Taiyuan Culture Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Taiyuan
This tour will give you a chance to experience the culture of Taiyuan. You will get a better understanding of Chinese history and culture by visiting the Tianlongshan Grottos which is a national key cultural relic reserves.
Duration: 3 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Taiyuan, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Taiyuan)
Place & Transport: Taiyuan
Today's Activities: Chunyang Palace, Twin Pagoda Temple, Tianlongshan Grottos, Jinci Temple
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Kangzhuang Restaurant
- Chunyang Palace (30 minutes): Chunyang Palace was built in the Yuan Dynasty about 800 years ago, and went through several repairs and expansions. It is a Taoist palace integrating temples with landscape gardens. The four-pillar wooden memorial archway located at the front door is noticeable with bright colors. The courtyard located at the back of the palace is of typical Taoist features, and is said to be built according to the bearings of the Eight Diagrams.
- Twin Pagoda Temple (30 minutes): Twin Pagoda Temple was built about 400 years ago in the Ming Dynasty. It is regarded the symbol of Taiyuan City. There are 260 precious stone carved steles at the temple. Another feature of this temple is the peony. More than 1,000 plants of about 30 species are grown inside the temple.
- Tianlongshan Grottos (1 hour): Tianlongshan Grottoes is the largest Taoism grottoes in China. It lies on the mountainside of Tianlong Mountain, about 40 kilometers from Taiyuan city center. Tianlongshan Grottoes was built in the Eastern Wei Dynasty (534—550), and there are 24 grottoes carved in four dynasties, thus presents the development and transformation process of the art of grottoes of the four dynasties. Now there are 1500 carved stone statues remain.
- Jinci Temple (1 hour): Jinci Temple lies at the foothill of Xuanweng Mountain. It was initially built during the Northern Wei Dynasty (386-535), and is famous for its magnificent building complex and excellent art of statue. It integrates ancient consecration buildings, landscape garden, sculptures, carvings, fresco and stele.
- Kangzhuang Restaurant: The Kangzhuang Restaurant is one of the most famous restaurants in Taiyuan. It specializes in Shanxi cuisine (cuisine from the north-western China). It is highly recommended by customers for its good food and reasonable prices.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$299||$199||$169||$190 / $87 / $66 /|
|6-9 Persons||$269||$169||$149||$190 / $87 / $66 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$339||$269||$219||$190 / $120 / $66 /|
|6-9 Persons||$299||$219||$159||$190 / $120 / $66 /|
Tour Length: 3 Days
Attractions: Chunyang Palace, Twin Pagoda Temple, Tianlongshan Grottos, Jinci Temple
|Taiyuan||Shanxi World Trade Hotel
||Shanxi Grand Hotel
||Hua Yuan Hotel
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Taiyuan by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.