Sautéed shredded pork with sweet bean sauce is a typical Beijing dish. It's made from pork fillet and sweet bean sauce by the “Sauce Quick-fry” method, which is one of the six unique quick-fry methods of northern China.
200g pork fillet
Seasonings: 4 green onions, 250g cooking oil, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon cooking wine, 2teaspoons (tomato) ketchup, 3 teaspoons sweet bean sauce, 1 egg, and some starch.
Note: The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.
- Clean and shred the pork fillet. Starch the shredded pork with the egg white, starch, soy sauce and cooking wine.
- Clean and shred the green onion.
- Heat some cooking oil in a wok. Add shredded pork and stir-fry until it changes to a white color. Tip out at once and set aside.
- Leave some cooking oil in the wok and heat on high heat. Add ketchup, sweet bean sauce and white sugar. Stir-fry on low heat until fragrant and bubbling. Add the shredded pork and quick-fry on high heat until it has cooked thoroughly and absorbed the seasoning.
- The sautéed shredded pork with sweet bean sauce is ready. Dish it out and sprinkle the shredded green onion on top.