Scrambled eggs with cucumber are a variation of scrambled eggs. The dish looks good with the yellow and light green colors and tastes nice; the eggs are smooth and tender while the cucumber adds crispness. Both ingredients of egg and cucumber are very nutritional and healthy.
2 cucumbers, 2 eggs
Seasonings: some ginger and some garlic, 30ml cooking oil, 2g salt, 10ml light soy sauce, and some monosodium glutamate
Note: The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.
- Clean and dice the ginger and garlic into small pieces.
- Clean and slice the cucumber.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Whisk the eggs to mix up the yolks and the egg whites completely with a wire whisk or chopsticks.
- Place a wok over a medium heat and add some cooking oil evenly to the bottom of the wok. When the oil has reached 70% of its temperature, add the beaten eggs. Let them set and stir the eggs from the bottom up. Let the eggs set again and break the egg into pieces. When the eggs are 90% cooked tip them out into a dish.
- Leave some cooking oil in the wok. Add the small pieces of ginger and garlic and cook them until you can smell their fragrance. Put the cucumbers in and stir-fry for 30 minutes. Add the salt and light soy sauce and stir-fry for a bit.
- When the cucumbers become slightly soft, add the cooked eggs in with the cucumbers and stir-fry. Add the monosodium glutamate and stir evenly.
- The scrambled eggs with cucumber are cooked.