Lanzhou And Xiahe Essence Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Xiahe
Get a chance to see the superb grassland scenery and the largest center of Tibetan Buddhism and Tibetan culture in Gansu Province.
Duration: 3 Days
Place & Transport: Lanzhou to Xiahe
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Lanzhou to Xiahe
Place & Transport: Xiahe
Today's Activities: Songke Grassland, Labrang Monastery
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Restaurant of Wangfu Hotel
- Songke Grassland (30 minutes): Songke Grassland is located in southwest of Xiahe. Being a natural pasture of Tibetan nomadic peoples, Songke Grassland is famous for its superb grassland scenery. As you ride on horse you can listen to the pastoral song, and feast your eye on the beautiful flowers and blue sky.
- Labrang Monastery (2 hours): Labrang Monastery, is one of the six important temples of Gelukpa or the Yellow Hat Sect of Tibetan Buddhism and the most important temple outside Tibet. It’s now home to over a thousand monks who have come to attend one of the six institutes of learning.
To tour the monastery, you must be accompanied by an English speaking monk from the monastery. The service is only available twice a day at 10:15am and 3:10pm. The guide will usually show you 6 halls. One of the most interesting stops is an exhibit of colorful sculptures — made of yak butter! The brightly colored sculptures, some more than 3 feet wide and 3 feet tall look more like Fimo clay than butter. They take two to three weeks to make, and are used in parades to celebrate Tibetan New Year.
- Restaurant of Wangfu Hotel: Restaurant of Wangfu Hotel is near the Labrang Monastery. It serves Sichuan style and Tibetan style cuisines.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||$459||-||- / $72 / -|
|6-9 Persons||-||$299||-||- / $72 / -|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||$499||-||- / $77 / - /|
|6-9 Persons||-||$299||-||- / $77 / - /|
Tour Length: 3 Days
Attractions: Songke Grassland, Labrang Monastery
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Lanzhou, Xiahe by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.