How to Cook Dry Fried String Beans
Dry fried string beans are a home cooked style of Sichuan cuisine. It is a fragrant and spicy dish which is simple to cook. The string beans are rich in protein, unsaturated fatty acids and vitamins. But they also contain toxins and need to be cooked thoroughly to destroy the toxins.
500g string beans, 50g lean pork, 8 pieces of garlic and 10 dried chili peppers
Seasonings: 250g cooking oil, 3 teaspoons cooking wine, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon chicken powder
Note: The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.
- Remove both ends and the tendons of the string beans. Break them into pieces of about 6cm long. Clean the string beans and drain them thoroughly otherwise, during the dry frying process, the oil will splash.
- Clean and mince the lean pork and small pieces of garlic. Clean and cut the dried chili peppers into small chunks.
- Heat the wok with the cooking oil. Put in the string beans and fry them over a high heat until the skins of the string beans are ruffled in order to make sure that they are cooked thoroughly. Pick them out and drain the oil.
- Leave some oil in the wok. Add the garlic and dried chili peppers and fry them until they are fragrant. Add the minced lean pork and cooking wine and stir-fry them until the pork is dry and crisp.
- Add the cooked string beans, soy sauce, salt and chicken powder. Stir-fry them for a further 10 seconds.
- The dry fried string beans are ready. Dish them out!
I updated this article on September 10, 2012
See all my travel articles
- Chinese Cooking Class
- Mapo Tofu
- Yangzhou Fried Rice
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Chow Mein
- Braised Eggplant
- Diced Chicken with Chili
- Noodles with Bean Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs
- Sautéed Shredded Pork with Sweet Bean Sauce
- Black Pepper Beef Fillet
- Fish-Flavored Shredded Pork
- Poached Sliced Beef in Hot Chili Oil
- Boiled Prawns
- Steamed Weever
- Steamed Egg Custard
- Congee with Mung Bean
- Winter Melon Soup with Pork Ribs
- Winter Melon Soup with Dried Shrimps
- Dry Fried String Beans
- Green Vegetables with Mushrooms
- Home Style Tofu
- Potato with a Vinegar Flavor
- Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes
- Pumpkin Pie
- Scrambled Eggs with Cucumber
- Pickled Cucumber
- Sautéed Sweet Corn with Pine Nuts
- Scrambled Eggs