Henan Ancient Culture Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Kaifeng
- 9 -Day Exploring Henan Tour $ 1841
Visit important, ancient cultural cities in one the birthplaces of Chinese civilization - Henan Province. Get close to ancient Chinese culture at Zhengzhou, Kaifeng and Luoyang.
Duration: 4 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Zhengzhou, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Zhengzhou)
Place & Transport: Zhengzhou to Kaifeng to Zhengzhou
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Zhengzhou to Kaifeng, Iron Pagoda, Grand Xiangguo Monastery, Millennium City Park, Dragon Pavilion, Our guide and driver will escort you from Kaifeng to Zhengzhou
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Jinyuan Hotel
- Iron Pagoda (30 minutes): Kaifeng Iron Pagoda is a 13-stories pagoda, which has a history of about 1000 years. It is a symbol of Kaifeng City and it is named as the Beautiful Pagoda under the heaven.
- Grand Xiangguo Monastery (40 minutes): Daxianggguo Temple is a famous Buddhist temple in China. For hundreds of years there have been so many related legends, dramas, and fictions that Daxiangguo Temple has become well-known both at home and abroad. The stories of Xiang Couple, Mother Buddha, and Lu Zhishen pulling out a tree add to its legendary color.
- Millennium City Park (2 hours): Located on western shore of Longting Lake in Kaifeng, it is a large historical cultural theme park with an area of almost 400,000 Sqm. It was founded as a tribute to the painting The MILLENNIUM CITY PARK painted by Zhang Zeduan, a famous artist from the Northern Song Dynasty (960AD-1127AD) and opened to the public in October 28th 1998. The Theme park illustrates the social life and architecture of the people of Northern Song Dynasty. The park also contains a museum to the history of people of Jewish descent that lived in Kaifeng.
- Dragon Pavilion (1 hour): Dragon Pavilion houses a tablet "Huang Di Wan Sui" (Long Live the Emperor), thus getting the name Dragon Pavilion. A park centered on this pavilion called Longting (Dragon Pavilion) Park now has become the biggest scenic spot in Kaifeng and attracted many tourists from home and overseas. It is said that tourists who visit Kaifeng can not miss Longting (Dragon Pavilion) Park.
- Jinyuan Hotel : There are Chinese and Western restaurants in the hotel. The Chinese restaurant serves Cantonese and local cuisines.
Place & Transport: Zhengzhou to Luoyang
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Zhengzhou to Luoyang, Shaolin Temple and Pagoda Forest (including Shaolin Kungfu Show)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Dengfeng Shaolin International Hotel
- Shaolin Temple and Pagoda Forest (including Shaolin Kungfu Show) (3 hours): This temple is shrouded in legend and mystery. The origin of martial arts and kung fu is part of the mystique of Shaolin Temple and the Shaolin monks. This is probably the most famous temple in China, not only because of its long history and its role in Chinese Buddhism, but also because of its martial arts or Wushu. There is a theatre here which presents the famous Kungfu Show at 0930, 1030, 1130, 1400, 1500, and1600. It's best to get there early, as it is only a small theatre with about 200 seats.
- Dengfeng Shaolin International Hotel: There are Chinese and Western restaurants in the hotel. The Chinese Restaurant serves a variety of cuisines such as Cantonese, Sichuan and Henan cuisines.
Place & Transport: Depart Luoyang, Flight not included
Today's Activities: The National Peony Garden, Longmen Grottoes, Hotel to airport Transfer (Luoyang)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Zhenbutong Water Banquet
- The National Peony Garden: It lies in the west of the Zhonggou of the Mang Mountain, Luoyang. The National Peony Garden of Luoyang is the only garden of flowers named after the name of our country
- Longmen Grottoes (2.5 hours): 13 kilometers to the west of Luoyang, Longmen Grottoes is one of the four largest grottoes in China. Live cultural relics lie amid green mountains and serpentine rivers. As early as 1961, Longmen Grottoes had been authorized by the central government of PRC as a key national cultural relic protection unit. It was authorized in 1982 by central government as one of the 44 National Parks of China. In 2000, it was enlisted into the List of World Heritage.
- Zhenbutong Water Banquet : The restaurant was first built in late Qing Dynasty more than one hundred years ago. The building comprises five floors. The famous Luoyang Water Banquet fried dishes are served at the second floor.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||$619||$569||- / $160 / $108 /|
|6-9 Persons||-||$499||$439||- / $160 / $108 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||$639||$569||- / $179 / $108 /|
|6-9 Persons||-||$509||$439||- / $179 / $108 /|
Tour Length: 4 Days
Attractions: Iron Pagoda, Grand Xiangguo Monastery, Millennium City Park, Dragon Pavilion, Shaolin Temple & Pagoda Forest (including Shaolin Kungfu Show), Longmen Grottoes, The National Peony Garden
|Zhengzhou||Holiday Inn Zhengzhou
||Civil Aviation Hotel
|Luoyang||Peony Hotel Luoyang
||New friendship Hotel
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Zhengzhou, Kaifeng, Luoyang by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.