Dim Sum Cooking Class Tour
Dim Sum, with a long tradition in China, is the most popular star of Hong Kong cuisine culture. During this private half day tour, you can not only visit the well-known Victoria Peak to overlook Hong Kong, but also join a Dim Sum Cooking Class to learn the essence of Hong Kong food culture.
- Tour Code: HKALC-6
- Tour Duration: 4 hours
- Highlights: Victoria Peak (with one-way Peak Tram), Dim Sum Cooking Class
- Departure Time: Morning or afternoon, whenever you choose! Flexible for flight stopover more than 8 hours.
In the morning, your private English-speaking guide will pick you up from your hotel. The starting time is flexible for you to decide. Your guide will call you at the hotel one day in advance or leave a message to double-check the collection time with you.
Your first stop is Victoria Peak, which is also the highest peak of Hong Kong. Victoria Peak has a beautiful landscape and is now becoming a high level residential area. It is Hong Kong’s premier tourist destination. It features the 112-old-year Peak Tram and Hong Kong’s most unusual building, the Peak Tower, which is the terminal building of the Peak Tram, the destination of Madame Tussauds and the best place to overlook the city.
Good to know:
One way Peak Tram (8 minutes) is included. Your guide will purchase the ticket for you in advance to save your time, but during peak season, you will still need to queue for about 8 to 20 minutes to take the tram. Your experienced guide will adjust the itinerary flexibly to minimize the waiting time.
After the tour, Dim Sum Cooking Class is arranged for you to learn how to make dim sum and experience the Hong Kong cuisine culture.
Time: 12:00-14:00 (2 hours)
Class Content: One hour cooking class for learning to make three types of Dim Sum. Then one hour dim sum set meal for lunch. The reference menu includes cartoon dim sum you make, steamed pork dumpling, pan fried pork and vegetable bun, poached Chinese cabbage and rolled rice cake with red bean.
Choices for Dum Sum: Deep-Fried Spring Roll in Squid Shape, Penguins Dumplings, Shrimp Dumplings, Crab Dumplings, Sea Horse Dumplings, Nemo Dumplings, Shrimp Dumplings in Rabbit Shape.
After the meal, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
1. For adults and children (2+ years old), the tour cost is the same as adult's. For babies and toddlers (under 2 years of age), no tour cost is needed.
2. Class will be held at least 4 persons or more. It is welcomed for group of 10 or more people to form private class.
If there are less than 4 people in your group, price per person is as below:
1 person: US$739
2 people: US$371
3 people: US$249
- Entrance to scenic spots listed in the itinerary
- Private English-speaking guide
- Private transfer between attractions with an air-conditioned coach (28 seats/45 seats), including collection and return to your hotel
- One-way Peak Tram at Victoria Peak
- The class will provide chef (Cantonese-speaking, your guide will translate for you), ingredients, cooking materials, recipe, refreshment and apron during the class. Each participant will have one set of ingredient.
- Personal expenses
- Optional gratuities to your guide and driver (usually HK$100 per person for both of them)
About the Booking
1) Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
2) Confirmation will be received within one working day, unless booked within 20 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within two working days, subject to availability.
3) Cancellation less than 7 days prior to pax arrival or no show is non-refundable
4) If the class room is chartered, the cooking class will be cancelled. We will inform you and adjust the arrangements at first notice.