Diced chicken with chilies is Sichuan cuisine. It tastes very spicy as there is a large quantity of chilies in this dish. This dish is stir-fried quickly over a high heat with just enough oil to keep the fresh and tender taste of the chicken.
400–500g chicken breast, 20g dried red chilies, 100g cooking oil, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 soupspoon soy sauce, 1 soupspoon cooking wine, 2 teaspoons corn starch, 1 teaspoon white sugar, some green onions, a small piece of ginger, and 10g garlic
(The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.)
1. Clean the chicken breasts and dice them.
2. Mix the soupspoon of soy sauce, soupspoon of cooking wine, egg white, and teaspoon of corn starch, and marinate the diced chicken for about 15 minutes in the mixture.
3.Clean the dried red chili peppers and cut them into small pieces. Clean and chop the green onions. Clean and dice the ginger and garlic.
1. Heat cooking oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the marinated chicken cubes and fry them until they are golden. Drain them and remove them to a plate.
2. Leave some cooking oil in the wok, and using a high heat stir fry the dried chilies for 30 seconds to release the spice.
3. Re-add the fried chicken cubes, and stir-fry until they start to take on the red color of the chilies.
4. Add the chopped green onions and stir-fry for a few seconds to finish.
5. Serve it on a plate.
If you want to learn to cook traditional Chinese dishes in China, China Highlights offers you the opportunity. See our most popular food tours, with cooking classes alongside must-see sights:
Or you can contact us and we can add the experience of learning to cook Chinese dishes to your very own tailor-made China tour.