How to Cook Poached Sliced Beef in Hot Chili Oil
Poached sliced beef in hot chili oil is a representative dish of poached Sichuan cuisine. The sliced beef tastes tender, smooth, strongly spicy, and oily but not greasy. It is numbing (麻), spicy hot (辣) and of a hot temperature (烫), similar to the Sichuan hot pot. In this dish, the beef should be tendon-less and oil-free.
200g beef and 80g lettuce
Seasonings: 50g garlic and chives, 5g ginger, 7g dried red chili peppers, 2g peppers, 1 egg, 2g salt, 20g wet starch, 20g thick broad-bean sauce, 15g soy sauce, 30g cooking oil, 20g cooking wine, 5g chili powder, and some soup-stock (or chicken soup).
Note: The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.
- Clean and slice the beef. Starch the sliced beef with the egg white, salt, soy sauce, cooking wine and wet starch. Stir the beef with some tea oil and freeze for a while in an icebox if possible.
- Clean and tear the lettuce. Clean and cut the chives into small pieces. Clean and mince the garlic.
- Heat some cooking oil. Add and stir-fry the dried red chili peppers and thick broad-bean sauce. Pour in the soup-stock. Boil the soup on high heat.
- Add the beef. Stir and cook until it is heated through. Meanwhile, put the lettuce at the bottom of a bowl. When the beef is done, tip it onto the lettuce. Pour the soup into the bowl and sprinkle with chives, garlic and chili powder.
- Heat some cooking oil and add it and water to the beef in the bowl at the same time.
- The poached sliced beef in hot chili oil is finished.
Questions and Answers About How to Cook Poached Sliced Beef in Hot Chili Oil
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- Chinese Cooking Class
- Mapo Tofu
- Yangzhou Fried Rice
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Chow Mein
- Braised Eggplant
- Diced Chicken with Chili
- Noodles with Bean Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs
- Sautéed Shredded Pork with Sweet Bean Sauce
- Black Pepper Beef Fillet
- Fish-Flavored Shredded Pork
- Poached Sliced Beef in Hot Chili Oil
- Boiled Prawns
- Steamed Weever
- Steamed Egg Custard
- Congee with Mung Bean
- Winter Melon Soup with Pork Ribs
- Winter Melon Soup with Dried Shrimps
- Dry Fried String Beans
- Green Vegetables with Mushrooms
- Home Style Tofu
- Potato with a Vinegar Flavor
- Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes
- Pumpkin Pie
- Scrambled Eggs with Cucumber
- Pickled Cucumber
- Sautéed Sweet Corn with Pine Nuts
- Scrambled Eggs