Essence Of Kathmandu Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Kathmandu
This tour provides marvelous sightseeing in Katmandu, see the ancient Palace of the Kings, the hilltop Stupa and the Pashupatinath Temple. This colorful and exotic culture is hypnotic.
Duration: 3 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Kathmandu, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Kathmandu), Kathmandu Durbar Square,
Meals: Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
- Kathmandu Durbar Square (2 hours): The Durbar Square lies in the heart of Kathmandu. Locally also called as Hanuman Dhoka Palace Square-an ancient seat of the Nepalese Royalty. The Duibar Square Complex consists of a huge Royal Square is imposing with tremendous variety of temples dedicated to different Hindu gods and goddess. Most of the buildings seen here date from 15th to 18th century. Some of the important monuments to be seen here are: Taleju temple-, Jagannath temple, Kal Bhairav, Kumari Ghar, Kasthamandap - built from the timber of a single tree.
Place & Transport: Kathmandu
Today's Activities: Swyambhunath Stupa (Monkey Temple), Boudha Nath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple, Patan City
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
- Swyambhunath Stupa (Monkey Temple) (3 hours): Located about 3k.m. west of down town Kathmandu, Swoyambhu Nath Stupa is one of the most fascinating architectural jewels of the world. This great Stoup is said to have been built around 250 B.C. The Stupa of Swoyambhunath stands on a typically stylized lotus mandala base-a long time ago believed to have originated from a legendary lake of Kathmandu Valley.This holy site in fact is the massive stupa complex ever built in Nepal. When you reach the famous site of venerated Swayambhu Stupa, you will get magnificent view of Kathmandu Valley and the breathtaking panorama of the north eastern Himalayan range.
- Boudha Nath Stupa (3 hours): Located on the trade routes between Tibet and Nepal and one of the oldest and the biggest Buddhist monuments ever built in Nepal, Boudhanath is an imposing structure standing some 36 meters tall. The Stupa stands on the massive three level mandala style Platforms surrounded by colourful private family houses. The basic feature of this great stupa is very much like that of Swoyambhunath stupa except for the final display. It is much bigger than Swoyambhu stupa and lies on the valley floor whereas the former stands on the hill top. This stupa is said to have been built in 5th century A. D.
- Pashupatinath Temple (1 hour): Pasupatinath with an area of 281 hectares is considered one of the holiest shrines of all the Hindu temples. The temple has remained the presiding deity of ruling Nepalese Royalty. Located on the banks of the Bagmati river, this two tiered magnificent golden temple with four triple silver doorways is unique example of the Nepalese temple architecture. It is one of the largest Hindu temple complexes in South Asia with hundreds of Shiva lingams, shrines icons of various Hindu god and goddess insides. Non Hindus are not allowed to enter this temple.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
Tour Length: 3 Days
Attractions: Durbar Square, Swyambhunath Stupa (Monkey Temple), Boudha Nath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple, Patan City
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Kathmandu by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.