Essence Of Shanghai With Putuo Island
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Ningbo
Combine a Shanghai Tour with a visit one of China's four sacred Buddhist Mountains situated on Putuo Island and of the coast of Shanghai. The three biggest Buddhism festivals are at on Feb. 19, June. 19 and Sept. 19. You can experience an atmosphere of the festival if you travel at this time.(Note: The tour price will vary during the festivals. And it is better to book early to reserve the hotels.)
Duration: 5 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: Yuyuan Garden, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, The Shanghai World Financial Center, The Bund, Jiangnan Silk Shop and Workshop
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Home's Restaurant
- Yuyuan Garden (1 hour): Yuyuan Garden is located in the center of Shanghai old quarters. It was a private garden built in 1559 during the Ming Dynasty, with typical Chinese classic architecture and style. The complex covers an area of 2 hectares, with rockeries, pavilions, ponds and corridors. Yuyuan Garden is surrounding by a busy market place, where visitors can find everything from popular local snacks, handicrafts, antiques and souvenirs to some famous time-honored restaurants.
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall (1 hour): A short walk across Renmin Square from the Shanghai Museum, this offers a fascinating insight into Shanghai's future. The 2nd floor has a giant walkaround model of the city, and other floors have great displays and interactive exhibitions.
- The Shanghai World Financial Center (40 minutes): Shanghai World Financial Center is located in Pudong District, reaching a height of 492 meters (1,615 feet). It is now a new landmark of prosperous Shanghai. It was the second tallest building in the world when it was completed in 2007. Its observation deck, at 474 meters (1,555 feet) above the ground, is currently the tallest in the world. The multi-function skyscraper consists of hotels, apartments, restaurants, shopping malls, offices and observation decks.
- The Bund (40 minutes): This 1.5-kilometer-long embankment runs along the western bank of Huangpu River. On its west side it is the "architecture gallery" with 52 well-preserved old European style buildings. Once the major trading and commercial center of old Shanghai, the Bund has now taken on new vitality, with futuristic developments, chic restaurants, top end shops and bars offer plenty to see and do-and by night it's magic!
- Jiangnan Silk Shop and Workshop: See how silk is produced from the cocoons of silk worms, and turned into the beautiful fabric we all know and love. Silk filled duvets are excellent value, and the showroom offers everything from small souvenirs to larger items. The beauty of real silk is that it's so light, and packs really easily.
Address: 289, Ao'men Road, Putuo District, Shanghai
- Home's Restaurant: Home's Restaurant is located near the Nanjing Road. It specializes in Shanghai cuisine using the best local ingredients. Smoked fish and red jujube with sticky rice are well known in Shanghai. The restaurant enjoys a great reputation with diners from many parts of China and abroad.
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Putuoshan
Today's Activities: Turbojet to Putuo Island, Our guide and driver will escort you from Shanghai to Putuoshan, Puji Temple, Fayu Temple, Mountain Putuo
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
- Turbojet to Putuo Island: You will take a turbojet from Shanghai to Putuo Isalnd. It usually takes 1.5 hours for the drive.
- Puji Temple: With a history of about 1200 years, Puji temple is the largest temple on the island. The temple can hold up more than 1000 people at the same time. There are altogether over 200 structures, including Hall of Heavenly Kings, Hall of Yuantong, and Hall of Abbot.
- Fayu Temple: With a history of about 1500 years, Fayu temple is the second largest temple on the island. It is famous for its ancient architecture, delicate wood carvings and inscribed calligraphy by ancient emperors. You can go there with the cableway or walk up the hill.
- Mountain Putuo: It is located about 100 sea miles east of the Hangzhou Bay, Zhejiang Province. It is a small island among the Zhoushan Island complex, which covers an area of 12.5 square meters. It is long and narrow with a north-south length of about 8.6 kilometers and east-west width of 3.5 kilometers. Foding Mountain, the highest part of the island, has a height of 283 meters above sea level. The Putuoshan Mountain is surrounded by the sea with charming and gentle landscape. Quiet, fantastic and unique, it is reputed as “the first pure and clean place in man's world"
Place & Transport: Putuoshan to Shanghai
Today's Activities: Purple Bamboo Forest, The Temple Of Guanyin Who Refuses To Leave, Our guide and driver will escort you from Putuoshan to Shanghai,
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Purple Bamboo Forest: Purple Bamboo Forest is on the topside of the Cave of Tidal Sound. Although the purple bamboo isn't as exciting as it sounds, there is a little temple worth seeing. There is also a thousand armed, thousand eyed Guanyin inside.
- The Temple Of Guanyin Who Refuses To Leave: The Temple Of Guanyin Who Refuses To Leave is the oldest and most important temple in Putuohan. It is small and by the sea, just below the much larger than the temple in the Purple Bamboo Forest (Zizhulin). It is decorated in carvings of the Japanese monk and his Guanyin statue and has an obviously patched stele of the Dont-leave story which was smashed by the Red Guards and later retrieved from the sea.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||$899||-||- / $194 / -|
|6-9 Persons||-||$699||-||- / $194 / -|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||$929||-||- / $245 / - /|
|6-9 Persons||-||$729||-||- / $245 / - /|
Tour Length: 5 Days
Attractions: Yuyuan Garden, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, The Shanghai World Financial Center, The Bund, Puji Temple
|Shanghai||The Bund Hotel Shanghai
|Shanghai||The Bund Hotel Shanghai
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Shanghai, Putuoshan by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.