How to Cook Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs
Sweet-and-sour spare ribs are a popular and representative sweet and sour food. This dish has a reddish look and tastes both sweet and sour. It is no doubt that it is attractive and delicious as an appetizer. If you love this dish, do not lose control and eat too much, as this high-caloric dish contains abundant sugar and protein.
500g spare ribs
Seasoning: 75g crystal sugar (or white sugar), 50g vinegar, 25g cooking wine, 15g light soy sauce, 10g dark soy sauce, 15g green onion, 5g processed sesame, 15g ginger, some cooking oil and salt
Note: The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.
- Clean and cut the ginger and green onion into pieces.
- Clean and chop the spare ribs into pieces of about 1 inch long. Boil some water and put in the spare ribs. Boil for a while to remove the blood. Mix and soak the spare ribs with the cooking wine, light soy sauce, ginger and green onions for about 20 minutes.
- Put the spare ribs in a bowl and steam for about 30 minutes. Tip the spare ribs out and set aside. Take out the ginger and green onions and keep the soup.
- Heat some cooking oil to 70% done. Fry the spare ribs with high heat until golden. Remove them from the wok.
- Leave some oil in the wok. Add and boil the sugar on low heat. Pour in the soup and add the dark soy sauce, vinegar and salt. Cook for a few minutes.
- When the juice concentrates in the wok, add a little vinegar and sprinkle the processed sesame.
- The sweet-and-sour spare ribs are finished. Dish them out.
I updated this article on October 7, 2012
See all my travel articles
- Chinese Cooking Class
- Mapo Tofu
- Yangzhou Fried Rice
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Chow Mein
- Braised Eggplant
- Diced Chicken with Chili
- Noodles with Bean Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs
- Sautéed Shredded Pork with Sweet Bean Sauce
- Black Pepper Beef Fillet
- Fish-Flavored Shredded Pork
- Poached Sliced Beef in Hot Chili Oil
- Boiled Prawns
- Steamed Weever
- Steamed Egg Custard
- Congee with Mung Bean
- Winter Melon Soup with Pork Ribs
- Winter Melon Soup with Dried Shrimps
- Dry Fried String Beans
- Green Vegetables with Mushrooms
- Home Style Tofu
- Potato with a Vinegar Flavor
- Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes
- Pumpkin Pie
- Scrambled Eggs with Cucumber
- Pickled Cucumber
- Sautéed Sweet Corn with Pine Nuts
- Scrambled Eggs