Yinchuan And Zhongwei Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Zhongwei
Yinchuan and Zhongwei are two famous tourist cities in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region. They are the home of the Royal Mausoleum of the Western Xia State, Mt. Helan Rock Carvings, Ming Dynasty Great Wall Ruins and the grassland and desert. Don't miss this opportunity.
Duration: 5 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Yinchuan, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Yinchuan)
Place & Transport: Yinchuan
Today's Activities: Helanshan Rock Carvings, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region Museum, Xixia Mausoleum, Sai Shang Jiang Nan Sightseeing Garden and Medlar Shop
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Chinese matrimony-vine feast
- Helanshan Rock Carvings (1.5 hours): Tens of thousands of carvings have been found in the rocks of Helanshan Mountain and in the wild rocky plains surrounding it. In the Helanshan Mountain pass alone, over 4,000 depictions have been discovered including 726 facet carvings, about 1300 animal scripts and approximately 1600 pictographic scripts. Those scripts are of great historical and tourist value, and are treasured by both the Chinese government and the World Heritage Organization.
- Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region Museum : The Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region Museum housed at the Chengtiansi Pagoda displays a large historical collection which extensively covers the region's civilization history over a span of 5,000 years. Objects from the ancient Western Xia Kingdom, along with the accompanying historical presentations, reveal tangible aspects of this long extinguished power
- Xixia Mausoleum (30 minutes): Xixia Mausoleum (40 minutes): The Royal Mausoleum of the Western Xia State is located at the foot of Mt. Helan, 35 kilometers form Yinchuan. Covering an area of 50 square kilometers, these tombs were used to bury 9 emperors and more than 140 royal family members and their servants who were buried alive with their masters. The neat layout of the mausoleum complex was considered a reflection of the prosperity of the capital of their kingdom. The tombs are in the shape of pyramid, hence its name the “Pyramid in China”.
- Chinese matrimony-vine feast : Because is situated at the position to be near at the scenic area, has may the edible fresh wild mushroom
- Sai Shang Jiang Nan Sightseeing Garden and Medlar Shop: It showcases Ningxia specialty – Medlar of all types. This is a place for looking for special, quality Medlar products. Customers have the opportunity to see the manufacturing process. They can enjoy picking fresh fruit and watching the natural scenery. There is no pressure to buy!
Address: Xixia area star string cable 7 kilometers place
Place & Transport: Yinchuan to Zhongwei
Today's Activities: Tonghu Grassland in Tenggeli Desert, Shapotou, Our guide and driver will escort you from Yinchuan to Zhongwei
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Tonghu Grassland in Tenggeli Desert: The district is located at 18 kilometers northwest of the county site of Zhongwei County, Alxa League of Inner Mongolia. Tonghu Grassland Tourist District is surrounded by sand dunes with grass, fresh air and numerous migratory birds. With white Mongolian tents dotted around the area, the district is full of Mongolian customs and is as beautiful as a painting.
- Shapotou: Shapotou, around 150m km away from Yinchuan, is an oasis of farm stay sandwiched between the stark desert and the loess-filled Yellow River. Shapotou offers many adventure-filled experiences in a spectacular setting. Various activities are arranged for travelers including sand rafting, camel riding, and drifting along the Yellow River. Those with a delicate temperament may choose to sip a cup of coffee in a coffee bar, or join the locals for a lively chat, especially if you have a friend along who knows Chinese.
Place & Transport: Zhongwei to Yinchuan
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Zhongwei to Yinchuan, Gaomiao Temple, 108 Pagodas at Qingtongxia
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Gaomiao Temple: Gaomiao Temple is an impressive ancient building complex housing Confucian, Buddhist and Taoist religious figures. Over 260 towers and pavilions of different styles and sizes stand on a 2,000 square meters terrace. This complex exemplifies the architectural and artistic achievements of the region.
- 108 Pagodas at Qingtongxia (1 hour): Located on the west bank of the Yellow River, 90 kilometers from Yinchuan, these 108 Pagodas range in height from 2.5 to 3.5m. They are built in triangular of 12 rows. The pagoda at the tip of the triangle is bigger than the lower ones. They are all Lamaism pagodas with an octagonal Sumeru pedestal supporting the inverted-bowl-style main body crowned with a bead. These brick pagodas are all painted white. It is one of the few ancient pagoda complexes in China.
Place & Transport: Depart Yinchuan, Flight not included
Today's Activities: The Shuidonggou Ruins, China Hui Village Cultural Garden, Hotel to airport Transfer (Yinchuan)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Yin Chuan Yin Xiang
- The Shuidonggou Ruins: The Shuidonggou Ruins have fossils that date to the later Paleolithic Age over 500,000 years ago as well as other sites. The ruins were discovered by a Belgian archaeologist in 1920 and contain three main sites, the Shuidonggou site, Great Wall from the Ming Dynasty and the hidden army site. The Shuidonggou site contains a spectacular collection of fossilized species including wild donkey, rhinoceros, hyena, antelope, cattle and pigs. In addition, there are also more than 11,000 stone tools and remnants of pre-historic human use of fire. The Ming Dynasty Great Wall was part of the military defense system in China. You can also see the maze from the ancient hidden army site, which now has 960m open for tourists. It was used as living quarters for the soldiers during the Ming Dynasty.
- China Hui Village Cultural Garden: Covering an area of 1000 acres, the China Hui Village Cultural Garden is situated in Najiahu Village, Yinchuan City. It is a great place to learn about the Hui minority and Muslim culture in China. You will visit the Museum of Hui Nationality (the largest Museum of Hui Nationality in China), folk village, mosque, performance hall, and Muslim culture exhibition.
- Yin Chuan Yin Xiang : Manages “the new faction Islamic vegetable” fashionable dining room
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$759||$719||$639||$222 / $197 / $105 /|
|6-9 Persons||$599||$569||$499||$222 / $197 / $105 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$779||$749||$659||$222 / $197 / $105 /|
|6-9 Persons||$609||$599||$499||$222 / $197 / $105 /|
Tour Length: 5 Days
Attractions: Helanshan Rock Carvings, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region Museum, Xixia Mausoleum, Tonghu Grassland in Tenggeli Desert, Shapotou, Gaomiao Temple ( including the Hell), 108 Pagodas at Qingtongxia, The Shuidonggou Ruins
|Yinchuan||Haiyue Jianguo Hotel
|Zhongwei||Shapotou Holiday Inn
||Yi Xing Hotel
|Yinchuan||Haiyue Jianguo Hotel
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Yinchuan, by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.