Pingyao Classic Tour With Mianshan Mountain Combo
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Jinzhong
Visit the famous ancient town - Pingyao, which is listed on the world heritages. Escape to Mianshan Mountain to see its natural and cultural scenes offering a unique experience.
Duration: 4 Days
Be picked up from Bus or Train Station by your guide.
Place & Transport: Pingyao to Jinzhong to Pingyao
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Pingyao to Jinzhong, Mian Mountain, Our guide and driver will escort you from Jinzhong to Pingyao
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Local Restaurant
- Mian Mountain (3 hours): Mian Mountain is the birthplace of national cultural heritage. The mountain is noted for its natural and cultural scenes, especially for its cultural relics, including Cold Food culture, Buddhist culture, Taoist culture and health preservation culture. Covering an area of 75 square kilometers, the mountain is a national scenic spot with 14 tourist areas and 400 attractions. It is worth visiting in any season. Visitors are able to participate in local traditional activities and watch folk performances.
- Local Restaurant: The limited restaurant options mean that there is no choice available however our guide will organize the best available based on the season and the surroundings.
Place & Transport: Pingyao
Today's Activities: Wang Family Courtyard, Shuanglin Temple
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at CONGNINGBU RESTAURANT
- Wang Family Courtyard (2 hours): This huge and magnificent courtyard complex occupies a higher ground and overlooks a vast horizon. Its total area is about 250,000 square meters, among which 45,000 square meters (one fifth) is open to tourists, with 123 courtyards and 1118 rooms. It gathers all the major features of north China folk houses. Its building and decoration reflect the strict hierarchy back then, and the carvings and statues all imply lots of meanings and stories.
- Shuanglin Temple (1 hour): Also known as "Double Forest Temple", Shuanglin Temple is located about 20 minutes drive from Pingyao Ancient Town. Shuanglin Temple was built about 1,500 years ago, and is renowned for ancient locust trees, steles, frescos and especially the vivid and well-preserved colored-painting mud sculptures which number over 2,000.
Place & Transport: Depart Pingyao
Today's Activities: Pingyao Ancient Town, Ancient City Wall, The Rishengchang Draft Bank, The Mingqing Street
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Chengyifeng Folk-Style Hotel
- Pingyao Ancient Town: Located in the middle of Shanxi Province, this World Heritage Site is one of the four best-preserved ancient towns in China. Inside the intact Ming Dynasty city wall, there are exceptionally well-preserved buildings built in the Ming and Qing Dynasties centuries ago. You can either walk or rent a bike to see around. You can also learn the traditional Chinese art of paper cutting and watch the producing process of laquerware, and many other traditional handicrafts as well. In the evening, the town is especially beautiful with the red lanterns on, and it is very relaxing to sit and chat in one of the numerous bars.
- Ancient City Wall (2 hours): The Ancient City Wall of Pingyao was constructed nearly 3,000 years ago, and at present it still keeps the original appearance of the city wall renovated in the early Ming Dynasty which is several hundred years ago. The contruction method is simply but delicate. Its circumference is about 6,163 meters, with a height at 6 to 10 meters. There are 6 city gates, every day local people and tourists go in and out of the ancient town via the city gates.
- The Rishengchang Draft Bank (1 hour): Established in 1823, Rishengchang is the first and was the biggest draft bank in China at that time, and had been famous for "Hui Tong Tian Xia", meaning "business conneting the whole world". Rishengchang is located on the West Street of Pingyao Ancient Town. From its establishment via prosperity till its closure, it operated for over 100 years. At Rishengchang, visitors will learn about its development and how it was managed via the exhibitions.
- The Mingqing Street (1 hour): Mingqing Street is the South Avenue of Pingyao Ancient Town. Buildings and houses of the Ming and Qing Dynasties are preserved quite well, and it is the bustling area and axis of the ancient town. Over 100 shops, restaurants and bars line on this 800-meter-long ancient street. Visitors can shop for some inexpensive souvenirs, watch the ancient buildings and local life, or learn some ancient techniques of making handicrafts.
- Chengyifeng Folk-Style Hotel : Chengyifeng is representatives of classical architecture in Ming and Qing dynasty in the old city. It's Well-known at that time. It is the busiest section in the old city. consistsofshops,yards,and attics,is the oldest yards in the ancient town. in the east and adjacent to ancient town wall. And it’s a superior qualityfolk-style hotel, Changyifeng folk-style hotel maintains building style and feature in Ming and Qing dynasty.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||-||$459||- / - / $86 /|
|6-9 Persons||-||-||$299||- / - / $86 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||-||$459||- / - / $86 /|
|6-9 Persons||-||-||$299||- / - / $86 /|
Tour Length: 4 Days
Attractions: Mianshan Mountain, Wang Family Courtyard, Shuanglin Temple, Pingyao Ancient Town, Ancient City Wall, The Rishengchang Draft Bank, The Mingqing Street
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Pingyao, Jinzhong by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.