How to Cook Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin is native to North America. It was introduced into China a long time ago. Now it has been planted all over China and it is a common ingredient of Chinese cooking. Pumpkin has a rich nutritional value containing starch, protein, carotene, and vitamins B and C. There are many ways to make pumpkin pie with different fillings. Here we will introduce one of them.
400g pumpkin, 1 banana, half a bowl of sticky rice flour
Seasonings: some cooking oil
Note: The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.
- Peel and slice the banana.
- Peel the pumpkin and remove the pulp and seeds. Clean and slice it.
- Steam the pumpkin for about 15 minutes on a high heat.
- Take out the pumpkin and mash it. Mix the mashed pumpkin with sticky rice flour to create a pumpkin paste. If it is too dry, please add some water. Divide it into small portions.
- Press the small portions flat. Add one or two pieces of banana and mold them into flat round shapes to create the pumpkin pies.
- Add cooking oil into a pan and heat it to 50% of its temperature. Put the pumpkin pies into the pan and fry them over a medium-low heat until they become golden.
- Turn the pumpkin pies over and fry them until they are golden.
- The pumpkin pies are finished.
Note: If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can add some sugar when you make the pumpkin paste. If you don’t like the banana filling, you can replace it with another food.
I updated this article on September 10, 2012
See all my travel articles
- Chinese Cooking Class
- Mapo Tofu
- Yangzhou Fried Rice
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Chow Mein
- Braised Eggplant
- Diced Chicken with Chili
- Noodles with Bean Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs
- Sautéed Shredded Pork with Sweet Bean Sauce
- Black Pepper Beef Fillet
- Fish-Flavored Shredded Pork
- Poached Sliced Beef in Hot Chili Oil
- Boiled Prawns
- Steamed Weever
- Steamed Egg Custard
- Congee with Mung Bean
- Winter Melon Soup with Pork Ribs
- Winter Melon Soup with Dried Shrimps
- Dry Fried String Beans
- Green Vegetables with Mushrooms
- Home Style Tofu
- Potato with a Vinegar Flavor
- Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes
- Pumpkin Pie
- Scrambled Eggs with Cucumber
- Pickled Cucumber
- Sautéed Sweet Corn with Pine Nuts
- Scrambled Eggs