Pilgrimage Tour To Mount Putuo
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Zhoushan
Mount Putuo is one of China's four Sacred Buddhist Mountains. Built in 916 A.D, in 1214, it was designated to perform Buddhist rites. Buddhist pilgrims flock to Guanyin's Three Festivals on the 19th day of February, June and September in Chinese lunar calendar.
Duration: 3 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Zhoushan to Putuoshan, Flight not included, connect
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Zhoushan), Express bus station transfer (Zhoushan)
Place & Transport: Putuoshan
Today's Activities: Purple Bamboo Forest, The Temple Of Guanyin Who Refuses To Leave, Foding Mountain Cable Car, Puji Temple, Fayu Temple, Mountain Putuo
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
- Purple Bamboo Forest: Purple Bamboo Forest is on the topside of the Cave of Tidal Sound. Although the purple bamboo isn't as exciting as it sounds, there is a little temple worth seeing. There is also a thousand armed, thousand eyed Guanyin inside.
- The Temple Of Guanyin Who Refuses To Leave: The Temple Of Guanyin Who Refuses To Leave is the oldest and most important temple in Putuohan. It is small and by the sea, just below the much larger than the temple in the Purple Bamboo Forest (Zizhulin). It is decorated in carvings of the Japanese monk and his Guanyin statue and has an obviously patched stele of the Dont-leave story which was smashed by the Red Guards and later retrieved from the sea.
- Foding Mountain Cable Car: You can enjoy the scenery along the way up to Foding Mountain by cable car.
- Puji Temple: With a history of about 1200 years, Puji temple is the largest temple on the island. The temple can hold up more than 1000 people at the same time. There are altogether over 200 structures, including Hall of Heavenly Kings, Hall of Yuantong, and Hall of Abbot.
- Fayu Temple: With a history of about 1500 years, Fayu temple is the second largest temple on the island. It is famous for its ancient architecture, delicate wood carvings and inscribed calligraphy by ancient emperors. You can go there with the cableway or walk up the hill.
- Mountain Putuo: It is located about 100 sea miles east of the Hangzhou Bay, Zhejiang Province. It is a small island among the Zhoushan Island complex, which covers an area of 12.5 square meters. It is long and narrow with a north-south length of about 8.6 kilometers and east-west width of 3.5 kilometers. Foding Mountain, the highest part of the island, has a height of 283 meters above sea level. The Putuoshan Mountain is surrounded by the sea with charming and gentle landscape. Quiet, fantastic and unique, it is reputed as “the first pure and clean place in man's world"
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||$419||-||- / $134 / -|
|6-9 Persons||-||$339||-||- / $134 / -|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||$419||-||- / $134 / - /|
|6-9 Persons||-||$339||-||- / $134 / - /|
Tour Length: 3 Days
Attractions: Purple Bamboo Forest, The Temple Of Guanyin Who Refuses To Leave, Foding Mountain Cable Car, Mountain Putuo, Fayu Temple, Puji Temple
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Zhoushan, Putuoshan by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Zhoushan To Putuoshan Transfer via: boat, (Our arrangements)
Putuoshan To Zhoushan Transfer via: boat,, (Our arrangements)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.