well-fed. The activities include song and dance performances and traditional sporting competitions.
Jul 24th, 2013(Travel in a group with minimum of 2 adults)
Duration: 4 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Hohhot, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Hohhot), Dazhao Lamasery, The Inner Mongolia Museum, Huhhot Mengliang Minmao CO.LTD
Meals: Chinese Lunch at Grassland Xingfa restaurants
- Dazhao Lamasery (1.5 hours): Situated in Dazhao-qian Street, Yuquan District, Hohhot, the Dazhao Lamasery was built by Alatan Khan--chief of Tumd Mongolian Tribe in the 7th year of Wanli Age of the Ming Dynasty. It is the oldest and best known of all lamaseries of Geluk Tibetan Buddhism as well as the biggest and most complete wooden structure ever built in Hohhot which is still retaining its former grandeur today. The Lamasery boasts a large collection of religious and cultural relics, among which the silver statue of Buddha, dragon sculpture and frescos are the most cherished treasures.
- The Inner Mongolia Museum: The Inner Mongolia Museum is a regional-level museum focused on collecting artifacts relating to ethnic history especially the northern tribes called Xiongnu, Xianbei, Qidan, Mongolians and others. It holds 44,000 objects among which quite a few are rare treasures seldom seen in China. Besides this, the museum is renowned for its extensive collection of massive dinosaurs, mastodons, and many other kinds of fossilized remains from the Mesozoic period that have attracted global attention.
- Huhhot Mengliang Minmao CO.LTD : Hohhot, Inner Mongolia Meng Liang Trade Co., Ltd. was established in the public in 1989, mainly based on the production of national handicrafts enterprises. At present, more than 1000 kinds of products have been found all over the country, are exported abroad, at home and abroad by tourists and collectors love. With the deepening development of cultural exchanges with foreign countries, the capital of Hohhot, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region has become national handicraft production line together with beautiful scenery.
Address: yongsheng road huhhot
- Grassland Xingfa restaurants : The Grassland Xingfa Restaurants serves Mongolian cuisine and elegant decore.
Accommodations: Jinnangang Hotel
Place & Transport: Hohhot
Today's Activities: Plain pasturing area, Gegentala Grassland, Nadam Fair
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
- Gegentala Grassland (4 hours): Gegenda Prairie is 145 km from Hohhot. With luxuriant grasses, undulating hills, abundant lakes, grazing horses and sheep, the seemingly endless grassland resembles a beautiful painting and has the feel of an otherworldly place. Visitors can enjoy the beauty of the grassland on horseback, experience camel riding, listen to shepherds sing, learn about customs and manners of the Mongolian people, enjoy performances and sample ethnic foods.
- Nadam Fair: Nadam Fair was held for large-scale sacrificial activities and to pray for blessings from Manito. Now, activities like wrestling, horseracing, and archery (the three skills all Mongolian men should master) are the primary role of the fair.The fair finishes with a bonfire party during the night when the young people singing and dancing.
Accommodations: Mongolia Yurt
Place & Transport: Hohhot to Baotou to Erdos
Today's Activities: , Our guide and driver will escort you from Hohhot to Baotou, Our guide and driver will escort you from Baotou to Erdos, Resonant Sand Bay, 20-minute Camel Riding in the Desert
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Mongolian Big Camp Restaurant : Mongolian Big Camp Restaurant is one of the most famous restaurants in Erdos. It specializes in Mongolian cuisine and highly recommended by customers for its good food and reasonable prices.
- Resonant Sand Bay (3 hours): Shaxiangwan Tourist Area is featured by its amazing desert landscape and the whispering sand dunes. Besides, there are also the sand lake and the oasis, etc. The sand dunes stretch as far as the eye can see and form a magnificent landscape.Recently scholars proposed scientific principles to explore its cause of formation. However, no substantial progress was achieved.
- 20-minute Camel Riding in the Desert: The Camel is lead for safety reasons on this 20-minute ride. Sunglasses, hat are recommended when you take this nomad-life experience.
Accommodations: Minsheng hotel
Place & Transport: Erdos to Baotou to Departure City, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Erdos to Baotou, Genghis Khan's Mausoleum, Airport Transfer (Baotou)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Genghis Khan's Mausoleum (2 hours): Genghis Khan's Mausoleum, rebuilt in 1954 185 kilometers south of Baotou, is a mausoleum, in which only his clothing is buried in memory of the great leader. The 5.5 hectares mausoleum includes three giant yurt halls which house coffins of the Khan, his wife, his son and his generals.
- Erdos Sulide Hotel : The restaurant in Erdos Sulide Hotel is one of the most famous restaurants in Erdos. It specializes in Mongolian cuisine and is highly recommended by customers for its good food and reasonable prices.
Departure Dates and Prices Currency Converter
|Departure Dates||Price Per Person||Hotel Single Supplement||Availability|
|Jul 24 - Jul 27||$799||$159|
Hotel We Selected for This Tour
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Hohhot, Baotou, Erdos by shared coach with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above). Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.