Boiled prawns are Cantonese cuisine. Guangzhou people like to boil prawns in order to maintain a fresh, sweet, tender prawn flavor. They then peel the prawn and enjoy it with a dipping sauce.
Seasonings: ginger, chives, light soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and cooking oil
Note: The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.
- Dice the ginger and chives into small pieces.
- Clean the prawns and remove the black line (the gut of prawn) down the back, the feelers and the legs.
- Boil the water. Add the prawns and boil about for about one minute. Drain.
- Put the diced ginger and chives into a small dish. Heat the cooking oil on high and pour into the small dish. Add the light soy sauce, sesame oil and salt and mix together to make the dipping sauce.
- The boiled prawns are ready. Enjoy them with the dipping sauce.