Beautiful Desert And Amazing Glacier Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Only China's North west can offer the vast contrasts desert landscape to frozen wonderland in a few short hours. see this plus the bazzars, mosques and culture of the people who have lived here for thousands of years.
Duration: 5 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Urumqi, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Urumqi)
Place & Transport: Urumqi to Kashgar, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Erdaoqiao Market, The Xinjiang Museum, Airport Transfer (Urumqi)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Jiamu Restaurant
- Erdaoqiao Market (1 hour): The Erdaoqiao Bazaar is the largest in Urumqi. You'll find a bustling market filled with fruit, clothing, crafts, knives, carpets and almost anything that you can imagine. On Sunday, there are more stalls and more goods to buy than any other day. The old streets around the bazaar are really worth seeing.Here is the most welcomed place by tourist especialy by ladies where they can buy some traditional yugur make up cosmetic.
- The Xinjiang Museum (2 hours): The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region Museum has collections of silver works of art, stone steles, coins and currency, ceramics, wooden articles, and paintings. One of the highlights is the well-preserved collection of 4,000-year-old corpses, unearthed along the Silk Road. A modern-style building occupying 11,000 square meters, it is located on Xibei Road, 2 km north of People's (Renmin) Park.
- Jiamu Restaurant : Jiamu Restaurant is a Uygur style restaurant, mainly providing Uygur cuisine but no wine allowed while dining. The restroom is in good decoration and there is a short time for live performance during lunch time.
Place & Transport: Kashgar
Today's Activities: Oytagh Glacier, Visit a local Keerkezi Family
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Oytagh Glacier (1.5 hours): The spectacular Oytagh Glacier is about 130km from Kashgar and still largely undiscovered by tourists. Access to glacier is via an amazing alpine forest and grassland dotted with flocks of sheep and yurts belonging to local people.
- Visit a local Keerkezi Family (20 minutes): Take advantage of this rare opportunity to experience the life, customs and food of the Keekekezi local people in their ancestral homeland. Have tea and snacks with the family as they welcome you to their world.
Place & Transport: Kashgar
Today's Activities: Zhiren Street, Id Kah Mosque, Kashgar Minority Nationalities Kindergarten, Livestock Market
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Orida Culture Restaurant
- Zhiren Street (1 hour): It is close to Id Kah Mosque, an old street with an amazing range of goods being crafted for sale by hand , from strictly utilitarian cookware to exotic musical instruments. There's not much light industry in Kashgar, so everything is hand-made or imported from a very distant place. Copper, metal, porcelain, woodwork, jewellery and other goods are seen to be made and you will marvel at incredible devices like the wooden objects that prevent babies from wetting the bed.
- Id Kah Mosque (40 minutes): This 15th century mosque is one of the largest and busiest in China. At midday on Fridays around 10,000 people will gather to pray and study the Koran, and prayer 5 times/day on other days. You'll be asked to remove your shoes before entering the Main Hall, which has traditional Islamic pillars, carvings and rugs strewn over the floors. Women are adviced to cover upper arms and legs, a scarf is not compulsory, but is seen as a mark of respect. This is a must visit place for tourist in Kashgar .
- Kashgar Minority Nationalities Kindergarten (1 hour): These children, 2-6 years old, are mainly Uighur and other local groups. They learn to read and write Uighur and Chinese, as well as dancing and singing. Sometimes they dress in traditional costume for performances, other days you will find them practising. If you take any gifts (such as pencils and books) please give them to the teacher rather than directly to the children.
- Livestock Market (1 hour): Streets near this big market are choked on Sundays with farmers and buyers arriving by donkey cart, truck, bicycle, horseback, ute, motorbike or on foot, with their animals. It's loud, lively and cheerful as they arrive, eat breakfast, set up their animals and check out the action. Cattle, sheep (they definitely look different), goats, donkeys, horses have their own sections; sellers show their animals are "good eaters" (most go as livestock not meat) and the entire experience is fascinating and fun.
- Orida Culture Restaurant : The restaurant is located near the Id Kah Mosque. It specializes in Moslem food. It is well decorated in a Uygur' style. Wine is not provided here.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$1,199||$1,119||$1,059||$202 / $192 / $125 /|
|6-9 Persons||$1,039||$999||$919||$202 / $192 / $125 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$1,219||$1,159||$1,069||$232 / $224 / $138 /|
|6-9 Persons||$1,069||$1,009||$919||$232 / $224 / $138 /|
Tour Length: 5 Days
Attractions: The Erdaoqiao Bazaar, Xinjiang Autonomous Museum, Oytagh Glacier, Visit a local Keerkezi Family, Kashgar Old Town, Zhiren Street, Id Kah Mosque, Kashgar Minority Nationalities Kindergarten
|Urumqi||Hoi Tak Hotel
||Bingtuan Grand Hotel
||Lucky Chance Hotel
|Kashgar||Barony Hotel Kashgar
||Barony Hotel Kashgar
||Kashgar Seman Hotel
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Urumqi, Kashgar by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Urumqi To Kashgar Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Kashgar To Urumqi Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax for Domestic Flights
Airport Tax and Fuel Fee for Flights if applicable
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.