- Create My Trip
- China Tours +
- Create My Trip
- Destinations +
- Travel Guide +
- China Visas
- The Great Wall of China
- China’s Top 10 Attractions
- Giant Pandas
- The Terracotta Army
- Best of China
- Culture +
- Asia Tours
- Day Tours
As corn and pine nut are the specialties of Northeast China, sautéed sweet corn with pine nuts is a representative dish in Northeast China. Corn is rich in calcium, lecithin, and vitamin E, which can help lower cholesterol levels, resist cell senescence, and slow down brain degeneration.
Main ingredients: 400g fresh sweet corn kernels, 80g pine nuts, 150g carrot
Seasonings: 25g cooking oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 3 teaspoons white sugar.
(The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.)
1. Clean the corn kernels, pine nuts, and carrot.
2. Dice the carrot as small as corn kernels.
1. Boil some water, add the corn kernels, and boil about 4 minutes until medium to well done. Drain the corn through a colander.
2. Put in the pine nuts and roast them until they turn golden yellow and smell. During the roasting, you should roll them. Tip the pine nuts out into a dish.
3. Add some cooking oil to a pan and heat it. Add the corn kernels and diced carrot, and sauté them for 2 minutes with salt, white sugar, and a little water. Add the pine nuts and stir-fry briefly.
4. Your sautéed sweet corn with pine nuts is ready. Dish it out and enjoy it.
If you want to learn to cook traditional Chinese dishes, we offer you the opportunity. See our most popular food tours, which offer cooking classes as well as must-see sights.
Or you can contact us and we can add the experience of learning to cook Chinese dishes to your China tours.