How to Cook Congee with Mung Bean
The mung bean is a common coarse cereal. Rich in protein and vitamins, mung beans are considered a kind of healthy food. They have a tremendous ability to remove heat and detoxify the body and are very suitable for cooking in summer. Congee with mung beans is quite popular during the summer.
250g rice and 150g mung beans
Seasonings: 20g white sugar
Note: The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.
- Wash the rice and mung beans.
- Soak the mung beans for about two hours.
- Boil the mung beans on high in about 1750ml of water.
- After boiling, boil on low for about 30 minutes
- Add rice to the boiling water. Boil on medium for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the white sugar. The congee with mung beans is done!
Note: Stir the congee while boiling to avoid sticking.
I updated this article on March 1, 2014
See all my travel articles
- Chinese Cooking Class
- Mapo Tofu
- Yangzhou Fried Rice
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Chow Mein
- Braised Eggplant
- Diced Chicken with Chili
- Noodles with Bean Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs
- Sautéed Shredded Pork with Sweet Bean Sauce
- Black Pepper Beef Fillet
- Fish-Flavored Shredded Pork
- Poached Sliced Beef in Hot Chili Oil
- Boiled Prawns
- Steamed Weever
- Steamed Egg Custard
- Congee with Mung Bean
- Winter Melon Soup with Pork Ribs
- Winter Melon Soup with Dried Shrimps
- Dry Fried String Beans
- Green Vegetables with Mushrooms
- Home Style Tofu
- Potato with a Vinegar Flavor
- Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes
- Pumpkin Pie
- Scrambled Eggs with Cucumber
- Pickled Cucumber
- Sautéed Sweet Corn with Pine Nuts
- Scrambled Eggs