Jiuzhaigou Valley & Munigou Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Experience the Tibetan charm hidden in Jiuzhaigou Valley.Humble folks at local villages and amazing landscape of Munigou will light up your holiday.
Duration: 4 Days
Place & Transport: Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Panda Breeding and Research Center, Chengdu Kuan-zhai Lane, Airport Transfer (Jiuzhaigou)
Meals: Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
- Panda Breeding and Research Center (2.5 hours): Located 6 miles north of Chengdu City, it is home to giant pandas, red (or lesser) pandas, and other endangered species. Visit the nursery to see the highly successful breeding program, among the bamboo groves and shady walkways, and to view the pandas at rest or play. There is a panda museum where you can learn some information about giant pandas.
Note: The Panda Breeding and Research Center has a donation program which allows you take pictures with holding a panda one minute by donating RMB 2,000 Yuan (for reference only). Only 40 tourists are allowed to hold pandas a day. If you want to hold a panda, you must book it one day in advance.This program is subject to the availability of pandas on that day. Please bring enough RMB cash as payment by credit card is not accepted there.
- Chengdu Kuan-zhai Lane: It is a part of the old city in Chengdu which has been restored and renovated. This is a chance to see old Chengdu and experience the traditional lifestyle. It features Western foods and drinks, take-aways, coffee and art.
Place & Transport: Jiuzhaigou
Today's Activities: Munigou Valley, Xiaobao Village
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
- Xiaobao Village: Xiaobao Village is definitely a romantic land. Located near Munigou, Jiuzhaigou Valley, this village has been home to the Tibatens for ages. Modern lifestyle has no impact here and the traditionally laid-back folkway is remarkably-well preserved.
Place & Transport: Jiuzhaigou
Today's Activities: Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area, Rize Valley, Zechawa Valley, Shuzheng Valley
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
- Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area (8 hours): Inscribed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1992, Jiuzhaigou Valley is an invaluable present sent from above. It is part of the Min Mountains on the edge of the Tibetan Plateau.
Stretching out over 72,000 hectares, its elevation ranges widely from 2,000 to 4,500 meters (6,600 – 14,800 ft). Multi-level waterfalls, colorful lakes and snow-capped peaks are its signatures. The entire Jiuzhaigou Valley is composed of three major parts: Rize Valley, Zechawa Valley and Shuzheng Valley, each of which are dotted with numerous natural attractions. Well-noted attractions include: the Primeval Forest, Swan Lake and Panda Lake in Rize Valley; Long Lake and Five-Color Pond in Zechawa Valley; as well as Nuorilang Falls, Sleeping Dragon Lake and Reed Lake in Shuzheng Valley.
Nine Tibetan villages snuggle cozily and peacefully inside the valley, thus the name Jiuzhaigou (Nine-Village Valley).
- Rize Valley: It is noted as the best part of all Jiuzhaigou tour routes for its multi-colored lakes, highest waterfalls, treasure beaches and virgin forests. The Nuorilang waterfall is the starting spot of Rize Valley with 18 separate lakes.Going along the 18km Rize valley, there comes the Mirror Lake, Pearl lake, Peacock lake, Five-flower lake, Panda lake, Panda waterfall, Bamboo Arrow lake and Virgin Forest. Each is uniquely designed by the magic hand of nature.
- Zechawa Valley: The 18km long Zechawa Valley stretches its way from Nuorilang to the Chang(long)lake. It is the route of the highest altitude of all your Jiuzhaigou tours, featuring seasonal lakes and snow-capped peaks. Here, Jiuzhaigou will show the visitors the small but most graceful lake, five color pond, noted for its bright and distinct colors.
- Shuzheng Valley: Shuzheng Valley is reputed as the epitome of Jiuzhaigou. The Shuzheng Qun Hai (Shu Zheng Lakes) in this valley is the entrance to the beautiful and splendid Jiuzhaigou. With a total length of 13.8 kilometers, Shuzheng contains over 40 various lakes, occupied 40% of the total in Jiuzhaigou and stretching along Shuzheng Gully for 5 to 6 kilometers.The lakes reflect the shining sunshine, named respectively as: Luwei Hai (Reed Lake), Penjing Hai, Huohua Hai (Sparking Lake), Wolong Hai (Sleeping Dragon Lake), Shuzheng Waterfall, and Laohu Hai (Tiger Lake) etc. All provide visitors dream-like views.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$1,599||$1,619||$1,539||$212 / $282 / $147 /|
|6-9 Persons||$1,299||$1,359||$1,299||$212 / $282 / $147 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$2,149||$1,759||$1,619||$641 / $282 / $147 /|
|6-9 Persons||$1,819||$1,449||$1,369||$641 / $282 / $147 /|
Tour Length: 4 Days
Attractions: Panda Breeding and Research Center, Chengdu Kuan-zhai Lane, Munigou Valley, Xiaobao Village, Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area, Rize Valley, Zechawa Valley, Shuzheng Valley
|Jiuzhaigou||Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort
||Jiuzhai Resort Hotel
||The Zhonglv Hotel
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Chengdu To Jiuzhaigou Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Jiuzhaigou To Chengdu Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.