Airport Transfer (Xiamen)
- Hulishan Fortress (1 hour): It was built in 1891, the architecture mainly integrated the style in Ming and Qing Dynasty and the style from Europe. Huli Mountain Fortress is famous for having both the biggest and smallest cannons in the world. And there are many ancient military facilities and weapon, such as the emplacement, the barracks, the castle, the trench, double-edged swords and firelocks.
- Gulangyu Island: GulangYu Island is in the southwestern of Xiamen city, it takes just 10 minutes by local ferry boat.There are many colonial buildings built after the Opium War, including the Britain, the America, France, German, Spain, etc. There are many famous pianists in China from this island, and the piano ownership rate is the highest in China. This beautiful island has some tourist attractions including Crag of Sunlight and Shuzhuang Garden. It is very relaxing to wander along the winding small paths and hunt for some interesting souvenirs at shops.
- South Putuo temple (40 minutes): Located at the foot of Wulao Peak in the south of Xiamen, it was built during the Tang Dynasty and rebuilt in Qing Dynasty, which is very famous for its collection of Buddhist cultural relics, such as a Burmese jade carving of the Buddha, some important Buddhist texts. Climbing up to the Wulao Peak, you can enjoy the bird’s eye-view of Xiamen University and Xiamen Port.
- Ferry Fee for Gulang Island (10 minutes): It is a world of sea breezes, sunshine and exotic architecture with Mediterranean flavor.
- Suzhuang garden (40 minutes): Located at the southern shore of Gulangyu Island, it was built around 1900 as a private villa.Like other gardens, it is a traditional Chinese garden consisted of pavilions, bridges, lakes, towers and hills. Specially, Shuzhuang Garden is connect with the sea, you can enjoy the sea-view along the corridor above the sea.
- Crag of Sunlight (2 hours): Sunlit Rock is the highest point of Gulangyu Island, with a height of 93 meters. As you go up to the top, you will see many rocks, pavilions, and enjoy the stunning view of the sea as well as the Gulangyu Island.
- Taxia Village: Taxia Village; it is a distinctive Hakka village, located in a valley, Nanjing County. Built in 1426 in Ming Dynasty by Zhang Family and many famous overseas Chinese trace their history to this village. It is listed as one of the 15 most beautiful Villages. It consists of more than 40 earthen buildings in different shapes as well as some Diaojiaolou (buildings built on wood pillars) built along the banks of a clear brook which flows through the village. These earthen buildings are built in round, rectangle, apron or trisquare shapes. The oldest one among them is the Fuxing Building built in 1631. The classic Diaojiaolou are built in earth-wood or brick-wood structures. From April to November, you can pick tea in local tea plantation. After picking up the leaves, cook the tea leaves under the instruction of the farmer and then take in with you. Also taste the red tea which has already been prepared by the local farmers.
- Hongkeng Tulou Cluster: Hongkeng Tulou Cluster, located in Hukeng town, is the most concentrated of all earthen house clusters. There are about 100 tulou of various sizes in the long village which lies along both banks of a river. Some of the house designs are unique, including the Zhenchenglou, Fuyulu ("Five-Phoenix House"), Kuijulou, and the mini round Rusheng building. The village strides the Jinfeng Creek and is set in a dramatic landscape which represents the harmonious fusion of different cultural traditions to produce an idyllic landscape of outstanding quality.
Hotel to airport Transfer (Xiamen)