Potato with a vinegar flavor is a dish of home style cooking; it tastes salty, sour and crisp. It is an appetizer, especially in summer. It is simple to cook but needs patience and skill to shred all of the ingredients.
2 potatoes, 1 green pepper, 1 red pepper and some green onion
Seasonings: 2 soupspoons white vinegar, 1 soupspoon cooking oil, 1 soupspoon white sugar, and1/4 teaspoon salt
Note: The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.
- Peel and clean the potatoes. Shred them into threadlike pieces.
- Put the potato shreds into a bowl and soak them with water and some white vinegar for about 10 minutes. Wash the potato shreds twice to remove the starch.
- Clean and shred the peppers into threadlike pieces.
- Clean and dice the green onion.
- Add some cooking oil in a wok and heat the oil. Add the green onion and stir-fry until it is fragrant.
- Add the potato shreds and stir-fry until they change color.
- Add the white vinegar, white sugar and salt in turn then stir-fry the potato shreds for about 30 seconds.
- Add and stir-fry the pepper shreds with the potato shreds for a further 30 seconds.
- The potato with vinegar flavoring is finished.