Scrambled eggs with cucumber is a variation of scrambled eggs. The dish looks appealing with the yellow and light green colors and tastes nice. The eggs are smooth and tender, while the cucumber adds crispiness. The ingredients of both egg and cucumber are very nutritional and healthy.
Ingredients: 2 cucumbers, 2 eggs, and 2–3 red chilies
Seasonings: 30ml cooking oil, 2g salt, 10ml light soy sauce
(The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.)
1. Clean and slice the cucumber.
2. Crack the eggs into a bowl. Whisk the eggs to mix the yolks and the egg whites completely with a wire whisk or chopsticks.
3. Clean and cut the red chilies into small pieces.
1. Place a wok over a medium heat and heat the cooking oil, moving the wok so that the middle 25 cm (10") or so is coated with oil. Add the beaten eggs. Let them set and lift the eggs to get the unset liquid in contact with the wok. Let the eggs set again, then break them into pieces. When the eggs are 90% cooked, tip them out onto a plate.
2. Leave some cooking oil in the wok. Add the sliced cucumber and fry it until slightly soft. Then re-add the fried egg, and add the salt and light soy sauce. Stir fry the egg with cucumber until well mixed.
3. Add chopped peppers and fry for 10 seconds.
4. Serve on a plate.
If you want to learn to cook traditional Chinese dishes, we offer you the opportunity. See our most popular food tours, which offer cooking classes as well as must-see sights.
Or you can contact us and we can add the experience of learning to cook Chinese dishes to your China tours.