Diced chicken with chili is a part of Sichuan cuisine. It tastes very spicy as there is a large quantity of chilies in this dish. The heat and the oil are the key points to cooking this dish. Only stir-fry the ingredients quickly over a high heat with enough oil to keep the fresh and tender taste of the chicken.
2 boneless chicken breasts (about 400g) and 80g dried red chili peppers
Seasonings: 100g cooking oil, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 soupspoon soy sauce, 1soupspoon cooking wine, 2 teaspoons corn starch, 1 teaspoon white sugar, some chives, a small piece of ginger and 10g garlic
Note: The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.
- Clean and dice the chives. Clean and slice the ginger and garlic.
- Clean the chicken breasts and dice them into cubes. Mix in the 1/2 soupspoon soy sauce, 1/2 soupspoon cooking wine, egg white and 1 teaspoon corn starch. Marinate the chicken breasts for about 15 minutes.
- Clean the dried red chili peppers and cut them into small pieces.
- Mix the salt, 1/2 soupspoon soy sauce, 1/2 soupspoon cooking wine, 1 teaspoon corn starch and white sugar. Stir them evenly to create the seasoning juice.
- Heat some cooking oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the chicken cubes and fry them until they are golden. Drain them.
- Leave some cooking oil in the wok and heat it. Add the chives, ginger and garlic pieces and stir-fry them until they are fragrant. Add the dried chili peppers and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the fried chicken cubes and stir-fry until the chicken cubes turn into a red color. Pour in the seasoning juice and stir-fry for a further 30 seconds.
- The diced chicken with chili is finished. Serve it in a dish.