How to Cook Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin is native to North America. It was introduced into China a long time ago. Now it has been planted all over China and it is a common ingredient of Chinese cooking. Pumpkin has a rich nutritional value containing starch, protein, carotene, and vitamins B and C. There are many ways to make pumpkin pie with different fillings. Here we will introduce one of them.
400g pumpkin, 1 banana, half a bowl of sticky rice flour
Seasonings: some cooking oil
Note: The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.
- Peel and slice the banana.
- Peel the pumpkin and remove the pulp and seeds. Clean and slice it.
- Steam the pumpkin for about 15 minutes on a high heat.
- Take out the pumpkin and mash it. Mix the mashed pumpkin with sticky rice flour to create a pumpkin paste. If it is too dry, please add some water. Divide it into small portions.
- Press the small portions flat. Add one or two pieces of banana and mold them into flat round shapes to create the pumpkin pies.
- Add cooking oil into a pan and heat it to 50% of its temperature. Put the pumpkin pies into the pan and fry them over a medium-low heat until they become golden.
- Turn the pumpkin pies over and fry them until they are golden.
- The pumpkin pies are finished.
Note: If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can add some sugar when you make the pumpkin paste. If you don’t like the banana filling, you can replace it with another food.
Questions and Answers About How to Cook Pumpkin Pie
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- Chinese Cooking Class
- Mapo Tofu
- Yangzhou Fried Rice
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Chow Mein
- Braised Eggplant
- Diced Chicken with Chili
- Noodles with Bean Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs
- Sautéed Shredded Pork with Sweet Bean Sauce
- Black Pepper Beef Fillet
- Fish-Flavored Shredded Pork
- Poached Sliced Beef in Hot Chili Oil
- Boiled Prawns
- Steamed Weever
- Steamed Egg Custard
- Congee with Mung Bean
- Winter Melon Soup with Pork Ribs
- Winter Melon Soup with Dried Shrimps
- Dry Fried String Beans
- Green Vegetables with Mushrooms
- Home Style Tofu
- Potato with a Vinegar Flavor
- Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes
- Pumpkin Pie
- Scrambled Eggs with Cucumber
- Pickled Cucumber
- Sautéed Sweet Corn with Pine Nuts
- Scrambled Eggs