Karakuri Lake And Mount Muztagata Hiking Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
The hike commences on day two and last 3 days. A hike of about 9-10km per day is required which takes 5-7 hours. Hike along the Karakuri Lake and the father of glaciers – Mt. Muztagata. Visit a village of Kirgiz nationality people and explore the highland plains in Xinjiang.(Four overnight camps)
Duration: 9 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Urumqi, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Urumqi)
Place & Transport: Urumqi to Kashgar, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Erdaoqiao Market, The Xinjiang Museum, Souvenir Shop of the Great Hall of the People , Airport Transfer (Urumqi), Airport Transfer (Kashgar)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Jiamu Restaurant , Chinese Lunch at Jiamu Restaurant
- Erdaoqiao Market (1 hour): The Erdaoqiao Bazaar is the largest in Urumqi. You'll find a bustling market filled with fruit, clothing, crafts, knives, carpets and almost anything that you can imagine. On Sunday, there are more stalls and more goods to buy than any other day. The old streets around the bazaar are really worth seeing.Here is the most welcomed place by tourist especialy by ladies where they can buy some traditional yugur make up cosmetic.
- The Xinjiang Museum (2 hours): The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region Museum has collections of silver works of art, stone steles, coins and currency, ceramics, wooden articles, and paintings. One of the highlights is the well-preserved collection of 4,000-year-old corpses, unearthed along the Silk Road. A modern-style building occupying 11,000 square meters, it is located on Xibei Road, 2 km north of People's (Renmin) Park.
- Souvenir Shop of the Great Hall of the People : This factory manufactures and sells many kinds of jade articles, including Xinjiang Hetian jade, jade jewelry, and Xinjiang jade sculptures. There are also many woven rugs on sale with beautiful traditional designs.
Address: 45 North Youhao Road, Urumuqi, Xinjiang
- Jiamu Restaurant : Jiamu Restaurant is a Uygur style restaurant, mainly providing Uygur cuisine but no wine allowed while dining. The restroom is in good decoration and there is a short time for live performance during lunch time.
Place & Transport: Kashgar
Today's Activities: Zhiren Street, Id Kah Mosque, Kashgar Old Town
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Orida Culture Restaurant
- Zhiren Street (1 hour): It is close to Id Kah Mosque, an old street with an amazing range of goods being crafted for sale by hand , from strictly utilitarian cookware to exotic musical instruments. There's not much light industry in Kashgar, so everything is hand-made or imported from a very distant place. Copper, metal, porcelain, woodwork, jewellery and other goods are seen to be made and you will marvel at incredible devices like the wooden objects that prevent babies from wetting the bed.
- Id Kah Mosque (40 minutes): This 15th century mosque is one of the largest and busiest in China. At midday on Fridays around 10,000 people will gather to pray and study the Koran, and prayer 5 times/day on other days. You'll be asked to remove your shoes before entering the Main Hall, which has traditional Islamic pillars, carvings and rugs strewn over the floors. Women are adviced to cover upper arms and legs, a scarf is not compulsory, but is seen as a mark of respect. This is a must visit place for tourist in Kashgar .
- Kashgar Old Town (1 hour): Explore the maze of narrow streets in this oldest residential area of Kashgar. Houses were originally built along a natural slope, and extended over the years with many streets either fully or half-covered. Traditional Uighur life continues here in time-honoured fashion. Visit local families, see potteries, bakeries, embroidery, and local skills. There's a local Folk Museum, and yes, souvenirs are for sale but these are not rich people, a purchase is better than a gift.
- Orida Culture Restaurant : The restaurant is located near the Id Kah Mosque. It specializes in Moslem food. It is well decorated in a Uygur' style. Wine is not provided here.
Place & Transport: Kashgar to Karakuli Lake
Today's Activities: Lake Karakuli, Our guide and driver will escort you from Kashgar to Karakuli Lake
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
- Lake Karakuli (2 hours): Karakuli Lake is a sparking glacial lake located at the foot of "the Father of Glaciers" – Muztagata Mountains. A railway connnecting China with Pakistan goes by the lake. The lake is famous for its beautiful scenery and clarity. Colors of its water range from light to dark under reflection.
Walk about 9 km from Karakuri Lake to Kangxiwa. It takes about six hours. See snow covered mountains, Gobi mountains and bald rocks and the rolling grasslands of Kangxiwa. Overnight camp in the grassland.
Walk about 10 km from Kangxiwa to Yanbulak Glacier which takes about seven hours. Hike down the valley and walk on the grassland. Visit the village of the Kirgiz nationality people about halfway. Overnight camp at the foot of Mt. Muztagata.
On to the camp base of Mt. Muztagata(4700m) which takes about seven hours to walkf. It offers panoramic views of the mountain area. After a rest at the camp base, hike down to 204 which is the tourists reception center. Overnight camp in 204.
Travel to Kashgar from 204m which takes four hours. It is an easy drive. Hiking Tips: 1. Camping equipment for the overnight camps in brought from Lhasa. It is recommended to purchase a sleeping bag in Kashgar if needed. 2. Packed lunch is supplied for the 3 day hike. Breakfasts and dinners will be cooked by the cook with then group. 3. Take daily necessities and medicine and keep warm. 4. Please follow the instructions of the guide. Caution is a wise way to do stay healthy and safe.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||-||$3,339||- / - / $187 /|
|6-9 Persons||-||-||$2,309||- / - / $187 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||-||$3,349||- / - / $200 /|
|6-9 Persons||-||-||$2,319||- / - / $200 /|
Tour Length: 9 Days
Attractions: Erdaoqiao Market, Xinjiang Museum, Zhiren Street, Id Kah Mosque, Livestock Market, Kashgar Old Town, Lake Karakuli
|Urumqi||Lucky Chance Hotel
|Kashgar||Kashgar Seman Hotel
|Kashgar||Kashgar Seman Hotel