Black pepper beef fillet is a famous Cantonese dish. The beef fillet in this dish has a deep dark look and tastes tender, smooth, and delicious. The onion is crispy and the green pepper and red pepper invite the eyes.
Main ingredients: 250g beef fillet, an onion, 1 green pepper and 1 red pepper
Seasonings: 10g black pepper powder, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon light soy sauce, 2 teaspoons cooking wine, 2 teaspoons starch, and 2 soup spoons cooking oil
(The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.)
1. Clean and cut the beef fillet into about 5-cm-wide slices. Then baste the beef slices with the salt, light soy sauce, starch and water.
2. Clean and cut the green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and onion into pieces.
1. Heat some cooking oil in a wok and fry the onion pieces until fragrant.
2. Add the beef slices and stir-fry until they change color.
3. Add the green bell pepper and red bell pepper pieces, and stir-fry for about one minute.
4. Add the black pepper powder, salt, and light soy sauce, and stir-fry for about two minutes.
5. Serve the black pepper beef fillet on a plate.
Want to learn to cook traditional Chinese dishes in China? China Highlights can offer you the opportunity. See our most popular food tours, with cooking classes alongside must-see sights:
Or you can contact us and we can add the experience of learning to cook Chinese dishes to your very own tailor-made China tour.