Home Style Tofu
Home style tofu is a salty and slightly spicy taste of Sichuan cuisine. Though it needs many ingredients to give it a good flavor, it is simple to cook. Here is one of the recipes for it.
1 piece of marinated tofu (about 250g) and 100g lean pork,
Seasonings: 1 green pepper, 1 red chili pepper, 3 green onions, 5g ginger, 5g garlic, 1 soupspoon salad oil, 2 teaspoons light soy sauce, 3 teaspoons corn starch, 1 teaspoon cooking wine, 1 teaspoon white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon broad bean paste
Note: The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.
- Clean and slice the marinated tofu. Cut the tofu diagonally to create triangular tofu slices.
- Clean and slice the lean pork. Marinate it with some light soy sauce, salad oil, corn starch and water for about 10 minutes.
- Clean and cut the green pepper, red chili pepper and green onion into pieces.
- Clean and dice the ginger and garlic into small pieces.
- Mix 1 teaspoon corn starch with water.
- Place a wok over a high heat. Add some salad oil and fry both sides of the tofu slices until they become golden. Pick them out and drain the oil.
- Put the pork into the wok and stir-fry until it is 80% cooked. Tip it out.
- Clean the wok. Add 1 teaspoon oil and the small ginger and garlic pieces. Stir-fry them until they are fragrant.
- Add some water, sugar, light soy sauce and cooking wine. When the water boils, add the mixture of starch water evenly.
- Add the fried tofu slices and cook them over a low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add the green pepper, red chili pepper, green onion and fried pork. Cook them until the peppers are done.
- Finally, the home style tofu is done. Dish it out!