Black pepper beef fillet is a famous Cantonese dish. The beef fillet in this dish has a deep dark look and tastes tender, smooth and delicious. The onion is crispy and the green pepper and red pepper dazzle the eyes.
250g beef fillet, half an onion, 1 green pepper and 1 red pepper
Seasonings: 10g black pepper, 5g green onion, 5g ginger, 5g garlic, 1/2 teaspoon starch, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce, and 2 soupspoons cooking oil.
Note: The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.
- Clean and cut the beef fillet into about 1-cm-width slices. Starch the beef slices with the egg white, starch and water.
- Clean and mince the ginger, green onion and garlic.
- Clean and cut green pepper, red pepper and onion into pieces.
- Heat some cooking oil in a wok to 60% done. Add the minced ginger, green onion and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant. Add the beef slices and stir-fry until they change color. Tip them out and set aside.
- Add some cooking oil into the wok. Add the green pepper,red pepper and onion and stir-fry for about one minute.
- Put the beef into the wok again. Add black pepper, salt and light soy sauce. Stir-fry for about two minutes more.
- The black pepper beef fillet is finished. Dish it out.