Old Shanghai Tour By Bullet Train From Beijing
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Shanghai
See the incredible symbol of modern Shanghai - the Oriental Pearl TV Tower as well as experiencing the charm of old Shanghai by walking its old alleys and much more.
Duration: 3 Days
Place & Transport: Beijing to Shanghai, Train No. G111 (Beijing South Railway Station) Dep 09:05 - Arr 14:29
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Beijing), Train station Transfer (Shanghai)
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: Yuyuan Garden, Jade Buddha Temple, Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xin Lv Bo Lang Restaurant
- Yuyuan Garden (1 hour): Yuyuan Garden is located in the center of Shanghai old quarters. It was a private garden built in 1559 during the Ming Dynasty, with typical Chinese classic architecture and style. The complex covers an area of 2 hectares, with rockeries, pavilions, ponds and corridors. Yuyuan Garden is surrounding by a busy market place, where visitors can find everything from popular local snacks, handicrafts, antiques and souvenirs to some famous time-honored restaurants.
- Jade Buddha Temple (40 minutes): Built in 1918, Jade Buddha Temple is a very popular Buddhist temple among local people. The main treasures are two statues of Buddha imported from Burma by sea. They were carved from rare single blocks of white jade adorned with precious stones. The temple is a hive of activities with monks, worshippers and visitors.
- Oriental Pearl TV Tower (1.4 hours): One of the tallest TV towers in the world, known for its distinctive spheres, or "pearls", it stands across the river from the Bund, among the exciting architecture of the east bank. On a rare clear day you can see to the mouth of the Yangtze, but even in normal conditions there are great views of Shanghai's dramatic cityscape. The Shanghai History Museum is Located now just below the Oriental TV Tower at Pudong New Area. It was formally opened to the public on July 1, 2000. There you can see the three major exhibition units reflecting Shanghai's history, modern and recent revolutionary history respectively.
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall (1 hour): A short walk across Renmin Square from the Shanghai Museum, this is a fascinating insight into Shanghai's future. The 2nd floor has a giant walkaround model of the city, and other floors have great displays, interactive exhibitions and walkthroughs of aspects such as the ports, greening, leisure etc.
- Xin Lv Bo Lang Restaurant: Lv Bo Lang Restaurant is located near the Yuyuan Garden and specializes in 4 types of Shanghai-style food, Shanghai-style snacks, shark's fin dishes and crab feasts. The restaurant has hosted heads of state from more than 40 foreign countries including President Clinton.
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Beijing, Train No. G152 (Beijing South Railway Station) Dep 15:20 - Arr 20:48
Today's Activities: A Short Visit to Shanghai Old Alleys, Tianzi Fang, Hotel to Train station Transfer (Shanghai), Train station Transfer (Beijing)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Home's Restaurant
A Short Visit to Shanghai Old Alleys: Experience the real life of the Shanghainese. Find out how they think and what they do over an enjoyable tea and chat with locals in their home. Visiting the old alleys of Shanghai is a great way to discover the traditional culture of this city.
- Tianzi Fang (30 minutes): It is located on Taikang Road in former French concession. The area is originally a residential area of labyrinthine alleyways, but now it has turned into a trendy area with a mix of well-preserved Shikumen architecture, art galleries, bistros, coffee shops, craft shops and creative art studios.
- Home's Restaurant: Home's Restaurant is located near the Nanjing Road. It specializes in Shanghai cuisine using the best local ingredients. Smoked fish and red jujube with sticky rice are well known in Shanghai. The restaurant enjoys a great reputation with diners from many parts of China and abroad.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$819||$759||$619||$147 / $84 / $77 /|
|6-9 Persons||$709||$649||$509||$147 / $84 / $77 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$899||$799||$619||$216 / $117 / $83 /|
|6-9 Persons||$799||$699||$509||$216 / $117 / $83 /|
Tour Length: 3 Days
Attractions: Yuyuan Garden, Jade Buddha Temple, The Bund, Nanjing Road, Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Shanghai Museum, Tianzi Fang
|Shanghai||Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World
||The Bund Hotel Shanghai
||Kingtown Hotel Plaza Shanghai
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing, Shanghai by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Beijing South To Transfer via: Train, D307 (Our arrangements)
To Beijing South Transfer via: Train, D306 (Our arrangements)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between railway stations and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.