Taiwan Excursion Tour
Top Tours in Beijing
Combine Taiwan's most famous attractions with Buddhist sites and natural landscape scenery. Discover Taiwan's last unspoiled land - The East Coast National Scenic Area. The Sun Moon Lake and Taroko Gorge will top this tour off.
Duration: 5 Days
Place & Transport: Taipei
Today's Activities: Sun Moon Lake
- Sun Moon Lake: Located 748 m (2,454 ft) above sea level, Sun Moon Lake is 27 m (89 ft) deep and has a surface area of approximately 7.93 km2 (3.06 sq mi). Yuchi Village where the lake is situated is a famous tourist destination. The lake is home to the Thao tribe, one of aboriginal tribes in Taiwan. Lalu Island in the middle of the lake, divides the water into two parts, the south part shaped like the moon while the northern part looks like the sun. This is where the name originates. The major sites of this area are Lalu Island, Jioulongkou, Wenwu Temple, Ci En Pagoda, Syuentzang Temple, Syuanguang Temple, Peacock Garden and Yida Tribe. Around the lake, there are many hiking trails and people can take a boat ride in the lake. While swimming is not allowed, an annual 3-km race called the Swimming Carnival is a highlight for Mid-Autumn Festival.
Accommodations: Fleur De Chine Hotel
Place & Transport: Taipei to Gaoxiong
Today's Activities: Fo Kuang Shan Mountain, Our guide and driver will escort you from Taipei to Gaoxiong
- Fo Kuang Shan Mountain: Meaning Buddha's Light Mountain, Fo Kuang Shan is located in Dashu Township of Kaohsiung. The mountain is the largest and most influential religious center in Taiwan for Buddhists. There are a giant Buddha statue, a main temple, monastery, nunnery and Buddhism university and other facilities. Fo Kuang Shan, the most famous Buddhist sacred place of southern Taiwan. Here you will learn about Buddhism during the monastery walking tour, and there will be chance to taste Buddhist vegetarian lunch (at your own cost) and communicate with some of the monks, nuns during the visit to the Main Shrine, Great Buddha Land where you will find a huge Buddha statue.
Accommodations: Grand Hi-Lai Hotel
Place & Transport: Gaoxiong to Kenting to Taitung
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Gaoxiong to Kenting, Kenting National Park, Our guide and driver will escort you from Kenting to Taitung
- Kenting National Park: Kenting National Park is located at Taiwan's southern tip and the 37 miles of coral-rimmed shoreline along three sides of the park provide its main attractions. Take a trip to the park, you will have chances to hike in the natural setting, enjoy a boat trip to the nearby islands, visit the local farm or go diving. Kenting National Park offers a lot for your Taiwan tour!
Accommodations: Naruwan Hotel
Place & Transport: Taitung to Hualien
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Taitung to Hualien, Taroko Gorge National Park
- Taroko Gorge National Park: Spanning Taichung City, Nantou County, and Hualien County, Taroko National Park is one of the most famous national parks in Taiwan. The park is located in Xiulin Village of Hualien County. Main sites of the park include Tunnel of Nine Turns, Eternal Spring Shrine, Swallow Grotto, Jinheng Park, the Bridge of the Kind Mother, Tiansiang, Jhueilu Precipic, Lioufang Bridge, Hill of Yu the Great, Buluowan and several scenic hiking trails.
The parks resources provide opportunities for mountain climbing, cloud sea watching, hiking, caving, cycling and photography. Depending on the season, Taroko offers different experiences: Spring is a great time to see the flowers, especially peach blossom and cherry blossom. Visitors go caving and hiking during summer. The frosts of fall are also amazing; even though it does not snow often in Taiwan it may be possible see snow on Hehuan Mountain Range during winter.
Accommodations: Silks Place Taroko
Departure Dates and Prices Currency Converter
Hotel We Selected for This Tour
|Nantou||Fleur De Chine Hotel|
|Gaoxiong||Grand Hi-Lai Hotel|
|Hualien||Silks Place Taroko|
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Taipei, Gaoxiong, Kenting, Taitung, Hualien by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.