Hong Kong & Xian Essence Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
This tour takes you to "The Pearl of the Orient"- Hong Kong and then the Ancient Capital Xian to witness the Entombed Warriors and other historical sites.
Duration: 6 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Hong Kong, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Hong Kong)
Place & Transport: Hong Kong
Today's Activities: Half day Hong Kong Island Orientation Drive to Victoria Peak, Aberdeen, Repulse Bay(meals not inclusive)
--Half day Hong Kong Island Orientation Drive to Victoria Peak, Aberdeen, Repulse Bay(meals not inclusive) : You will be picked up from your hotel by your guide who will accompany you on your tour. The tour will last a time of maximum 5 hours. Hong Kong is a fascinating combination of East and West but it has its own unique and distinctive culture. Your half day tour will take in Victoria Peak, Hong Kong's number one tourist destination. It features the 112 year old Peak Tram and Hong Kong's most unusual building, The Peak Tower. Next stop is Aberdeen Harbor which is home to hundreds of people living on fishing junks. If you would like close up look at this unusual way of life, you can take a sampan ride (US$10-12). Repulse Bay is the last stop today; it is one of Hong Kong's most exclusive residential areas. (meals not inclusive)
Place & Transport: Hong Kong to Xian, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Hong Kong), Airport Transfer (Xian)
Place & Transport: Xian
Today's Activities: The Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Xi'an Imperial Fine Arts center
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at A Wa Shan Zhai Restaurant(Qinling Branch)
- The Terracotta Warriors and Horses (2 hours): Discovered accidentally in 1974, this incredible army of over 7000 soldiers, archers, horses and chariots in full battle array has guarded Emperor Qin's tomb since 210BC. Each figure is unique, and the painstaking repair and excavation continues in 3 pits which are protected inside huge hangars. 1.5 hours from Xian, there is also an excellent museum and film about the history of the vaults. Photos (no flash) are allowed. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Big Wild Goose Pagoda (1 hour): A major Buddhist site, the simple, elegant brick Pagoda stands in the grounds of the attractive Da Ci'en Temple. The Pagoda was built in the 7th century to house the Buddhist materials that Xuanzang (Tripitaka) brought back from his epic journey to India. The Temple complex has several large halls with some great Buddhist statues and murals.
- A Wa Shan Zhai Restaurant(Qinling Branch): A Wa Shan Zhai Restaurant was established in 2004, mainly specializes in Hunan and Sichuan cuisine. It provides delicacy by using the material from Shanxi, obtaining a nationwide reputation from customers. It would be a nice choice to dine while traveling the nearby Terra cotta Warriors and Horses.
- Xi'an Imperial Fine Arts center: Xi'an Imperial Fine Arts mainly manufactures jade carvings and lacquer ware. Tourists can learn how the fine Chinese jade carved and the function of jade.
Place & Transport: Xian
Today's Activities: Shaanxi History Museum, Xian City Wall with Bicycle, Great Mosque, Muslim Quarters
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Qianzhou Restaurant (Xiao Yanta Branch)
- Shaanxi History Museum (1.5 hours): The history of Shaanxi is said to be the history of China, and this museum is quite simply one of the nation's best. Four major galleries in large, Tang-style buildings house a vast and impressive collection, beautifully displayed. Most of the item labels are in English, although some other information on the exhibitions is not, but your guide can help here. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Xian City Wall with Bicycle (1.5 hours): The walls, ramparts, gates and watchtowers form one of the oldest and most complete city defenses still around. Built in the 13th century on the foundations of the original Tang Forbidden City surrounding the city centre, it is a major landmark, and the best preserved, as well as the oldest and largest of the city defense systems in China. We operate this with bicycle. If the weather is not good for biking on the city wall, we will substitute a visit to the Bell Tower. Your guide will be very glad to take you the Bell Tower after you have been to look at the city wall.
- Great Mosque (1 hour): In the heart of Xian's Muslim quarter, close to the city centre, this is one of the largest Islamic mosques in China. Remarkable for the combination of Chinese architecture with Islamic practice, the courtyards align from east to west facing Mecca. The pavilions, halls and gateways are wonderfully decorated, and this is an active place of worship for the Hui descendants of Silk Road traders and travelers.
- Muslim Quarters (1 hour): The Muslim quarters lies 100 meters west of the Bell tower in downtown Xi'an. The 500 meters long avenue paved by bluestones are dotted with many unique stall, souvenir shop, café and bars which are mostly run by Muslim people. Tourists, especially from overseas come and shop here.
- Qianzhou Restaurant (Xiao Yanta Branch): Qianzhou Restaurant is well-known for its local flavors and ingredients originating from Qian County. The style, Qianzhou Four Treasures is considered to be famous nationally. The specialties are of ancient origin from the Tang Dynasty and leave customers with great culinary memories.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$1,609||$1,499||$1,259||$578 / $462 / $310 /|
|6-9 Persons||$1,359||$1,239||$1,009||$578 / $462 / $310 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$1,739||$1,559||$1,299||$682 / $509 / $323 /|
|6-9 Persons||$1,499||$1,309||$1,039||$682 / $509 / $323 /|
Destinations: Hong Kong
Tour Length: 6 Days
Attractions: Terracotta Warriors, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Forest of Stone Steles Museum, Xian City Wall, Gao's Courtyard(includes Shadow Play), Banpo Museum
|Hong Kong||Harbour Grand Kowloon
||YMCA of Hong Kong
||Metropark Hotel Kowloon
|Xian||Sofitel on Renmin Square Xian
||Grand Noble Hotel
||Xian Skytel Hotel
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Hong Kong, Xian by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Hong Kong To Xian Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.