- Create My Trip
- China Tours +
- Create My Trip
- Destinations +
- Travel Guide +
- China Visas
- The Great Wall of China
- China’s Top 10 Attractions
- Giant Pandas
- The Terracotta Army
- Best of China
- Culture +
- Asia Tours
- Day Tours
Braised eggplant is a home-cooked vegetable dish with a long history. This dish is delicious and juicy.
Main ingredients: 2 eggplants, 100g lean pork
Seasonings: 2g salt, 10g dark soy sauce, 3 green onions, 10g cooking oil, 15g thick broad bean sauce, 3 cloves of garlic, small piece of ginger
(The amount of the seasonings can be adjusted according to personal taste. Omit the pork for a tasty vegetarian dish.)
1. Clean the pork and finely chop it, then marinate it with salt for about 10 minutes.
2. Clean the eggplants and remove the stalks. Cut the eggplants into thick pieces, marinate with salt for 10 minutes, then wash and drain them.
3. Clean the ginger and green onions, and finely chop them along with the garlic.
1. Heat the cooking oil in a wok. Add the ginger and garlic first, then add the chopped eggplant and stir-fry them together.
2. When the eggplant has become slightly soft, add the thick broad bean sauce and some dark soy sauce.
3. Add the finely chopped pork. Stir-fry the pork with the eggplants until the pork is cooked through.
4. The braised eggplant is now ready to be served.
If you want to learn to cook traditional Chinese dishes in China, China Highlights offers you the opportunity. See our most popular food tours, with cooking classes alongside must-see sights:
Or you can contact us and we can add the experience of learning to cook Chinese dishes to your very own tailor-made China tour.