How to Make Pickled Cucumber
Pickled cucumber is simple to cook, but tastes nice and appetizing. Cucumber is rich in nutrition, including vitamin C, carotene, and potassium, and anticarcinogens. What’s more, its tartronic acid can reduce carbohydrate conversion into fat, so it's good for losing weight and preventing coronary heart disease.
Seasonings: salt, white vinegar, white sugar
Note: The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.
- Wash the cucumber. Dice it into chunks.
- Salt the cucumber chunks evenly for about 20 minutes.
- After dehydration, wash the cucumber chunks with cold water to clear out the salt, and pour away the saline water.
- Put the cucumber chunks into a bowl with white vinegar and mix in some sugar.
- After pickling for an hour, the pickled cucumber is ready!
I updated this article on September 10, 2012
See all my travel articles
- Chinese Cooking Class
- Mapo Tofu
- Yangzhou Fried Rice
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Chow Mein
- Braised Eggplant
- Diced Chicken with Chili
- Noodles with Bean Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs
- Sautéed Shredded Pork with Sweet Bean Sauce
- Black Pepper Beef Fillet
- Fish-Flavored Shredded Pork
- Poached Sliced Beef in Hot Chili Oil
- Boiled Prawns
- Steamed Weever
- Steamed Egg Custard
- Congee with Mung Bean
- Winter Melon Soup with Pork Ribs
- Winter Melon Soup with Dried Shrimps
- Dry Fried String Beans
- Green Vegetables with Mushrooms
- Home Style Tofu
- Potato with a Vinegar Flavor
- Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes
- Pumpkin Pie
- Scrambled Eggs with Cucumber
- Pickled Cucumber
- Sautéed Sweet Corn with Pine Nuts
- Scrambled Eggs